UC TORANA HATCH

• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

#76 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

i asked the guy about the offset and this is what he said:

We set the Commodore version 8mm out from stock to suit commodore offset, all the rest is the same.

#77 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

hey guys a few updates..
installed the dash the other night which lead to reinstalling the stereo after seeing how poorly it had been done. like who ever did it must not of had a soldering iron of sumthing cos the connections were literately twisted and taped together :fool:
heres it in:
Posted Image

also the gearbox finally came.. some how they forgot to put it on the truck when it was suppose to be anyway its hear now :) it came out of a VN SS surprisingly not thrashed lol

Posted Image

and just a few other pics i took of the engine :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ben

#78 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

cool, now get it in there

#79 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

i know i know...

#80 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

that polished up motor looks AWSOME.
Can't wait to go for a cruise eh...

#81 _Chriskoss-79uc_

_Chriskoss-79uc_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Damn that dash looks brand spankers!

Love it, and get the motor in quick smart :P

#82 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

haha cheers guys

Ben

#83 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image
hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! :furious: not in yet...

fitted sump is this alright through the middle of the extractors?
Posted Image

and picked up engine mounts :)
Posted Image
the guy i got these from is the owner of the LX LIMO!! thats right i saw and touched it :P :rockon:

sent wiring loom and computer to castlemain auto electrical to get adapted suited for the UC and checked also ordered fuel system through them

ordered low mount alternator bracket off ebay hopefully should come soon

still to get:
Exhaust
radiator
Au thermo fans

if anyone can help me out with them that would be cool :)

coming along but slowly im out of money so its up to dad now haha :fool:

Ben

#84 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

Looks awesome Ben.

How far off completion is the Limo?

Hit eBay or wreckers for the AU fans. Not sure about the Radiator. smokem has just started a business in Adelaide selling performance gear. I'm not sure if he does exhausts, but I'm sure he'd be able to point you in the right direction either way :D

Give us a yell if you need a hand getting the engine in one weekend, I'd be happy to help (If I'm in Adelaide...) :spoton:

Tim

#85 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

cheers tim!

yeah the limo was pretty much at the same stage as those pictures that were on here he told me he had pretty much everything he needed to complete it but hadn't got around to it yet

Ben

#86 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Have you got yourself a torana altenator bracket yet, I noticed you have the commodore one attached to the engine in those photos

I am in the same boat with the money, except my father isnt going to help me out with that, I have to just wait until I earn more.

its looking close anyway mate good luck :spoton:

#87 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi
Your A/C is def not going to fit. Rares spares or ebay has the alternator braket, one other thing is to take a knotch out of the firewall where the dissy sits or you have to take the motor out just to get the dissy out. Standard heater box should be fitted and not nead to be modifyed , i found it easyer to take the heater out of the car from under the dash then place it back in one motor is fitted. I used a supra 5 speed so i dont know how you box will fit againt trans tunnel. Use the VN fuel rail (sorry could not remember what motor you have) as VR-VS will hit heater box. It will be a tight fit but well worth it. It should go hard
Chears Neil

#88 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

cheers neil! yeah took AC out today and bought a heater box so that will go in soon. how would you go about taking a notch out of the fire wall? bought a low mount alternator bracket so thats taken care of just that fuel rail! mines a VR SS one but im sure the part that sticks out heaps bolts off and can be swapped but i may be wrong... also sorted out the exhaust well the mufflers and cats just need someone to fit it but that will be easy enough..
one other question neil if u read this is did ur tail shaft fit?

cheers Ben

#89 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

mine is a VS and the fuel rail does foul on the heater box, only just, its the spout on that side. I was going to just lop it off and have a 90 degree bend spout put in its place

#90 _Brewster_

_Brewster_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

Great subwoofer / amp set up mate, love it! :spoton:

#91 _lxefi304_

_lxefi304_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

i put my fuel rail barb in the vice and heated with the oxy then put a pin punch down the centre and gently bent it in the right direction (scary job) mine was a vr engine. it depends how much is removed from the blower duct aswell.

ur motor looks sweet luv the engine covers. my engine is black with a red sump lol.

wat extractors u got there?

and are u getting it regency approved?

i got defected 2days after putting mine on the road :cry: cop's looked a bit confused when i poped the bonnet. then 1 said this thing must go like a shower of sh!t

should be a fun ride.

#92 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

evilUChatch thats what i was hoping to do and by the sounds of it Lxefi304 has done that cheers Lxefi304 yeah am hoping to be 100% legal :) at least that way i'd feel safe driving past them when they is staring ya down!

The extractors are HSV items and we are hoping the will fit with a bit of luck!as i got em with the motor if not will probably opt for the pacemaker ones

hahaha im hoping it will go well :P

Thanks Brewster i think its probably the most practical setup!

CHeers Guys

Ben

#93 _lxefi304_

_lxefi304_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

i tried using the factory manifolds but they hit on the passengers side of the x member i had 2 get pacemakers.the hsv headers may be different im nt sure.i also had 2 cut the little cage thingie away on the xmember where the stub of the rack goes through and the cotter pins on the steering couplings rubed on extractors. in nt sure if uc's will b any diferent?

i cant remember the part number 4 them there pretty easy 2 get hold of.

#94 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Yeah the exhaust place near my house im pretty sure can get em in for me if need be :)

are you from adelaide?

Ben

#95 _lxefi304_

_lxefi304_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

im from kadina. bout 150k's away. i orderd mine through work

#96 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

a decent cruise haha :)
well small update!
bought AU twin thermo fans yesterday :) also got a call from the auto electrical place saying the were working on my loom today so that should be done soon! they are also going to check my computer with this new machine they are getting in but it wont be ready for a week or to! but thats ok i guess :<_<: :)
and yeah thats about it really slowly but surely...

Ben

#97 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

Hi
Sorryr late reply my net died, Yes my tailshaft fitted perfectly i used a gearbox yoke from CRS and fitted 1st try. The place were the dissy wont clear the firewall is were the two pieces are spot welded across the fire wall, i have not chopped mine out yet as it was two late one my moter was in (its getting replaced when car gets painted) but i looked at trimming a small bit out with a grinder then re welding were spot welds were (i would take a photo but my cars not at home) I also tryed to fit hsv extractors but i had to get the local muffer crew to chop and change were the oxy secer hit the firewall. You will also find that the coil will have to be moved from the back of the moter, i used a self tapper to fit mine under the wiper moter.
Chears for now Neil

#98 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

Hey Neil thats cool! you used the supra box hopefully the BW t5 is around the same length (fingers crossed) ah right so it shouldn't be to hard to modify it.. yeah well my 0xy thing isnt actually on the extractor so i was asuming that could be fitted on the exhaust where it will fit? yeah i knew the coil wouldn't fit the spot where u fitted yours seems like a good out of the way spot :) cheers for you help just one other question u got your wiring loom from castlemain auto electrical correct? if so did u have any problems with it as mines on its way back from them now lol

Ben

#99 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

Hi
Yes wiring was from CAE, im chasing a injecter pulse problem but it could be shit injecters yet, i deleted the reverse light harness as toranas dont nead that part of the engine harness.
I fitted most electrical stuff back inside my car (map sencer ingition module) so the power wire from the alternator back into the car was deleted and now runs straight to the battery. It was easyer harness to work with then the one i bought from V6 conversions as none of there plug conectors fitted my harness. If you are fitting your relays under dash i ripped all the wires from the drivers side (next to brake booster) that normaly go to the engine and i fitted them under dash to the relays under my glovebox. One other thing is to make sure that you have 12v to the coil at all times when moter is running. Only dumb thing i did was to fit the fuel lines up backwards but thats about it.
I was going to use a T5 however i was told it would hit the trans tunnel and i noticed Youngy 11 (i think thats his name) had a fair bit of work with his hatch to make his fit.
Chears Neil

Edited by Neils LX, 29 February 2008 - 11:35 AM.

#100 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

Cheers for that Neil! I guess i will just have to see how the T5 goes :<_<: i'll let you know if i need anymore info as u seem to know your stuff :)

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users