* * * * * 1 votes

EFI 304 LC 4 DOOR

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#226 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

Been getting some work done, reconditioned HQ radiator and twin VL thermo fans, fits great! Had to make a few brackets, then usher plenty of rubber bushes to ensure nothing breaks. Also working on the trans cooler :) a few pics;
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#227 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Good stuff mate. I'm waiting for my chassis kit to get here at the moment, should have it this week.

My computer has died at home, can only get on here at work, but I'll have more questions for you no doubt.

Cheers.

#228 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hey mate, did you have to change your brake lines where they come out of the master cylinder? Mine look like they come out to far.

#229 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:35 PM

I didn't have to but you may have To bend them a little to get around whatever's there, not a huge issue. Just be gentle when you do it.

#230 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

Cheers mate. Guess I'll find out when it goes in, I'll be dropping the body over the front-end/engine so that might help.

#231 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

So things have really progressed, it's a running driving car now. The engineer came over today and gave it the once over, he loves it and is writing his report. About $1000 for the the main report then another k for the testing and final report then over to rta. You can see how it's tempting to just rego it as a 6 but I like doing things properly. Have to hire an airstrip for the testing, hope they let me have a go :D. His only issues were the fact that the fuel pump setup is not sealed from the cabin so dad and I are going to have to make up an aluminum box to hold it all. Also the exhaust flange sits just less than 100mm from the ground but apparently this is a non issue as it sits close to the wheels so speedbumb clearance is still ensured. After all this time it is coming so close which is a great feeling. I'll keep you updated with new pics etc, Paul... Watch this space, I just know you'll be super jealous of my wheels.

#232 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

So things have really progressed, it's a running driving car now. The engineer came over today and gave it the once over, he loves it and is writing his report. About $1000 for the the main report then another k for the testing and final report then over to rta. You can see how it's tempting to just rego it as a 6 but I like doing things properly. Have to hire an airstrip for the testing, hope they let me have a go :D. His only issues were the fact that the fuel pump setup is not sealed from the cabin so dad and I are going to have to make up an aluminum box to hold it all. Also the exhaust flange sits just less than 100mm from the ground but apparently this is a non issue as it sits close to the wheels so speedbumb clearance is still ensured. After all this time it is coming so close which is a great feeling. I'll keep you updated with new pics etc, Paul... Watch this space, I just know you'll be super jealous of my wheels.

good to hear. i havent done anything yet, being a broke student again sucks.
you better not copy my ideas for wheels before i get a chance to do it! still cant find 16" steelies!!!!

#233 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

hehe, Sorry Paul, little teaser.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
the wheels are yet to be finished, but they will be soon enough.

#234 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Looking gooooood, man. Can't wait to see it on the road :spoton:

Tim

#235 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

So basically th car is finished.
A few things here and there have been cleaned up. Braking test passed with flying colours same with the lane change test.
The motor had the 'blue' injectors and was running terribly (smokey exhaust, high idle speed, rough idle).
I changed back to the originals and now the car feels brand new. The engineer wanted the fuel pumps to be contained in a sealed box with an external drain, keeping with the 'sleeper' look we decided it'd be easier and more practical to put it all in a toolbox, worked quite effectively I think.
Posted Image

Finally got around to putting the trims and venetian on, improved the cars look tenfold I think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now we're just waiting for that magic letter from regency to go in and have a roadworthy done. then it's all mine to drive!

#236 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

That's frOckin sweet mate. Well done :spoton:

#237 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nice job mate looks very sleeperish :buttrock:

#238 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:48 AM

Needs to be lower!

Need some proper photos too!

#239 _sshatch355_

_sshatch355_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

love the stock look,looks killer :3gears:

#240 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Needs to be lower!

Need some proper photos too!

Funny you should say that, both are my exact thoughts. and both will be done after roadworthy (the rears havee a too high profile to put the xu1 springs in). And my mate who's a professional photographer is going overseas tomorrow, but he's lending his lenses etc.to another guy whos keen to give it a go. Might make him read the car photography thread first.

#241 _ls1lj_

_ls1lj_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Nice sleeper look

#242 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

Okay so after a LOT of money handed over to the engineer, countless phonecalls and corrections I have had the engineer's report submitted and have an appointment for a roadworthy inspection tomorrow. If it is passed (and I get out on time) it will be registered and drivable tomorrow afternoon.
So tonight was a last minute dash to ensure everything was to standard, apparently my 'eyebrow heights' (centre of wheel to lip of mudgaurd) were too low at 275mm, the minimum being 280. So had to change the front springs (lucky I had a spare set of standards!!)
Everyone wish me luck for tomorrow!

#243 _sshatch355_

_sshatch355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

good luck with it!

#244 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

Good luck mate! Cant wait for low+piccies!

#245 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Well after multiple appointments and a lot of waiting. The LC is officially engineered approved and registered. expect not to hear from me for a few days.
then plans are;
-semi slicks for the rear
-dropped all around
-new intake manifold/throttlebody
-dyno tune

#246 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Awesome stuff mate, I really like this car. :spoton:

#247 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

good stuff get out and drive it :3gears:

#248 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Looks great mate. Where'd you track down those wheel trims for the chasers?

#249 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Chris, sadly I can't actually get it out the shed without severe scraping (exhaust guy made the setup all a bit too low) so it won't be lowered any time before we go get that recitified. and I fear, although the new rears are a 45 profile, it might still scrape.
Broads, I just ordered them off eBay, there's two lots of people selling 16" trims now;

http://www.ebay.com....=item2a133bb656 These are the ones I bought

http://www.ebay.com....=item1c1c5289eb But these seem be cheaper (but I can't vouch for these, the set I got are excellent)

I attended an 1/8th mile drag meet yesterday (yes, and that was actually pretty good for SA) first time at the drags and I had an absolute blast, I came up against some weapons but I was more concentrated on beating my own times.
I made a best time of 9.512 and highest trap speed 77MPH my best reaction time being 0.238s (My first was 1.117s). My 60ft times were 2.5-2.9s which let me down a bit (but I also had wheelspin all through first and into 2nd gear and never got into 3rd before the end of the 1/8th) but I think it would definitely drop dramatically with a set of slicks and some 3.89s (I'm currently running 3.08). The track was being used for the first time in years and not prepped (just straight gravelly bitumen) so that dropped everybodys times a bit. My happiest bit was beating a VE SS with a ls3 conversion pushing out 320rwkw (even if it was by 0.3s)

So my goal now is to start dropping times and working on making the car crisp but still fun to drive, in this view my plans are now;
-handmade extractors (this was pushed up the list due to bending the exhaust on the driveway)
-3.89 gears
-2800ish hi-stall
-dyno tune

I'm thinking these little things will make a big difference down the strip, then from there I have been inspired for big plans after a day at the track (looking at either 383 roller cammed stroker, or stock supercharged or turboed. All about equal cash for equal power but with different characterstics. My budget is holding me off this for a bit anyway so I have plenty of time to research and conteplate the best idea).

#250 fenz

fenz

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Name:Aaron
  • Car:LJ 2 door and UC V8 4door

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Where were the drags held???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users