The SLR 6000 Project

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#76 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

The rotissery is Gold

:spoton: Have to show that comment to the rest of the design and manufacture team :tease: Yours was made second yet has done more work than ours so far :cry:

#77 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

No worries Kel, We owe ya's a few drinks I think, lol. Once you guys get that shed up you'll be right, the hatch will be done in no time just like mine, 12 months and still no paint.

#78 _torana_49_

_torana_49_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

12months? lol ive had mine for nearly 3 years, and im still doing rust repairs haha,

nice project btw, should turn out shweeeeeeeeeeeet

#79 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you very much, Tracie's has rusted there (not as bad as yours) and i was going to get the panel beater to fix it (not knowing where to start first myself) and now here it is for all to see, my confidence is growing to get it started all i need now is a gas mig (I got a gasless mig).

Mort

#80 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

No worrie Mort, have a go at it mate, it ended up being an easier job than I thought. I just used paper to make a template and then cut out a piece of metal the same and massaged it into the right shape, the hardest part is cutting out the old piece, there is heaps of room under there to throw a mig gun around.

#81 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hi mate looking good cant wait to see how the paint comes up should look grate but lets face it great minds think alike :spoton:

#82 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Certainly do Jeremy, can't wait to see some paint on it myself. Looking forward to seeing yours come together though, there may be a trip up your way on the cards for a photoshoot when they're both finished ;)

#83 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

Quick update, We have the clutch and flyheel which is a stage 3+ from CAPA 450rwkw rating, still using the sprung center to keep the driveablity (So the other half can drive it too)
Wiring harness, computer, fbw pedal and sensor ect, have all turned up and ready to go.
Currently have brown davis building a droptank to suit, going to run an in-tank lift pump, then the swirlpot and high pressure pump in the boot. Shouldn't be too far away from being complete.
Have a heap of new brake line so hopefully be able to get brake line run shortly, and then run the new fuel lines once the tank turns up.
Hope to have the new front radiator support welded on shortly and engine bay finished, so shouldn't be too far away from seeing the motor sitting in the car.... About time!!!

#84 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

Can't wait to see the gear from the latest update put in mate! Will look great to see a 6L sitting in there!

#85 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

Quick update, We have the clutch and flyheel which is a stage 3+ from CAPA 450rwkw rating, still using the sprung center to keep the driveablity (So the other half can drive it too)
Wiring harness, computer, fbw pedal and sensor ect, have all turned up and ready to go.
Currently have brown davis building a droptank to suit, going to run an in-tank lift pump, then the swirlpot and high pressure pump in the boot. Shouldn't be too far away from being complete.
Have a heap of new brake line so hopefully be able to get brake line run shortly, and then run the new fuel lines once the tank turns up.
Hope to have the new front radiator support welded on shortly and engine bay finished, so shouldn't be too far away from seeing the motor sitting in the car.... About time!!!

Hi mate, will you have this car up and running by the time we get to Tassie later this year?

:) Herne

#86 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

Haha you and me both matt,

Yeah thats the plan herne, I've been going flat out on it and only just starting to seem like im getting somewhere. But all going to plan I'll be cruising around symmons next the tangerine dream. Job security is a bit of an issue as everything in the mining game is a bit unsteady at the moment so being a bit careful, although not much more to spend to hear it running.

#87 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Haha you and me both matt,

Yeah thats the plan herne, I've been going flat out on it and only just starting to seem like im getting somewhere. But all going to plan I'll be cruising around symmons next the tangerine dream. Job security is a bit of an issue as everything in the mining game is a bit unsteady at the moment so being a bit careful, although not much more to spend to hear it running.

:spoton: Time is on your side, am looking forward to the trip :)

Herne

#88 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Yeh i bet you are Herne, I can't wait, but am really hoping to have the car on the road otherwise i'll be tagging along in the Commonwhore.

#89 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

hay mate leave the commonwhore at home and jump in with herne wish I could come down but photo's together a must cant wait to meet up one day
Drinks on me

#90 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

Not a problem mate, sounds like a plan, will definately be keen for a beer once shes all done. Thats if you can prize me out of the drivers seat, lol.

Called Browndavis today and droptank is complete and ready to be sent, so should see it early next week, whoohoo....

#91 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:24 AM

Drinks on me

Geeze that was a big offer! Do you know how much he can drink :tease:

Thats if you can prize me out of the drivers seat, lol.

:<_<: Hmmmm are you forgetting this one is your better half's car????!!!! :fool: :P

So your coming down again now Herne?

#92 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

[quote name='Rana Girl' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:24 AM' post='384411'

So your coming down again now Herne?
[/quote]

Well there was a time when I was tossing up about making the trip or not but I bit the bullet, partly due to friends here online.

Yep I sure am Rana Girl, my travel and accommodation is already booked with Potter Travel and in due time Gary (tour organiser) will have a full itinerary sorted out, I have seen his draft notes thus far and it all looks good.
I am hoping that petrol stays at the moderate level its at today of gets cheaper lol Would hate to see it rise again though.

It's been a good number of years since I was last in Tassie but found the place and people to be very friendly and welcoming.

Cheers
Herne

#93 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

Well there was a time when I was tossing up about making the trip or not but I bit the bullet, partly due to friends here online.

Yeah last I'd seen it didn't look like you were going to get here. That's great that you've had your mind changed. :spoton:

#94 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah last I'd seen it didn't look like you were going to get here. That's great that you've had your mind changed. :spoton:

Truth is I always wanted to be a part of this trip, my finances are never the best on a good day lol.
So glad I am able to do it now :) Looking forward to a great time and even a BBQ and a beer or two put on by you guys ;)
Hahaha.

Herne

#95 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

Yeah mate, BBQ and beer not a problem at all, I told you I'd shout a few if you come over, lol. Will be worth the trip herne, glad your coming.

Heres a couple of pics, Primer squirted on a few pieces which have been repaired or modified. I finally have the radiator support panel welded on, not such a bad job after all, also removed the seam running along the top of the firewall above the heater box section as it was pretty bad with rust in some spot and easier to remove than repair. Might look OK, engine bay is going to be fairly different from most anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

That rear guard is bloody neat work from the looks, never seen one that tidy!

#97 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

Very nice! I hope when its done, you bring it across Bass strait to show it off!!!!

#98 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Certaintly will matty, need to put a few faces to the names. First stop over the water will be GM-Motorsport for the cam and tune, then we'd be keen to catchup for a cruise with a few of you guys.

#99 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

That rear guard is bloody neat work from the looks, never seen one that tidy!

76lxhatch - There was a lot of work put into them guards and neatness was what we were aiming for, thanks for the comment.

#100 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Well it's been a long time between updates, Have been pretty busy between work and work around the yard before it starts getting to wet again, lol, Cemented a new ramp into the shed aswell which makes life a lot easier. So not a lot of time been spent on the car lately which is frustrating as I want it going NOW :cry:

Our new browndavis droptank has finally turned up :clap: along with the rest of the fuel setup, I got the tank all lined up and bolted down, making sure I've got heaps of room to mount the panhard rod on the back of the diff housing. Will be able to start mounting the surge tank and main pump ect, next days off and hopefully start running the fuel and brake lines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users