third (or more) v8 supercar manufacturer

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: do we need more makes involved in v8 supercars?? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

do we need more makes involved in v8 supercars??

1. yes (30 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. no (11 votes [22.92%])

Percentage of vote: 22.92%

3. could not care less (7 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

I like to watch when its a wet track! Nothing like cars sliding off the track! HAHA! And i love to look of the cars sliding around the corners!!! Can we just wet the track down for every race?

On the topic of Camry's racing... Has anyone EVER seen a camera do the speed limit? Normally they do about 25km/h under? Could you imagine them in Pit lane? They will be doing like 15km/h!!! HAHA

Edited by MRLXSS, 06 August 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#27 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Matty, have you ever seen a V8 Camry? I think that might fix the problem :D

Tim

#28 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

I think Matt has hit the nail on the head - the best racing is when it rains.
Driver skill counts for more and it lessens the advantage of the top teams.

So I think what we need is every 4 laps the safety car comes out, of course it will now be a safety firetruck, there will be 2 firemen on the back who will hose the track with water then its 4 more laps of racing etc etc etc

If the water doesn't make the track slippery enough, the firemen may want to add some detergent to the water......

#29 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

^^ HAHA!! ^^ And to all the hippies... YES is recycled water!!!! Sandown will use its lakey thing in the middle!!! HAHA!!

I would love to see some 300C's burning around the track though, would be kinda like old times... Holdens, Fords and Chryslers!

#30 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

^^ HAHA!! ^^ And to all the hippies... YES is recycled water!!!! Sandown will use its lakey thing in the middle!!! HAHA!!

I would love to see some 300C's burning around the track though, would be kinda like old times... Holdens, Fords and Chryslers!

imagine getting sideways in a camry and having a 300c heading for you. yikes

#31 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

torque steer in a FWD V8 camry will be a bitch! haha

#32 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Don't wet the whole track, just have jets programmed to randomly wet different sections at different times, hahahaha

Grant..

#33 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Why not fit the cars with oil dropping devices, rocket launchers, add a few jumps and play loud 70's rock music all race. :spoton:
Oh wait thats a game on the old mega drive :D

#34 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Why not fit the cars with oil dropping devices, rocket launchers, add a few jumps and play loud 70's rock music all race. :spoton:
Oh wait thats a game on the old mega drive :D

sounds like your describing the group c race cars, but you forgot the smoke machine. (l34) lol

#35 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

sounds like your describing the group c race cars, but you forgot the smoke machine. (l34) lol

Relpace rocket launcher with hand grenade and you may be right, as a large percentage of the feilds failed to finish races.

#36 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

add a mario cart style to it give them turtle shells and shit to throw at each other and item boxes on the track ahahha

Edited by staind91, 09 August 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#37 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

I say bring back Rallycross!

#38 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

Apparently spectators, tv ratings and sponsorship is very very high for v8 supercars and here we are bored with it!!!!!!! Its quite surreal the amount of females now following this sport.
Me personally id like to see a world governing body for touring car racing that treats all manufacturers fairly no matter where they come from.
that way all sorts of cars can be raced.
yes i know the Europeans have gone a completely different way but it could be turned around

They did Tah...It was called Group A and as usual the Euros cheated that much that it disintagrated in no time. Oastler suggested it a few issues ago...wont work...didnt work..will never work...too much money involved from cheating manufacturers. Look at some of the old Group A footage....on Cecottos M3 at Nurburgring you can see the carbon fibre drivers door skin flexing in and out at top speed!!! Plus the shit they got caught at was only the stuff we know about....there was HEAPS more...
R

Edited by rorym, 11 August 2008 - 12:58 PM.

#39 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

With Ford/Holden both scaling back the budgets to the V8 teams, watch the series disentegrate over the next year or 2.
This sort of "circus" can only survive with large cash injection from the manufacturers and with the Falcon /Commodore becoming less relevant in the new car market it is only a matter of time. If you ask me, the caregory needs Toyota a LOT MORE than Toyota needs the category.
BTW: next time you are in Sydney and your train is late/cancelled or the bus doesn't show up. Or perhaps you are sitting in emergency at the hospital for 8 hours waiting to be seen by exhausted doctors. Think how much you enjoyed watching the V8 SUPERCIRCUS at Homebush bay. And the real difference the $28 Million could have made to the NSW infrastructure and utilities.
Tony "Cockhead" must have really bobbed on it for Iemma.... :o

Cheers Greg..

#40 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

Cheers Greg..
[/quote]

Truer words never been spoken.
R

#41 _mikek73xu1_

_mikek73xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

Adding a 3rd manufacturer wont make any differenec as to wether the class can survive or not - it will still be the teams operating that stay Holden/Ford that would still need to find more money , they wont be helped by a Toyota or Mitsi.
From what i see the Supercar class has an outstanding folowing both here in NZ and in Aussie - and people who moan about the racing must remember its a PARITY class so by nature you wont have cars passing left right and centre.Mike.

#42 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

I bet the filthy little cocroach swallowed every last drop too.

#43 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Mike, if a third player enters the game, AVESCO won't issue any more franchises, so some of the existing Ford/Holdn teams will have to go with the new manufacturer.
My biggest grip with V8 superstars is the way they have brainwashed the general public into thinking that there is no other form of motorsport.. ONLY V8 cashcars.....
The racing is boring, the deal for the support categories is bad and the category is eating itself to pieces with funding issues....
This is NOT MOTORSPORT.. It is a "spectacle" that comes to town to entertain the average sport watching bogan. Sheesh, if the average fan new that there beloved Holden was full of Ford bits what would they think then.... :blink:
As for PARITY, yes, got lots of that, BUT so have ants... and we don't watch them, do we!

Cheers Greg..

#44 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

Series Production I say..FPV Vs HSV...Stockers I say!!...Thats the go!...Over 5 litre...up to 3 litre...No 4WDs allowed.Tyres are free...brake pads are free... Now we are talking!!!!.
R

Edited by rorym, 13 August 2008 - 08:31 PM.

#45 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

I recon your spot on Rorym id love to see Stocker HSVs Vs FPVs not the crap that is going on now

#46 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

My biggest grip with V8 superstars is the way they have brainwashed the general public into thinking that there is no other form of motorsport.. ONLY V8 cashcars.....

A perfect example of how well they have done this.....BELOW.

Series Production I say..FPV Vs HSV...Stockers I say!!...Thats the go!...Over 5 litre...up to 3 litre...No 4WDs allowed.Tyres are free...brake pads are free... Now we are talking!!!!.

AND AGAIN in the next post.

I recon your spot on Rorym id love to see Stocker HSVs Vs FPVs not the crap that is going on now

We have this NOW.... IT IS CALLED COMBINED TOURING....
See what I mean! Here is 2 guys who are car enthusiasts, suggesting a class that already exists! All this because of the "Cockring's" propaganda machine....
Thanks guys for helping me prove a point.... :clap: That's GOLD!

Cheers Greg..

#47 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

No you missed the point...I want that class to replace the V8 Supercars...so we see the current drivers in these cars...not club racers like now..now that I would pay money to see.
R

Edited by rorym, 14 August 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#48 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

We do have combined touring cars But it doesnt have the Advertising that V8 supercars has and the Drivers to go with it and they dont do a Bathurst 1000 on tv with full coverage. And i Recon the cars paint Schemes arnt that great the Donut king HSV painted pink was shocking think there was a Monaro aswell. Thing that shits me the most about V8 supercars is they dont even run the engines that are in current models also the safety car is a joke someone gets out front starts pulling away then safety car comes out and he losses his lead. I think they need a big change

#49 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

Why would Toyota want to invest in V8 supercar?. They are doing ok as a manufacture & making money.

V8 supercars are only Nascars with openig doors.

Ian

#50 _BlownOutlaw_

_BlownOutlaw_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

I say scrap the bastards and bring back group C with real cars not skins on chassis... people are sick of them because they do not portait the real cars we drive. That way we open the door for Chrysler to enter as well

I agree totally and have always felt this from the start of the change. Group A touring cars. Supercar crap only is set up for people who haven't got a clue and dont know any better and for kiddies to watch. They think because a Holden or a Ford won a race or Bathurst that the cars they sell from the dealers now are good. What a joke! All that is the same is the body! They may as well be drag cars that go around corners!
From reading a bit of what others have said here, its a sore point with a lot of people. And if you push the real enthusiasts away from the sport all your left with is trend setters and fadsters. And guess what, fads fade and trends die.
Supercars does nothing for development of road vehicles, except maybe aerodynamics.
It has to be like the old days where the dealer had to sell a certain number of vehicles for road use before they were able to be used in touring car races. And maybe they will build cars for real again, not for fakes.
This has pissed me off for years and I am glad to see a posting on it, someone send the link to the supercars people and let them read.
What a joke!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users