_jake_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

http://www.news.com....5016681,00.html

#52 _nno308_

_nno308_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

I thought that the second episode last night was much better, except for the " Smart Hearse".

There may be hope yet.

#53 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

Last nights was marginally better at best.

Still couldnt hold my attention!

The holden vs ford thing didnt even play out, it was like they were too scared to make a decision. They didnt even get the stig to test them...

And just to add another gripe, what was with the "artistic" shots for the whole of the holden V ford scenes, all blurred around the outside, with not one real clear shot of everything going on.

Disappointed again.

#54 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

damn forgot to watch it.

Herne

#55 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

didnt miss much,

this is where we need a "yawn" emoticon.

#56 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Last nights was marginally better at best.

Still couldnt hold my attention!

The holden vs ford thing didnt even play out, it was like they were too scared to make a decision. They didnt even get the stig to test them...

And just to add another gripe, what was with the "artistic" shots for the whole of the holden V ford scenes, all blurred around the outside, with not one real clear shot of everything going on.

Disappointed again.

Jeez, bit harsh mate. I only saw about 10 min of it (its recorded though) And I thought it looked great! At the end of the day. Its a show to entertain the masses. Not be an indepth analysis of the cars. It is targeted at Jo Public, who likes cars but might not know how they actually work.

The bit i saw was definitely better than last weeks! Give them a few more weeks and they will be doing great! Remember that all these episodes were recorded before the 1st one went to air (im guessing) So feedback wont be seen for another few weeks.

I will no doubt watch the show each week, because its a better thing to watch than 95% of junk of TV at the moment.

#57 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

come on, it wasnt that bad.... if you dont like it, change channels !! I do agree the stig should have had a go in both... but why compare a V8 and turbo 6 to start with? should have used the GT instead.... Also with the drag race they had... surely the Ford should have beat the V8 off the line if he had bothered launching it... must have been an auto without launch control... shitbox !

#58 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

Im not asking for them to in depth every car they have on, but I dont think this will appeal to jo-public, thats the problem.

Top gear UK is the number one light entertainment show in the UK.

Its not just watched by car enthusiasts, but by the general public as they have a certain comedic and entertainment value.

I struggle to comprehend how they think they can hold an audience when they are not really going in depth car wise (which would suit the motoring community) but arent really doing too much in the way of "entertainment" value (ie challenges etc)

#59 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

It is going to struggle to rate highly being on SBS... How many people just plain forget that SBS even exists when they do channel flicking?

10, 7, 9 nothing on... flick the TV off and come on here.

Give it time, and it will grow... The guys will be able to get away with more, and hopefully the budget will grow (Tipping each ep. of UK TG costs more than 200-300k)

#60 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

When top gear first came on the first five shows were boring,boring,and then better ,better and much better,give the australian guys a go,and see how they will go,cheers.

#61 _jake_

_jake_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

holden v ford was a fizzer. They just drove around the track like idiots and then said they are both good. Doing a this VS that i would like them to be like UK top gear and do challenges, and actually take note of who won the drag race and tell us, instead of 'gee who won that?' 'dunno your bonnet might have been infront'.

I was also expecting them to time each other around the track, classic top gear style, and then be like haha mine is faster than yours.

Plus Holden V Ford is kinda a big thing, not a 5 minute segment of boringness to conclude on nothingness.

Yet i will still watch it next week, only because the preview looked mad how they got to buy wrecks and do em up.

Anybody know when they are going to show us the track layout? ie. birds eye view map of it. Its just boring not knowing how the track goes, especially since they dont use camera shots from up high. Someone buy them a ladder.

peace

#62 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

but why compare a V8 and turbo 6 to start with? should have used the GT instead

Its the fastest thing Fords got. V8 v V8 would've made sense, but the turbo 6 flogs the GT.

#63 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hi
I like top gear euro and think its great but i also like to see a underdog get up after being bagged out and right now top gear australia is being bagged out because its a rip of top gear euro which is a top show.
I think it great to see an aussies have a go at top gear and yes i wont stop watcing the euro one but i also like non pommy accents and watching aussies guest drivers on the show and having an aussie look at the way we are.
I would like to see more shows and i bet SBS gets best raitings on a monday night (only time i watch)
Good luck to Aussie top gear and keep it up and im looking foward to next week.
Chears Neil

#64 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

G'day All

As said before, I think they were trying toooooo hard the first episode but last night it seemed to flow a bit better although the HOLDEN Vs Fffffford thing was a bit of a non event.

Maybe they should have a bit of "old" muscle on to compare with the latest high tech machinery.

Time will tell

Regards .............. Barry

#65 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

I think if we just let go of our preconceptions it might be better for us....its funny I looked in on another forum..and they are watching the same show but they reckon its alright.

We cant have the old one back so i think we should just enjoy what we have :)

I thought the hearse was funny...and i do think the second show was funnier...am looking forward to finding out where this wrecking yard is that still seems to have HK-T-G parts in it????

#66 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Even tho I havent watched the second show - what he said above !!

Just hope the rest of you guys enjoy watching whatever else your going to watch on the other channels available ...

#67 _ljbob_

_ljbob_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

Didn't see the first one.
Watched last night.
Will be watching next week.
I enjoyed most of it.
Good to see them having a go.
BoB

#68 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

i think last nights episode was an improvement and once they have a few more episodes under their belt and have had time to respond to the feedback their getting im sure the show will continue to improve

looking forward to the junkyard hk next week hopefully it flogs the camry and the falcon!

#69 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Concensus seems to be that it's improving - hopefully that improvement will continue. I hope the Aus version shows while the UK version is off air - and vice versa - double top gear can't be too bad :<_<:

#70 _wraith75_

_wraith75_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Nock Nock that's all ause blokes do in 2 months it will be the best show on tv mark my words .

It is a bit slow the writers have to find there grove and the fellers need to work each other out there still a little shy like any 1 when they start a new job .

Me if it makes me laugh and there are cars ill watch .

#71 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

The offer for the Gillies range is still out there Mr Top gear Oz!

#72 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:07 AM

I thought the challenge was a great one. Bit of a unique concept and it was a good oppurtunity for some entertaining drama to occur.

They were a bit more comfortable up there but they still have a lot of improvement to happen. As long as I can tell they are genuinely having fun doing the show, then it makes me enjoy the show a lot.

I didn't mind the Hearse thing, it was a bit of a laugh and I didn't expect it. I liked the Stig scene after they buried the casket but little details made it how it shouldn't be. They shouldn't have stood with him, and he shouldn't have held the flowers. In Stig fasion, he should have walked up there, stood there for a few minutes without moving, and walked away. lol

Ahh well, eagerly watching next week for the junkyard special

#73 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

i thought the herse was hillarious but i think its due to always telling my husband im to go in the back of the hatch... bungee straps if need be.
good to see that mo is gettin a bit more thicker!
holden Vs. ford was predictable i knew they wouldnt say which one they personally thought was better.

#74 _salamanca LJ_

_salamanca LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

4 to go.

#75 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

A much better effort than the first show.
I guys seemed more relaxed and didn't come across as trying too hard.
The whole red v blue thing was a huge let down thou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users