- - - - -

LC 2Door S Project to XU1

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#176 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

so if they are the same in the 8 to the 6 they must be a good strong box then,, well that's one good thing, I think maybe that's what he was talking about when people change the shafts,, the main shaft must have grooves in it as in a single groove or a double groove because he suspected it to be an m20 as it had a single groove and he said unless its been changed,, this is all my interpretation and no doubt it all made better sense when he said it but ill give a full interpreted report in the next day or two when i find out more, Hope your doing well limo, I will get around to comin up to see you its just been the normal kaos here, its difficult to get time out i tell ya,,

Oh yeah just on the brief look he had when I dropped it off he said it looks good, nice and clean, clean oil, fingers crossed he remains so positive, I am sure it will be all good,

Edited by squirralien, 19 May 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#177 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Well not much progress lately, I am just waiting to get my Van back and I will be clearing out a spare room in the shed and putting a lot of storage stuff in there to clear a lot of room within the shed,, then I can collect all my parts together and keep them all in one place and get busy with the body work,, that's almost like the home run compared to how the project has gone so far, very dragged out, I am hoping to change that over the next few months to get a lot of work done on the car, all the rear end and front end is done including all the brakes hooked up and just need to be bled, also the steering colomb is in position but be buggered if I can find the bolts to bolt up the steering colomb under the dash, once that's finished the motor will go in and maybe get it all running, that would be exciting,, but the main job will be to get the bodywork finished before christmas, then paint in the warmer weather and assembly, thats when the mad dash for bolts clips and bits will be very frustrating as I am sure theres so much I haven't got yet in the fiddly bits

#178 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well Its been a while but you know what life is like its great at holding you back from the things you want to do at times,,
Well on the past weekend a friend helped me get my brakes all bled and working well,
in a couple of weeks I will be putting the motor and gearbox in and tailshaft, then impatience may lead me to working on getting it started
but as you also know its the busiest end of the year so I should get the motor in but not sure about having it running
this Sunday we are off to the All Torana day so see you all there if your going.

Oh My new Sprintmaster wheels and tyres were stolen,,, and I have now found them, they appear to be on my wife's FB Holden

#179 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

Oh My new Sprintmaster wheels and tyres were stolen,,, and I have now found them, they appear to be on my wife's FB Holden

Pic please! :)

#180 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

#181 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

The FB hasn't been done up yet, that's the next job once the Torana is finished,

#182 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

I know its not Torana but here is the above FB now, now you all know why I haven't updated the Torana for a while,, well Im just keeping my wife happy, its the secret to success, anyway I might be putting the Torana motor in today with a friend if time is on my side, Ill take some pictures if we succeed,, Here is the FB now, putting the wheels on was a pain but it did inspire continuation of the project, it was just a quick job so we have something to lay with while waiting for the torana,, Wont be to long and the FB will be receiving an XU-1 style motor, so it is sort of related in a way

Posted Image

Edited by squirralien, 01 May 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#183 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Well it was a bit tight with time as I couldn't get out there till late but the motor is in the car finally,, a few adjustments to make and bots to replace with new ones like the engine mount bolts and the gearbox mount crossmember bolts but all in all its there, have to get the studs from another head and put them in so I can mount the carbies and exhaust manifold,, well you all know there's alot of work to do yet, I have to get the shed tidied up, Im going to get a mini skip in to get rid of alot of stuff to give me some room and then I will get started on the body work,, Im going to wrap the motor and brake booster and master in plastic because I don't want them full of dust,, anyway here it is sitting in the car finally.

Posted Image

#184 _lcv871_

_lcv871_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

mate the FB looks great, well done.
i bet it fells great to see the motor in the torana hey

Edited by lcv871, 03 May 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#185 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Like you wouldn't believe, pitty it doesn't look as good as it did on the stand yet because we had to take some bits off of it, but it will get there,, I have to find a good radiator now so I can get it hooked up and hear that thing run,, I just can't wait, I have had a long period of time with no real progress but its time to get back in to it when I can because I want to drive it so much, Paul a friend of mine has his on the road and he painted it the same yellow so I see previews of what I am building all the time and its inspirational and painful at the same time,, its also hard working on it and not rushing,,, taking the time to do things right, The FB is done in Yellow Dolly except I added gold pearl and gold metallic, My wife loves gold like many women do I guess so I put all the gold in to it that I could, even gold flake in to the white paint outs, the interior has gold flake in the dash and door tops, it all looks stunning, except for the original restorer lovers,,

#186 _1970lcgtr_

_1970lcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

I know its not Torana but here is the above FB now, now you all know why I haven't updated the Torana for a while,, well Im just keeping my wife happy, its the secret to success, anyway I might be putting the Torana motor in today with a friend if time is on my side, Ill take some pictures if we succeed,, Here is the FB now, putting the wheels on was a pain but it did inspire continuation of the project, it was just a quick job so we have something to lay with while waiting for the torana,, Wont be to long and the FB will be receiving an XU-1 style motor, so it is sort of related in a way

Posted Image

Looks awesome mate, the sprintmasters actually suit it really well too i reckon...

#187 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks, I really think it all suits with the colour and the wheels

Edited by squirralien, 03 May 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#188 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

The wheels and the window blackouts make it a real standout car , great job .

#189 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

UPDATE
Well I have still got the Torana and haven't given up on it but still trying to get the FB finished after having some fun in it and deciding to put a red motor in it and an Auto, also made a chassis kit for it and changing the interior, so much work and so little time but I can't wait till I have finished it and I'm back in to the Torana,,, I did put an XU-1 spec motor and XU-1 spec brakes on to the FB so its sort of part Torana in a way, Just a quick couple of pictures of the motor upgrade on the FB because I have nothing more to show on the Torana at this stage, I am sure you will appreciate the mechanicals regardless of the shell its in considering I have based it on a Torana spec car ???? maybe maybe not,,, 
anyway Ill do that soon as I want to make sure they are on photobucket first. 
I have now been busy doing an upholstery coarse at TAFE so I can do my Torana seats, thoroughly enjoying the coarse and bought an industrial machine and have set up an upholstery room in the shed ready for some action. Anyway some more photo's soon and Ill upload some photo's of the seats as I progress with them, just learning technique at this stage but won't be long and Ill start the seats from scratch with blasting and painting the frames and new high quality foam. I already have the pebble grain vinyl,,,,, 
Watch this space,, Pics soon

#190 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Very Nice squirralien,

I like the idea of a Clean Room. Dave I

#191 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is how it sits at the moment in the shed only its all wrapped in plastic and covered with blankets awaiting the body work to start which will be after the FB is back on the road,,,,

IMG_1250_zps69cd9fe7.jpg

Thank you Torypower ,, 

Very Nice squirralien,

I like the idea of a Clean Room. Dave I

#192 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Brand Spanken 

#193 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

The FB, Yellow Dolly, plus some gold pearl, gold metallic and a bit of gold metal flake in the white flash on the sides
before, 

IMG_1558_zps6e49a822.jpg

Now with the XU-1 Spec motor, recon HR front end, XU-1 Brakes, Heavy Duty recon Trimatic with stage 2 shift kit, HR diff, Skyline seats with VX Commodore electric height adjusters under both front seats.
So much more to come including seat heaters, power windows, central locking, cruise control, Air Con, Custom interior and under bonnet lighting,

IMG_1551_zps6a64acc1.jpg

Edited by squirralien, 23 June 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#194 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Torana roof,, I forgot that the roof is done and doesn't show any signs of a sunroof any more thankfully,,, what a painful job that was welding a section in to get rid of the hole in the roof, Thanks to Limo for the exact section of the roof to match the curves I was able to weld it in with minimal effort but it was still very tedious,, 

IMAG0002.jpg

#195 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ok here is another Photo I forgot I could put up here,, As I said earlier I am doing Upholstery at TAFE and this is my first seat panel fitted on the seat, its not with the pebble grain because this is only technique I am learning but I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt at an XU-1 seat,, What do you all think I am very interested to hear any feedback,,, Because I am building a clone I am going to be happy if I get it like this with the pebble grain, I have only got a friends seats to measure off of and being a first timer it wasn't a simple task but I think it worked ok,,,,,

OH its also before listing wire was installed to pull the two vertical lines back in to the seat,,,,

Img_2776_zps4bcc5887.jpg 

Edited by squirralien, 23 June 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#196 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Its been a while but we have had a few family members pass including my mum and also other health issues in the family, I think we got struck with some nasty stick or something, I try to be good by everyone honestly so I have no idea where it's all coming from,,
Anyway here are a few more pictures of the progress of the seats I am doing at Tafe for the Two Door LC,,,
Just the top part of the back seat to go now,, Hope to have that picture up in a few weeks when I get back to tafe to finish it.

11187335_10153255072686112_8296571106317

11011435_10153222282736112_1419898977884

10426284_10153365325316112_3180927657459

Edited by squirralien, 13 June 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#197 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:19 PM

Over 3 years since my last post, Well I have been doing little bits to the Torana just in the last month, I have welded up the rear parcel shelf with some pieces someone sent me from QLD, they were going in the scrap pile but trimming off the rusty bits I salvaged just the right amount of metal that I needed, the panel was cut in half which also suited me perfectly. I just happened to have some yellow aerosol paint so I gave it a couple of coats of that dust and all just to prevent rust until I get to prepare it for paint properly, I don't get long each time I work on it so it is usually a rush so the paint went on just as a temporary measure.
hopefully I can gain some momentum and get it done.

39982748_283928342200190_246513273335814

Edited by squirralien, 28 September 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#198 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

go bro go 1 more mill 

#199 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:01 PM

go bro go 1 more mill 

Not sure what you mean by the one more mill.

I am wishing I didn't put the yellow paint on but im not bothered, it isn't rusting while I am doing other things, it will all come off before I paint it properly anyway. 
Ill probably weld up all the holes that don't belong as well, but the speaker holes that were there are absolute sacrilege. 

#200 _squirralien_

_squirralien_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

You can just see what they were like in this picture, I haven't got a better one, 

Attached File  speaker holes.jpg   83.74K   3 downloads

Edited by squirralien, 28 September 2018 - 11:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users