lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

i wonder if the CFA are having trouble getting through the bush? The DSE have been closing and ripping up tracks and roads through the bush, so no one can use them.

#27 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I know of plenty of CFA guys that wont touch any fires in the barmah forest due to what the government/dse are doing there

#28 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

They saying on the news 14 dead and 100 homes lost not good

#29 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

Apparently they lost a heap in Bendigo and quite a few around Kilmore and Wandong.........

#30 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

I hope you victorian members are ok down there,we are thinking of you from n.s.w,cheers

#31 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

25 lost. Heartbreaking.

#32 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

Apparently they lost a heap in Bendigo and quite a few around Kilmore and Wandong.........

around 50 houses in Bendigo from what my parents are saying, no fatalities there though from what I heard

#33 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

prayers out for those in the fires and the firies out fighting.

#34 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

Just seen the news over here -- thoughts are with those in Vic at the moment
Looks like there are a couple of people that need to be strung up by their nuts.
D

#35 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

around 50 houses in Bendigo from what my parents are saying, no fatalities there though from what I heard

1 in Bendigo
http://maps.live.com...&...-us&style=h

#36 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Our thoughts and well wishes go out to all those in Victoria in and threatened by these horrendous fires.

Please do the best you can to listen to the authorities and make sure you are safe.

Tiny.

#37 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

Late last year Chopper had to move house in a bit of a hurry, I was able to find him some storage for his 2 projects, the WB Tow Van and the UC Torana.
Chop has now settled into a house at Yarra Glen, last sunday he came and picked up his UC and we got the van out ready to go as well but he didn't have time to come back for the van so its still at my mates place. I got an sms from Chop yesterday saying the flames were 100 metres from his house, they didn't quite get that close to the WB, but it was close. This photo is from late yesterday after the wind changed and blew smoke and crap towards it...

Posted Image

#38 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

Dunno what to say but gotta be the worst fires ive ever seen and the Death Toll is now 35 i hope the weather changes for the better and they can try get it contained

#39 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

90% chance my uncle has lost his house in kinglake, i just spoke to him and the fire was only 300 meters from his street and all surrounding houses are all destroyed and that was last night. His ute with all his tools (his a fencer) are all at the house and thats what pays the bills, they only got the close they are wearing. Sadest thing is he has 5 ponys on the propperty. This will ruin him.

John

#40 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

Not much fun.
Spent 23 years chasing these things around NSW during summer.
If you think it looks bad on TV thats nothing compared to being there.
Hope no one else loses their life.

#41 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Although im living in QLD now both the missus & i grew up in victoria around the area's close to the fires in Kinglake & ive got family & friends in that area also a brother in whittlesea, having trouble getting in touch with them,hoping there all OK..

#42 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Not good at all. The fact that people light these things is Disgusting and smokers STILL throw there butts out the window. I remember afew years ago i had to help my Aunty get her kids off her property when a large fire came through in Kenthurst it was a scary thing at the time. We made it through the smoke and stuff to there property and you could literally see the flames across the road coming up the gully and all the spot fires starting the feeling that comes over you is pure adrenaline!! However i still want to live in a Rural area. I see all these houses on TV with trees and bushes surrounding the house some coming right up to the front door. If only the people took the precautions there house could of been saved. But i think alot of people think that "we'll be right, it won't happen to us". The last BIG fire that hit NSW was only 2 or 3 years ago up here on the Central Coast, I was living at Point clare at that stage and the house backed onto a National park, we had the call come through that we should be prepared to evacuate immediately so we loaded the car with things that we could not replace and we were ready to go but suddenly the fire changed direction and we were allowed to stay.

It really is a terrible thing to have happen and to have lost so many lives already is heart breaking. I just hope everyone on here and your friends and family are safe not to mention everyone else. Sorry to ramble on abit.. but these pricks that light these fires deserve to rot in hell.

Josh

#43 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Well its time for Rudd to step up and give the handouts to those who need it... for me personally the $900 or whatever the handout is, is not going to make a big difference, but to the people who have lost homes / family / pets / belongings etc. it will be invaluable. hopefully everyone was insured, but some things just cant be replaced.

My thoughts are with anyone struck by this tragedy...

#44 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

i live in perth right it's sad to hear that this keeps happeeing in melbourne is this more worse then the canberra fires i remember when i was 11 we had a small national park next to us and that went up and we nearly lost our house

it's scary stuff... i'm living out in the bush and watching the headlines on sky news has made me think my parents and i should get an evacuation procedure organised just in case this type of thing happens here as we are surrounded by lots of bush

cheers josh p.s. my prayers be with you

#45 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

any news from makka or anybody in that area around the fires or the kingslake area?

#46 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

kinglake is in trouble again another fire at toolangi has headed towards kinglake bothe fires joined up
6 casualtys in kinglake another 6 in kinglake west think the dragway factory at pheasant creek is gone

also just heard planning to evacuate yarraglen and the glenburn pub is on fire cant confirm it my mate live just the other side of the big united fuel servo at glen burn

#47 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Just seen the news over here -- thoughts are with those in Vic at the moment
Looks like there are a couple of people that need to be strung up by their nuts.
D

+1.

Just saw the news here.
Take care guys, our thoughts go out to you.

#48 _2DR_

_2DR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

i feel for you guys hope everyone stays safe .

#49 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

50 plus. Not good.

#50 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

John,
let your uncle know we're all feeling for him and everyone else.
Looks like Kinglake no longer exists........

If any members are going to need anywhere to go, make sure you post a
contact so the other members can help you out.

Grant..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users