summernats security(trolley pushers)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#26 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

I used to drag race at Brooksfield Dragway in SA. Brooksfield has long been closed as development grew closer so yes I have heard the noise, been closer to it than many actually.

Herne

#27 _smokem_

_smokem_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

im shocked with the response here in such a short time!!!

hey henre im not taking this personaly buddy its cool but my point is its the biggest burnout show in the world mate pipes cant stay on the big power cars mate its chokes em up and u know this!!!

maybe the show needs to be at a proper race track then aye!!!

hence the reason weve chosen to go to motorvation !!!!

p.s. its all good for victor bray or anyone else thats involved with the sponsors of the show but its no good for the entrants that bring most of the dollars to run no pipes whats with that??

#28 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Did any one see that shitbox mazda doing laps in the supercruise rust panels, stock engine. Absolute joke.

hahah! Was that the flat black one? When I was walking out of there, there was some flat black jap peice of shit out the front. The guards were ripping off his entrant sticker and it was very heated. We kept walking but i wouldn't be suprised if it turned into a punch on.

PS: that noise was nothing. Ever been to any drag racing event and walked through the pits? Or better yet, a top fuel meet? The noise is actually one of the good things about summernats.

I think it's great to have drink or 2 at the nats, I dont get pissed but a drink or 2 is nice. But for the greater good they shhould ban the shit. I go there to see cars, not get pissed. They'll punch out gary myres for giving his car a jab, but you dont see them punching a guy out for screaming offensive shit at a 15 year old girl till she runs off crying.

No there was another one from canberra biggest hunk of shit.

dont get me wrong i like to see people having ago but seriously if my 350 chev powered slr isnt good enough how this hunk.

Summernats will be interesting next year thats all i can say

#29 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Smokem: Send an email to Chic admin @ summernats.com.au (without the spaces). Chic likes to get feedback from entrants and spectators good or bad so he can make changes if need be for the next year.

The event wont be moved from Canberra as it brings in way to much money for the Community and surrounding areas. Just about every business benefits from the event.

As for the making it a non alcohol event, that also wont happen as it too brings in big dollars.

#30 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Ok guys, im gonna throw something different up.

I am a licensed security guard, have the paperwork stating that i can work anywhere in Australia as a security officer/crowd controller.

I have worked at multiple pubs, either with other guards or solely on my own, done concerts, backyard parties, speedway etc etc.

The actions described by Smokem are COMPLETELY TOTALLY AND UTTERLY BULLSHIT, AND IF I WAS WORKING WITH THOSE GUYS THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIGHT ON BETWEEN THE GUARDS!!!!

I absolutely cant stand high and mighty f*ck with security guards. Pisses me off. Yeah, sure, i've thrown a few swings in my time, i've chocked my fair share of cock heads out, but i assure you, they deserved it. I was working at one pub for eight months, got punched in the face 23 times while there. I only threw swings back 5 times. Its called self restraint guys, if you dont have it, hand your security license in.

I assure you all, the best way to make someone shit themselves is to have them walk up, head but ya, then punch you in the face twice, take a step back and see you standing there, staring at them, then hear you say "ok, do that one more time, im gonna be pissed off". I've had a few blokes a lot bigger than me run down the street with there tails between there legs, without even throwing a swing. Having a solid head helps...

Grrrrrrrr ok rant over. For now. None of the above at all was directed at any forum members, just expressing my anger. I Completely agree with everyone.

Cheers.

#31 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Cant wait till motorvation bring it over smoken we have the best place for an event that big oh by the way dont bother bringing your exhaust.

#32 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

I think that Herne is making a valid point with the noise of the cars, but as smokem has said.. this is the environment specifically designed for it each year. All security guards should be issued with ear plugs as part of their PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as guards at rock concerts are.

I still say there is no excuse for physical violence unless physically provoked and this whole "do a skid and i'll take ya keys" thing is a pathetic joke. As no doubt ANY of us here will vouch, if anyone were to touch my car, let alone they keys, they will have the biggest most angry 6'7" giant to deal with.

As someone mentioned i think it has become more of a place to go to get blotto and pick a fight than to appreciate the cars.

As for the treatment of women there, I'm not even going to begin because i think that the testosterone that is amped up by the high octane and burning rubber + copious ammounts of alcohol is proving that those people have no respect, not for the cars and especially not for the ladies who are there mainly to either support their better half/friend or admire the cars and enjoy the event themselves.

I hope for Chic henry's sake that a good solution can be found before next year's event as this seems to be spoken about after each nats for the past few years at least.
Bring the nats back to what it began as (well before my time) where revheads can go to enjoy themselves in safety.

Make sure that you big guns with these top cars let chic himself know what happened, and provide any evidence you have so that HOPEFULLY they can make this even BETTER.

Cheers.

*Added* Tinks said that they will never ban alcohol - Maybe that's not needed - At WSID you can only buy and consume alcohol in the alcohol tent at the top of the strip and that's that. That could control the alcohol problem and MAYBE help the situation while pleasing the majority.

#33 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

the sercurity last year were fine bomber its just this year that there has been big problems i dont know whether that they have switched sercurity mobs or just found and hired all of australia's biggest d^&Kheads.

Smokem: if he didnt like the pipes he should have gone gotten some earplugs.

the sercurity were the biggest fun nazis even event managment were cool with some of the skids but not the gaurds

#34 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

I took my girlfriend and 2 year old son last year and would never go back again. My girlfriend was grabed by drunk guys while security watched and laughed while she carried my son. Theres no excuse for that. I don't think poorly trained has anything to do with that. This year we decided to go to states instead and went to the world street car finals. May have cost a little more but least we got to enjoy the cars

#35 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

The nats needs a grog policy just like powercruise where its a dry event up untill a cetain time when the bar opens so the boys can get a few in them but familys can still enjoy the show through the day.

but how can we change the mindsets of people when the nats was advetised in the early days as beers, burnouts, bloers and boobs?

#36 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'm with u that'd be a great idea.

#37 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Sorta glad i missed it.
Looks like we won't be seeing ALL the action on the next Summernats DVD.
Maybe call it beer, burnouts, blowers and bloopers.

#38 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

and boobies?

#39 _v8slrtorana_

_v8slrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

I went as a gold pass ticket holder, made the trip from Darwin.
Well 21 was the first time for me.
I WAS DISAPOINTED & likely won't go back as a spectator, and ill never take my car.
Great cars, great venue, but the most of the crowd seem to be there for alcohol and boobies.
I went for the cars, but could not believe how bad the girls got harassed, yet nothing was done about it.
Meanwhile, entrants are getting told off / (and apparently smacked in the head) for doing small skids. WTF.
If the alcohol won't be banned, which it should be, at least it should only be sold after say 6pm? on Saturday night, only for the party time.
I walked the entire venue, looked and at every corner. You got some security guards that would smile at the entrants, and turn a blind eye to skids.
Then u have the security guards that would be on the radio after even the smallest tyre chirp. Yet these are the same guys IGNORING the spectators with :- no shirt, a JD in each hand, standing on the road, stopping Utes with girls on the back, not letting them pass till boobies was flashed.
But Ur going to get that with different personalities.
Chic Henry's event will go to the dogs, the owners / entrants of the cars will go else where. These people will attend the events where they know there car will be safe, and respected by the people attending the event.
The event is about cars at it? So if the owner can't have a drink, not that you should be drink driving, why is there alcohol?
Alcohol is fuel for morons, morons don't respect the machines or the people.
My opinion is just one of many.

& smokem, tuff car man.

#40 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

The nats needs a grog policy just like powercruise where its a dry event up untill a cetain time when the bar opens so the boys can get a few in them but familys can still enjoy the show through the day.

I agree with this. There needs to be some sort of control of alcohol. I think opening the bar later in the arvo will cut back a lot of shit. This will mean people can still get on the piss but they wont be absolutely hammered by mid afternoon, which will lead to hassles later in the night. Don't get me wrong I love a beer or 50, i'm 25 and have been going for years, and getting on the piss while i'm there, but its gotten to a certain point where its pissing me off coz every 2nd person thinks he's as solid as mike tyson with a gut full of booze.
Ahh i'll probably cop some flak from mates reading this but, if something isn't done to fix this spiralling problem with the nats then it will end up imploding on itself. Then we'll have nothing.

#41 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

im shocked with the response here in such a short time!!!

hey henre im not taking this personaly buddy its cool but my point is its the biggest burnout show in the world mate pipes cant stay on the big power cars mate its chokes em up and u know this!!!

maybe the show needs to be at a proper race track then aye!!!

hence the reason weve chosen to go to motorvation !!!!

p.s. its all good for victor bray or anyone else thats involved with the sponsors of the show but its no good for the entrants that bring most of the dollars to run no pipes whats with that??

yeah smokem its all cool and yes I do know how much an exhaust can effect a cars performance. Take the pipes off for the burnouts, driving and dyno events cos they are held a certain times only but put em back on when doing laps, lets face it the laps never stop and there is no need for extra power at all of 8kph :) I am also very aware that this inconvenience is a bit of a hassle.

Just my 5c worth.

There has been rumours around for a long time about Chic getting jaded and giving up the Nats and it moving outside Canberra. I personally would like to see it stay in Canberra and preferably in a less populated area with tighter control of the drunks. People are right to get pissed off when their kids/wives and g/f's are treated with utter disrespect.

The Nats have been getting a bad name for years now due to the lack of control over alcohol. The mature/wise locals in Canberra know to leave with their families around 5:00pm to avoid the worst of the fools but lets face it many are mindless morons by 3:00 in the afternoon or earlier.

Further to Tiny's comments, yes I agree the security staff should be supplied with ear plugs, they must get pretty uptight by the end of their shift. No doubt any security guard that has been there before would know to take earplugs :)

Cheers
Herne

#42 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

alcohol is the big problem,but they cant really do anything about it as vb and jd are majour sponsors. i wish it was like the old days :spoton:

#43 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

I thought the decibel level was excessive with some cars if you were standing next to them. (Ears ringing with fingers inserted).
The mob antics was not called for.
I saw idiots thrown out that should have been.
I saw some excessive force at times.
Crowds were fairly well behaved in general.

#44 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

And why do a lot of the chicks get harassed? Cos lots show their tits at the drop of a hat/first sign of encouragement, damn attention seeking hoes! So then the drunken yobbos think that every chick will do it. :rolleyes:

#45 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

What's an Islander if a Kiwi isnt ??

#46 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

a cookie??or a samoen maybe

Edited by Guns n roses, 07 January 2008 - 10:06 PM.

#47 _1BADSS_

_1BADSS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

Samowin or Tongan I'd say.

#48 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

whats the u tube links?

#49 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

This was the first time I went to summernats, drove down form qld. And I too was not impressed. we went down to the cruise area at about 11-12 o'clock saturday and there were way too many incoherent drunk d1ckheads yelling dumb comments at the women and car owners. plus I also thought there wasnt enough happening to justify it running over so many days - I got bored at times seeing the same stuff. and to top it off at 3:30 we were not allowed to go back to our tents WTF, we were tired hot and burned. at that point I just wanted to sit in our tent put on more sunscreen and head back down to the cruise area when it cooled down but the security guards told us to go away until 5:00. at 5:00 we packed up and left muttering various sware words in the process.

PowerCruise was heaps better and closer too, F**K SUMMERNATS If they dont do something about it I wont go back

I believe Alcohol was a problem too, even though I really liked those jack daniels Slurpies there was too many idiots

I also noticed the security guards provoking burnouts around the back taking photos, but the ones in the main areas were punishing guys doing little chirps

Thats my rant

#50 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

PowerCruise was heaps better and closer too, F**K SUMMERNATS If they dont do something about it I wont go back

I also noticed the security guards provoking burnouts around the back taking photos, but the ones in the main areas were punishing guys doing little chirps

Thats my rant

I am glad you pointed out the fact that security were encouraging burnouts down the back and frowning on them on other parts of the park.
This was also the case at Summernats 19 too and I ensured Chic knew about this because the inconsistency only made things worse. No doubt its the same at all the Summernats then.

Its high time Chic sorted this out once and for all double standards never work and its just not good enough.

Cheers
Herne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users