warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

Where does the vac pump connect to the motor? Maybe you need to baffle or use some sort of filter media to help remove the oil at the connection point.I still use a pcv set up & have a small box on the rocker cover that is packed with brass gauze to help remove oil,it appears to work ok.
Warren

#102 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Michael, have you seen the lc before?

Warrenm,
here is a pic of where im pulling vac from my thoughts behind putting it there was it might help pull the oil down from rocker cover we dont have that problem but just what i saw after checking a few v8's with them on that was what they were also trying to do. yeah i did put a baffle over the inside of the plate as it is above the crank scraper (i made a long one with cutouts for rod bolts) and is also above girdle but with the large clearances on bottom end i guess there is a large amount of oil splashing around.

Cheers Hayden

Posted Image

#103 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

wats the advantage of filling it with grout

My experience tells me the motor runs smoother and cooler ,less harmonics and no bore shift,have been told of a back to back test and no comparison[308]

#104 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

hayden whats that in the top of the side plates?, So your pullin vac from the fuel pump plate and the rocker cover? do u run any extra drains anywhere? ie rocker cover back to sump?

#105 greens nice

greens nice

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:EH Holden

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

hi hayden,
are you using the standard oil pump cover or have u machined up a thicker piece for the external pickup

cheers kevin

#106 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

Ed, no just pulling from the fuel pump hole the regulator is on rocker cover.no extra oil drains.

Kevin,
yes just a std one but had it refaced after i made it.

Cheers Hayden

#107 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hayden... loking good there mate.
Is your rear seal neo or rope?
If it was me, I'd pull vacuum from the side plates to an efficient oil seperator and plumb the return from the seperator back to the fuel pump block off plate. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Cheers Greg..

#108 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Arh Thanks Greg,
yeah rope,

Thanks Hayden

#109 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi Hayden your brother pointed me too the you tube video of it racing and exploding but havnt seen it in the flesh

cruiza

#110 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

arh ok then.

Cheers Hayden

#111 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Arh Thanks Greg

arh ok then

Ohoy thar, i think there be pirates in Gladstone!!!

#112 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

yep ur right wana walk the plank .... Greg. :spoton: :tease: haha

cheers hayden

#113 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Oh im gonna get some miles out of that one.

Cheers Greg.

#114 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

hayden wats in those side plates if u dont mind me asking?

#115 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Ed,
they are the old breather hoses but i left the front one on as i use that to fill the engine with oil through a drum pump.

Cheers Hayden

#116 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

ok i am now pulling vac from front side plate and now it is pulling alot less oil from engine. i have now refitted old faithfull chev mech fuel pump and removed the electric pump as it was not needed anymore and i think it was to blame for the high speed lean out i found yesterday. that is another story. but i think i may need to get some diffrent aux venturis for it to slow the onset of the main circuit with the 38mm chokes. but seems pretty good atm but will look into getting some.

Cheers Hayden

#117 greens nice

greens nice

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

man this thread should be put into the members projects section lol Posted Image
What electric pump were u using?

cheers

Edited by greens nice, 06 September 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#118 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

we were using a new magna fuel 275gph one .

Cheers hayden

#119 greens nice

greens nice

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

hi hayden,

is this you at the Benaraby Nostalgia drags? if so howd ya go

cheers kevin

Attached Files

#120 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

Yeah mate we did in petes (runna202) words quoted from the track "this thing is being a c^*k " um what happened well every pass we made except one it would not rev over 6,300 we tried everything we could think off as it was fine before we got it strip ready. we could only manage a 13.1 @103mph with it really fat (Mid 11's) as that was the only way we could make it better.

but i have since found the problem i think yesterday i fitted a fuel pressure gauge was reading fine about 2.5psi while idling but as i drove off down road the fuel pressure gradully went away so i hit it down test track and to my amasement there was no fuel pressure and sure enough would not rev much over 6,000 so back in shed fuel pump off couldnt see much wrong in there put back on then started up again and bumped pressure up to 3psi and tested well bugger me reves out to limiter now.
looks like dads taking the fed down i think next weekend for the helpers to have a drive of it i will prolly take the lc aswell to test it .

oh yeah at least the lc is still going and we did the best 60ft we have everdone in it 1.6 .

Cheers Hayden

http://unclerustysph...enres=1280-1024

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users