The Harry Firth Dinner

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

So anyone want my ticket? You will be with the VTC boys.

Steve

The VTC will be on our best behaviour!
If anyone wants Steves ticket we will welcome anyone onto our table.
It sounds like it is going to be a great night.

#52 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

Yet another dinner ticket is now for sale :(

My bro in law has just received instructions from his doctor that he is not to go. The poor bloke has been unwell for ages and was looking forward to the trip to Newcastle too.

If anyone needs late ticket I can negotiate with you to get at least something back for Peter, hes a pensioner and cant really afford to lose all the money. Although I am sure he would accept some sort of loss.

Cheers
Herne

#53 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Ticket sold :) ^^^^^^^^^^^ Peter will be happy.
Thanks

Herne

#54 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

Ticket sold :) ^^^^^^^^^^^ Peter will be happy.
Thanks

Herne

Herne
can you pass me the ticket number, so I can update the records..

cheers
Mick

#55 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

Umm I have no idea what they are Mick, sorry, I reckon Keith might know them though as he is our table master.

Hopefully Keith1962 will see this and contact you :) If not I will chase Keith up :)

Peter Baldry is out and Hux - Glenn Huxley is in :)
I was actually thinking of contacting you and notifying the change but you well and truly beat me to it. I hope the change is not going to inconvenience you too much.
whilst you are looking at that ticket, I might as well fess up... I could not remember Jeremy's last name so put him down as Jeremy Ford lol His actual name is Jeremy Horton.

Cheers
Alan

#56 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

HAHA Jeremy FORD! HAHAHA What an insult!

#57 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Umm my last name is Ford lol I put Jeremy down as the brother I never had lol

It has been suggested I change my name to BEDford, at least its a GM name ;)

****For Mick.... I just messaged Keith and asked him to give you our ticket number.

Cheers

Herne

HAHA Jeremy FORD! HAHAHA What an insult!

Edited by Herne, 16 September 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#58 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

Any takers on my ticket? I would rather not waste it.

Steve

#59 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:30 PM

Hi Mick.

I sent Keith a pm and I am glad I did as he is away right now working out of town and he cant read the forum.
He can't remember which ticket was Pete's but our small block of tickets starts at number 189. I hope this is of some help to you, sorry we cant be more specific.

Cheers
Alan

Herne
can you pass me the ticket number, so I can update the records..

cheers
Mick

#60 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

hi all, i have 2 spare front stage tickets up for sale for the dinner. pm me asap

cheers graham

#61 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:32 PM

Anybody want my ticket? :mellow:

Steve

#62 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

what a great night at 90 yrs old harry know his stuff and was great to listen to his life story thanks to the guys fron the hunter valley torana club for a great night.
And the blokes from the GT Club what a joke u all where

#63 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

haha yeah was a good night.
reckon harry would just keep talkin if you let him go.

gt boys were pretty rude but what do you expect from ford drivers.....

#64 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

yes the gt boys were about 2% of all the people there but everyone knew they were there. very rude people imo

#65 _The Highlander_

_The Highlander_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

what a great night at 90 yrs old harry know his stuff and was great to listen to his life story thanks to the guys fron the hunter valley torana club for a great night.
And the blokes from the GT Club what a joke u all where

Hi, Guy's

I am not replying to any one in particular,but the "JOKE" reference really needed attention :clap:

My Name is Rob Macedon and i am the president of The GT Club inc..there were 4 of us present on the night.

Firstly let me appologise to anyone who may have been offended by either our presence or anything that may have been said or done on the evening,

Our intention was th Honour Harry Firth on his birthday and catch up with our club patron Fred Gibson..the organisers of the event had done such a good job that a couple of our guys enjoyed the evening and beverages a bit too much :mellow:

As soon as i noticed i sorted the problem as there was no way i was going to allow The GT Club inc to be left in disrepute on such an important event .

Harry is KING to both ford and holden people...but i am both plus a bit of chrysler :spoton:

Besides GT's..i have owned many Holdens of substance...and only fecently decided to keep only one of each..

I currently own...

Billy Gray/Bob Tindall GMP&A Black no 29 hatch/sports sedan.

Panamar green 4door A9X

Salamanca L34 -high output

Linament LC GTR

67 Brabham special HB series 1

One ex streetmachine of the year nomanee..Full chassis torana 11.1 @121 mph just for fun..

Not ringing my own bell,but these are holdens i own,oh yes i also own .

VN Group a #23...phase 3 beater at a GT run....

My philosophy in life is show me don't tell me...

Visit our site /Forum and see that we are a metro sexual bunch and love all cars of substance.

www.thegtclubinc.freeforums.org

Please accept our friendship and look at the bigger picture honouring Harry Firth is why we were there :clap:
Regards
Rob Macedon

ps if anyone wants to see some pics of my cars,just ask :spoton:

#66 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

At any event you will always get one or two people that decide to take things too far as was seen at the AMCM a few years ago, it's not limited to any one club or make though.I didn't see it but I heard about it on Sunday though I was just told a couple of people were asked to leave becausethey decided to have too much to drink.

#67 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

I'm sure all will accept your apology Rob.

Feel free to hang around here a bit. You have some nice torana's and need to come back to the side of Right :P

If you have some pics you could link up, open a thread in the Projects forum.

Grant..

#68 _The Highlander_

_The Highlander_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Mick,as you know people who have no respect as at the AMCM and think it's all about them,leave all with a bad oppinion about the majority when the offenders are usually a minority.
One point though it was Dave our secretary who took Bob home no one asked any of our members to leave ,just Bob in his enebriated state shouted out Ford and that was as far as it went...so maybe the drink got to some more enthusiasts and they were ushered out. As i said i took care of our possible indiscresion before it became one.
As guests i would have been mortified if one of our members would have brought our club into disrepute.

On the other hand what a top night,i saw some old faces i hadn't seen for some time,

And so many i expected to see that were not there ?

i suppose Friday night is hard,but we had to be there to honour 'Harry Firth" the father of the GT falcon in this country IMO.

We are proud to have Harry Firth as member 90 of The GT Club inc,and that gift being presented by our patron was GOLD.

Grant,thanks mate and i will post some pics in the projects section,and hopefully we can all be friends and possibly do a joint run or some of your forum /clubs/members want to tag along on a run they will be more than welcome.

mick will testify that i am not controlled by the one eyed monster...

Like the Indian Chief said when they asked him what type of woman do you preffer????????

He answered....Big ,Fat ,Tall ,Small me #uck em all ...

Thank you all for your understanding and we llok forward to a long association... :spoton:

Regards
Rob Macedon B)

#69 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Faark yer, stick up some pics The Highlander.

And excellent idea about a combined run, what a sight that would be, the General's and Henry's finest in one spot ... can you do it in wetsern QLD when you do it !!

#70 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

I think the Ford/Holden thing sometimes goes too far..Like Rob I have owned both...just I prefer the GMH product...I would say, as enthusiasts of muscle cars, we need all the voices combined we can get...so therefore need to stick together...down the road...when this fuel thing gets ugly and they want to do what happens in Japan and ban cars over 5 years old...we need to be a single standing voice as a group.....So I think the invitation of a combined muscle car run is a brilliant idea...we all appreciate the power...of all m/c types...how better to show the pollies and the general Jo Bloggs public we are are a UNITED group of enthusiasts??....and dont even THINK of trying to ban them..
Just my 2cs.
R

#71 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

The Highlander

Firstly let me appologise to anyone who may have been offended by either our presence or anything that may have been said or done on the evening,

Very noble on your behalf but it is upto the person who caused the trouble to apologise, not you.

AND I don't think anyone was offended by your presence being Ford people as we were all there to celebrate Harry's life with the motoring fraternity which as all know included Ford people.

To get drunk and be a loud mouth on a night that was designed to honour the great man Harry Firth was very immature and very rude.

I was on the table next to what was happening and I was not impressed at all.

Nor was I impressed by all those that waffled on with their friends while Fred and Harry were talking as well with the auction that was being held to raise much needed money for Ronald McDonald House.

Unfortunately it only takes one or 2 peanuts to ruin it for everyone and that goes for all groups, GMH, Ford, Chrysler or even the local ladies bowls club :blink:

I enjoy all types of Muscle Cars, Chargers, Monaros, Toranas, Mini Cooper S and yes I will even admire the likes of the GTHOs'

Regards .................. Barry

#72 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

Yes, good point, it was very rude all those people who continued to chat on while the special guests tried to talk. I was initially surprised to see the Ford guys there, but they had as much right to be there as anyone as it was a celebration of Harry Firth and considering the other guests on hand as well. I enjoyed the night but I was pretty much buggered and left a little early so I missed what happened, not being much of a drinker myself it always annoys me when guys can't control themselves after a few too many. As I said though, you'll get one or 2 in every bunch.

#73 _The Highlander_

_The Highlander_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the input and once again the guys were there for the right reasons,and harry is such a character,how about the bike stories man he has done it all..

I think you are right that people who continued to speak over the guests ie Fred Gibson and Harry firth,were a bit anoying and would have made it hard to hear at the back.

That was history in the making boys,"The Master and his apprentice" i had a top night,sorry again...i have spoken to the inebriated gentleman and he is so humble usually,and is so distresed that he may have brought his club and himself into disrepute.

As i put it by my sending him to the cab early and Dave having to take them to the motel,they robbed themselves and Dave of a once in a lifetime opportunity...i stayed till the end and was able to see and talk to both Harry and Fred..

I was fortunate enough to be sitting at table 9 with Max Stahl and Bruce Mcphee,i had a long chatt with Max,he is a great guy,sadly Mr Mcphee we only exchanged smiles and a handshake,
I have great respect for him as he drove the Monaro that would ultimately beat my XT-GT 9D car at bathurst...he is a true champion..

Sorry i didn't stop and chat Mick but i was on the go for most of it,and at the end when i was a bit free ,i could not see you as you said you left a little early.

Regards
Rob Macedon

#74 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

What an amazing evening and what a great speaker Harry is. His recall of events is phenominal.
Keith mate I am soooooooooo glad you talked me into attending.
Sadly we were stuck down the back and yes one of the Ford guys was a tad loud but he wasnt the only one, others around the room ( Torana people included) insisted on chatting whilst the guest speakers were talking. To say the least that's extremely inconsiderate guys!

Highlander I am glad to took control of the situation, I appreciate that. Lets say I was starting to get a tad agitated and cast a few looks in the direction of that table. Thanks mate.

Better tickets for us next year eh guys, somewhere near the front would be great ;)

Great venue, excellent speakers and lovely food.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 23 September 2008 - 08:28 AM.

#75 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

I wouldnt stress too much both camps have their problem drinkers who get a little too loud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users