summernats security(trolley pushers)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#1 _smokem_

_smokem_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

im just qurious to hear some opinions from other members that attended summernats this year in regards to the shocking job done by what some would call security :furious:

thursday night one of the di#$heads dragged me out of my car and wanted to fight me because my car was to loud and hurt his ears :fool:

then saturday night steven loder had an unfortunate accident where the throttle stuck on and instead hurting people he drove it into the concrete barrier and hurt his car bad and was then rewarded with a punch in the face by security :blink:

then to top it off on sunday there was an incident where gary myers exacuter was dented by security and three security gaurds gave gary a touch up also!!!

mate what the f@#s going on with this show i know about 30 entrants all big names and high profile cars including myselfthat are planning on not making the journey next year because we were treated like common criminals

i hope in the future chick henry asseses the situation and does some big changes as this caused quite a problem on saturday night when the crowd had decided theyd had enough and march around like an army :clap:

ive seen several videos of the security belting people for pretty much no reason and you will see em soon as theyre all going on you tube for everyone to see the level of profesionalisem that they used to run the show :furious:

i personaly think this problem will be felt more next year by the promoters when they add up dollars at the end of the show and see how much these loser security gaurds have lost em due to the actions of this year

im not bagging out chick,dig,or any of the real summernats officials as they put on a killa show that we all love and base our lives around !!!

but im disgusted in the manner in wich blokes that have spent upto 100 grand on theyre pride and joy and 1000s of dollars getting em to the show for the weekend were treated !!!

THIS IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!(what are your thought on this??)

#2 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

i like the fact how 'big name' guys can get away with anything,and you do some thing really minor and get raped for it. whats good for one is good for the other i dont care how big of a name these guys are. fair has to be fair.

security was the worst in years. some security staff encouraging burnouts and others wanting to belt ya for a quick blip on the throttle.
not a good place for families

#3 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Car:74 LH SL

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

should run one of the fembits over
i reckon that f*ckwit rent a cops are the worst around

#4 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

My son works for the Security company that attended the Nats this yr so I will ask him and get a perspective from him and from his work mates.

I might add my son chose not to work at Summernats this year as he preferred to work at some of the local club venues they look after.

As for noise levels - I wasn't at the Nats this year I stayed right away, I didnt have a car ready anyway. But in previous years I have noticed the noise is more deafening than it used to be. So many drop their pipes to get the loud raw sound after spending so much money on expensive but sweet sounding exhaust systems. Every year the cars get louder and louder but this will eventually have a detrimental effect as the nearby locals will lodge more and more complaints. There is really no need to drop the pipes is there :)

Food for thought!

Herne

#5 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

It's that kind of Auto event. It's noisy. It's part of the appeal. It only goes on for a few days at most, just like the Grad Prix at Albert Park Lake.

I didn't go to this, but when I do go to things like this, I take ear plugs and enjoy the blissful vibration from the thunderous roar of V8's.

As for the security.... get some pics of their mugs and post them up.
Sounds like they're untrained or poorly trained thugs.

Cheers,
Rick.

Edited by TORANR AMORE, 07 January 2008 - 04:19 PM.

#6 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

So hot sounding exhaust systems are not enough?? Interesting.........

As for poorly trained security guards well you are so wrong, this team is highly respected around many Canberra venues.... Don't know what happened at Summernats but there are two sides to every story and it might be worth thinking about that.

Herne

#7 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

then saturday night steven loder had a punch in the face by security :blink:

an incident where gary myers exacuter was dented by security and three security gaurds gave gary a touch up also!!!

i hope in the future chick henry asseses the situation and does some big changes

Has chick henry been notified?
I reckon you and the other guys that got hassled let chick know. Let him know what happened and that there is a strong possibility of these people not returning due to this. if he has any sense he will definately make sure that things are sorted out.
He can't afford to have these types of people working there as it will be detrimental to his show, which isnt good for business.
Maybe even send him the footage of security bashing people.
I think you'll find if he finds out just how bad it was, then things will change.
By the way, I saw your car and it is bloody beautiful! Sounds very tuff!
cheers

#8 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thanks guys for being careful in what and how you say things on a public forum. So far i have no problem with anything that's been said, and it's definitely a valid point that needs to be discussed.

I urge you to be careful what and how you say things though as this topic defintiely has the chance of turning bad. Just an observation and past experience.

Please keep going with the discussion but also be mindful of what you say and just as much, how it's said.

I cant speak for this this year's nats as i didnt go, but i have heard many a rough story related to security in past years, and i personally believe that there is no justification for hitting a member of the public or entrant unless they threw the first punch (Brawl situation).

Unfortunately reports of things like this is exactly why i refuse to go down, and least of all risk taking my car down there for possible damage or worse... a smack in the teeth.

Cheers.

#9 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

Alan, I could be wrong, maybe,.. but experience and instinct tells me otherwise.

Don't you think smokem has a bit credibility?

Assuming he does:
I train with Security Guards, Bouncers and Police every week, and from what he's described, yes it sounds like they are very poorly trained and are lacking self control and the ability to control a situation. If I am wrong then maybe my standards and expectations are higher.

"Highly Respected" ????
Maybe not anymore.
Security Guards are only supposed to rough people up like that when its absolutely necessary.

Logging off now.

Cheers,
Rick.

#10 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

oops,
you're too quick tiny,
LOL

#11 _1BADSS_

_1BADSS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

I camped on site at the Nats all weekend and was lucky enough not to have any issues with the security guards, in fact I thought they were better this year than previous years, mind you I did not see any of them assault anyone. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences this year smokem. I hope you and all of you Mates with top dollar cars do not stop going to future Nats because of this and you all write emails to Chic and the Summernats management and provide them with any evidence of these assaults, maybe the police can lay charges on these offending security guards.

As for the noise at the Nats, I love the sound of loud thumping V8's, dropped pipes or not, I lap it up. Kan the chook cookers with dropped pipes, even with pipes for that matter, they are ear bleeders hahaha

P.S. smokem, your new paint scheme looks sweet as Mate, top work.

Cheers,
Grant.

#12 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

I think Chic will know about it, they have some video footage on tonight's news apparently.

#13 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

They're the same crooks who hang around Blacktown train station waiting to rob you. They put on a yellow vest and think they god. I also noticed a huge gang of "unmarked" security guards waiting silently against the fence showing no interest in anything watching the crowd waiting for shit to break out so they could get a punch in.

A large portion of the crowd weren't much better either. My girlfriend got harrassed when she left my side for 1 minute to buy a drink, I really wasn't impressed.

I really noticed a huge drop in the quality of the cars from previous years. Not to bag peoples stuff out, but there seemed to be a large amount of bog stock shitboxes with no exhaust and a big stally. Maybe all the good cars where just hiding in the tents where they cant get damaged.

#14 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi Rick, no mate its not a matter of the credibility of smokem, all I am saying is there are two sides to every coin and I do know many of the security guards personally . Maybe the security guards were getting their ear drums blasted, they wouldn't be the first... Summernats 19 was the worst for noise I have attended and I havent been back since but that is because twice now I have changed engines when Summernats is on and next year when I hope to attend I will be taking ear plugs.

I wasn't there and I have not heard anything on this as yet. Like I stated I will be asking my son to make some general enquiry's and try and get another side of the story, although it will be a couple of days before I next see him to to the nature of his other job.

It could well be that there were two or more security companies at Summernats and this has been the case previously as far as I know.

All I can go on is the fact that the company my son does part time work for has a very good name in the industry for restraint. Things have long changed from the days when I bounced and then later leased my own pub where the bash may have come first and the questions come later ;)

It will be interesting to watch the news tonight.

Cheers
Alan

Edited by Herne, 07 January 2008 - 05:29 PM.

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Yet another reason I will never attend with my car, and probably never attend again. After the issues I have heard with guys cars getting damaged over the years, even the top cars while security stands by. Alchohol needs to be removed from this event, simple as that, then you might get real car lovers not idiots attend.

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

^ for once I agree with you.

#17 _smokem_

_smokem_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

maybe i should post the five minutes of footage we have of the islander security gaurds having a gang fight against the kiwi,s that was very professional of them to bring the war to work with em :cry:

p.s. theyve 100% lost all the big $$ car owners i know over this!!

motorvation is looking to be a killa show next year!!

ah yeah 1 more comment !!!
its summernats if ya cant handle the sound of dropped pipes on high horsepower cars then just keep working in coles as floor security and deal with the gangsters that shoplift not the people that dont care what the price tag reads!!!! :spoton:

henre i dont know what nationality your son is but the ones that were being di@#heads were the islanders..
there were two firms running at the nats one lot were sooks and the other were gang bangers by the looks of things and WE WILL NOT BE BACK !!! :furious:

#18 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi smokem, I think you will find the 'islanders' are those provided by Chic Henry himself i.e. Summernats own staff, the company my AUSTRALIAN son works for are not Islanders nor are they sooks, give em trouble in a meaningful way and they WILL respond -with equal force I believe is the right term :)

I am English btw.

I have to ask you though smokem, do you think you could have inadvertently riled them with what some see as excessive noise esp if they were right up close? No offence intended to you smokem.

EDIT, please note I am trying to make this non personal.....

Another thing comes to mind, if the guards react they are thugs and if they do not they are thugs. maybe we should remove the guards and let the people attending sort things out? I wonder how good that might be, a sort of anything goes situation.....

I wont get into the noise debate with you. You know what I am getting at.

Herne

Edited by Herne, 07 January 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#19 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

Just watched the local news, great footage of an Islander flogging a pissed idiot, then kicking him when he was on the ground.

Chic's response ? Maybe he was provoked ?

Chic also went on to state he would not even consider an alcohol ban.... "that would ruin the event"

I also heard from another source that Gary Myers and his car got touched up.

Interesting times.

#20 _StrayLH_

_StrayLH_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

well i live in canberra, and i have avoided the nats for years now.

it all went to the dogs when they started lettin "tuners" (by that i mean any late model car, including new fords and commodores from the 90's up) in and the associated groupies that go along with them.

Sorry Chic, but you lost me years ago.

#21 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

This years nats was a disgrace

i think chic really needs to get his priorites right. Cars or Money. because it seems to me he is about the money at the moment.

Did any one see that shitbox mazda doing laps in the supercruise rust panels, stock engine. Absolute joke.

Drop a tiny skid and the f&*Kwits (sercurity) tried to take your sticker and i mean small skid.

i am now seriously reconsidering whether or not to even bother trying to have my car ready for next nats

end rant

#22 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hey herne any one that cant handle noise should not be there its summernats not sunday school thats what it about bloody cars and noise they go together by the way islanders love to blew thats there culture.

#23 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hey herne any one that cant handle noise should not be there its summernats not sunday school thats what it about bloody cars and noise they go together by the way islanders love to blew thats there culture.

Jesus Christ I have tried to keep my cool. I am saying if the idiots insist on dropping their pipes and the noise levels get higher as they are doing now its only a matter of time before the event is shut down.. Its a simple choice keep the noise down a tad and I am not suggesting muffled to the hilt or face the real possibility but there is a good chance of losing the event....

My car is not street legal as I am sure its a tad over the 96Db allowed but then again its not annoying ear shattering either.

Personally I would rather see Summernats stay but maybe we could lose the drunks.
BTW I dont live close to the event so I am not one of the locals complaining to the authorities.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 07 January 2008 - 06:46 PM.

#24 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

Did any one see that shitbox mazda doing laps in the supercruise rust panels, stock engine. Absolute joke.

hahah! Was that the flat black one? When I was walking out of there, there was some flat black jap peice of shit out the front. The guards were ripping off his entrant sticker and it was very heated. We kept walking but i wouldn't be suprised if it turned into a punch on.

PS: that noise was nothing. Ever been to any drag racing event and walked through the pits? Or better yet, a top fuel meet? The noise is actually one of the good things about summernats.

I think it's great to have drink or 2 at the nats, I dont get pissed but a drink or 2 is nice. But for the greater good they shhould ban the shit. I go there to see cars, not get pissed. They'll punch out gary myres for giving his car a jab, but you dont see them punching a guy out for screaming offensive shit at a 15 year old girl till she runs off crying.

#25 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Chill brother all im a saying is thats what most guys do drop there pipes i think sooner or later this event will be moved out of city of canberra to the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users