8/72 LJ BATHURST XU-1

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#51 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Lol...Zook...you crack me up...give yourself a pat on the head..you have done your good deed for the day...now use your left hand.
R

#52 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

LOL Rory, thought you said it was only the little Torana owners that started the shit fights...? Seems the Bigger brother Replica owners dont mind stirring the pot. Ive said it before, you bash the shit out of each and every LC/LJ related price check etc.... and as I have also said before,having massive post counts does not add to anyone on this forum's credability... if anything, they should know better, as I have learnt. !!! Go back to your rocking chair and dream!

#53 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

Oh well if nothing else, at least their leaving REDA9X alone hey Rory !!

Anyone wanna glass of red ?

#54 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

bet ya rory's been shooting some PM's off to RED and the Admin team..!

#55 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Lol...Zook...you crack me up...give yourself a pat on the head..you have done your good deed for the day

:spit: I know!!! I crack myself up too!!

...now use your left hand

He he, just like shooting fish in a barrel, it's all too easy.

bet ya rory's been shooting some PM's off to RED and the Admin team

You got that right.

#56 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi Adam,

In the previous 17 tears the car hasn't been touched at all.My original owner said it was like that when he purchased new.He had the his local holden dealer fit the am radio,and i still have the blank off plate,that he gave to me last year at a car show in the southern highlands at bowral.He told me when he bought it new,he pulled out the seats and carpet and painted the floors with fish oil,he said to, it never had under felt fitted.and also no boot mat of tank cover,the tank he said was always painted black.And over years that have owned it a have left it alone,as it came out of the factory in september 1972.Iv'e only changed the head lights thats all.and put the original ones away.The block was changed when he owned the car,as it was a recall,with conrod problems in those days,so the rest is original and untouched.Just put your hands inside of your quater panels and feel near wheel arches,and put your hands in the front guards,remove your metal cover plate and feel at the top of the guard.Mylj gtr when i had it,the corking compound was straight out of the gun,it was thick in all of those places,and certinaly not done by hand.Adam get a nail and put on the sides where the guards are rolled.

John.

#57 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

hi frash
ill check it out tomorrow and compare yours with mine

#58 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yeah check it out grant,feel inside above the rear wheel arches,you will feel the finger marks,

John.

#59 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

im sure we have had a problem with this disabilty slang before, havent we replica-rory ??? nice little cheap shot [D-O-G]
u just got yourself a spot in the arm,,, your front line OLDMAN......C U LATER.

#60 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Has anybody thought to check the cast date of this block to see if they can rule the restamp out ?

Just a thought seen that this is what the tread is about

#61 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

sorry, thrush da bucket, i had missed your post, mate my question was not about how you tell a 72 bathurst car, it was about the lining of the engine number in a car i was looking at, thanks for your in-put. just a quick question about the 72 bathurst cars, was thay all built in adelaide.

cheers john

#62 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hi John,

No,they were bulit in brisbane and Adelaide,

John.

#63 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Has anybody thought to check the cast date of this block to see if they can rule the restamp out ?

Just a thought seen that this is what the tread is about

3rd post...but I guess noone has asked..

#64 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

here is one for the old replica man,,,
http://www.gmh-toran.......c=32249&hl=

makes you look like a bit of a hipacrit

#65 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

bet ya rory's been shooting some PM's off to RED and the Admin team..!

Nah...Adam I can get through without help....unlike some others.
R

#66 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

we will c ^^^

#67 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

im sure we have had a problem with this disabilty slang before, havent we replica-rory ??? nice little cheap shot [D-O-G]
u just got yourself a spot in the arm,,, your front line OLDMAN......C U LATER.

Get a life John will you..I was telling Zook to pull his dick with his left hand...for christ sake..everything isn't about you..beleive it or not.
R

#68 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Edited by Skapinad, 03 April 2009 - 08:50 PM.

#69 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

LOL Rory, thought you said it was only the little Torana owners that started the shit fights...? Seems the Bigger brother Replica owners dont mind stirring the pot. Ive said it before, you bash the shit out of each and every LC/LJ related price check etc.... and as I have also said before,having massive post counts does not add to anyone on this forum's credability... if anything, they should know better, as I have learnt. !!! Go back to your rocking chair and dream!

Haha..Adam...the day I get to be a bigger stirrer than you I will quit! Lol!
R

#70 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

LOL,you know what Rory, you are probably right !! your hard to get a rise out of ! sometimes I think your alright...other times well you know !

And John, In all honesty, pull ya head in mate, you have physically threatened me in the past, if words on a screen bother you that much you need some help man !

#71 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Ahhh, feeling the love again :clap: .

#72 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

LOL,you know what Rory, you are probably right !! your hard to get a rise out of ! sometimes I think your alright...other times well you know !

And John, In all honesty, pull ya head in mate, you have physically threatened me in the past, if words on a screen bother you that much you need some help man !

Zook and Skap...you crack me up...and I am serious...Adam...you must be the BEST stirrer I have yet to meet..Zook..Luv Ya!...
Look..if we didnt have different opinions and interests...how farken boring would that be?
Do I miss an XU1?..Well to be honest..sometimes...but then again...I don't miss the .."having to watch it"...everytime I take it out for a drive...basically why I sold the Harleys...it got all too bloody hard....someone with guns wants them more than me...see ya at Mt Cootha..Adam..this time..we will meet ...not passing each other between Maryborough and Gympie..and the piss is on me.
R

#73 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

well rory, it looks like you have just found catwoman,,,,skapinad,

gong

#74 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

Give it a rest John.