Any other UC owners feeling left out?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#26 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

i never recognise uc's like other torrys they sneak up. and they look like sunbirds which are not toranas at all :P

They made LX sunbirds aswell........

#27 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I almost bought a UC instead of my LH.
Now that I have an LH, I'm putting lots of UC parts into it anyway. I've done the indicator stalk and hand brake conversions and am only a week or 2 away from getting a UC front end into it.
I agree about the interior, much more modern and ergonomic.
The body lines are nice so if one were to flare the wheel arches they'd have to be smoothly integrated into the guards, rather than the bolt on after thoughts on the LH/X's (not that I don't like them, just not my thing) The grille and tail lights are an aquired taste (which are still growing on me).
If I find myself buying another Tory, I reckon it will be a UC.
So I'll lay this down on the tableto try and stir up a few people:
Anyone who says Sunbudgies aren't real Torana's aren't real Torana enthusiasts and can blow it out their @$$!
(Sunbudgies need love too, you know.)

#28 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Anyone who says Sunbudgies aren't real Torana's aren't real Torana enthusiasts and can blow it out their @$$!
(Sunbudgies need love too, you know.)

Woo there little fella........LOL

I believe its the UC h8 thread.......not the sunbird hate thread :)

Only thing more feeble than a UC......is a UC sinbird!......with the opel!......hahahaha....bit i digress. LOL [i had one, damn good car][but i broke it]

Face it.......it's just tail light envy! LOL

How cool is in to bolt in a pair of recaros & some 3-4 point harnesses to your LH/X?

How uncool is it when you cant reach the wiper switch when it rains? LOL

See.....UC's do have a purpose afterall! :)

Who owns a LH/X & would really like an intermittant wiper?............yeah!....i can hear you nodding! LOL

#29 _Baronvonrort_

_Baronvonrort_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

I wish all you people would continue to bag the UC and WTF are you trying to do drive the prices up or something by making them acceptable.The UC is possibly overpriced as it is and what others pay for LX/H is ridiculous.

The people who own UC like them,best suspension and steering,dash far better,handbrake where it should be and whenever someone tries to change the tail lights they look far worse and the front end looks better as well.

You never hear UC owners debating keep it original to fleece the next owner or modify it.

That red 4 door UCONGAS looks pretty good with flares and big wheels and all hatches look good flared wide and low be it LX or UC.

#30 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Woo there little fella........LOL

I believe its the UC h8 thread.......not the sunbird hate thread :)

That was just a sh*t stir. :tease: No hard feelings, ey. :D

#31 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

As with all car forums there are always favourites and ugly ducklings.

More often than not its just sheep following the herd.

That said UC's tail lights and front end look like a they were designed by a Frenchman on crack. They mave NO muscle appeal.
They lack naturally good austhetics.

BUT as someone has said to me on this forum, the UC's do grow on you (if you own one)

AND they also have a better sleeper appeal.

#32 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

That said UC's tail lights and front end look like a they were designed by a Frenchman on crack.

Wrong sorry. A Frenchman on crack designed the Centura.

#33 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

Wrong sorry. A Frenchman on crack designed the Centura.

Good cool... smart ass... hence why i said "looks like" :D

But that is my point... french people suck when it comes to designing cars.

#34 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Citreon, Renault, Peugeot, yep, your right! :spoton:

#35 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

I wish all you people would continue to bag the UC and WTF are you trying to do drive the prices up or something by making them acceptable.The UC is possibly overpriced as it is and what others pay for LX/H is ridiculous.

The people who own UC like them,best suspension and steering,dash far better,handbrake where it should be and whenever someone tries to change the tail lights they look far worse and the front end looks better as well.

You never hear UC owners debating keep it original to fleece the next owner or modify it.

That red 4 door UCONGAS looks pretty good with flares and big wheels and all hatches look good flared wide and low be it LX or UC.

LOL love it Baron, I enjoyed the read and your particular slant on their worth :) I shall always read your posts.

Cheers
Herne

#36 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

Ive owned a UC for well over 10Years, and i still dont think it looks anything near as good as a LX.

If it was the best looking car around it would stand out and not make a good sleeper tho,

so i love it for what it is, all the best bits, yet nobody wants to steal it :tease:

MT

#37 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

I don't feel left out , because you can be pretty sure , your UC , is is the genuine article , with Holden Tags , that have never been changed . In the last twelve months my UC , has only needed one tail light bulb .and I have not been pulled up in it , it starts every time ,handles ,economical , has clear and concise taillights , The pinnacle of Torana evolution .

#38 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Edited by Skapinad, 14 April 2009 - 06:21 PM.

#39 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, very unlikey for somebody to try pass off a lowly LH or LX as a mighty UC!

#40 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

That said UC's tail lights and front end look like a they were designed by a Frenchman on crack.

To correct myself, the LH/LX have a psuedo American design where as the UC has a psuedo English look

The front end reminds me of the English vauxhall Victors..

Posted Image

The UD looks even more English... thank christ they dropped it.

Edited by 426, 14 April 2009 - 09:55 PM.

#41 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

To correct myself, the LH/LX have a psuedo American design where as the UC has a psuedo English look

The front end reminds me of the English vauxhall Victors..

Posted Image

The UD looks even more English... thank christ they dropped it.

I dunno,426.That Victor looks like a cross between an Austin Kimberly and a TC Cortina.Still ugly but.

#42 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

With Nissan Cedric mirrors .

#43 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

I dunno,426.That Victor looks like a cross between an Austin Kimberly and a TC Cortina.Still ugly but.

I'm talking about the very front only.
Same flush style front that follows the full legnth V shaped bonnet that comes all the way to the front, with the little cut away grill and the badge placment.
Stick some Vauxhall Victor FE series head lights on it and you got a UC front end.
Yeah the rest of the car look very Whoretina, the UC torana body profile is still the LH/LX American style, but if you place your over the Vauxhall covering all but the very front of the car, ignore the head lights, you got a UC.

#44 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

The front vaguely reminds me of a datto 200B.

#45 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

but if you place your over the Vauxhall covering all but the very front of the car, ignore the head lights, you got a UC.

:blink: have you ever seen a UC ? if so what are you smokin (an can we have some)

I agree, cortina from the front doors back.

MT

#46 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

:blink: have you ever seen a UC ? if so what are you smokin (an can we have some)

It took me 20 posts to encounter one of those people that likes to talk, but has nothing to contribute... i guess every forum has them hey.

Your inability to recognise the simularities says alot more about your lack of vision and understanding than it does about any drugs i apparently smoke.

Maybe the basic geometries are not odvious enough for you.

Maybe it has to be a near on carbon copy for you... how this Victor... does it resemble a Torana in your eyes???!!!!

Posted Image

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#47 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

I rather like that particular Vauxhall the paint job (slr LH style) enhances it and suits IMHO. I would personally run different wheels on it.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 15 April 2009 - 02:20 PM.

#48 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

Actually to look at these 2 cars and say there is no simualrities... one should ask you what it is that you have been smoking.

Posted Image

Yes, the lights are completly different
BUT
the grills is very simular, the biggest diference being only the colour.
The bonnets share the same silhouette.
The bumpers are the same shape... well they would be if mine wasn't bent (like mumstaxi).
Fatten the Victor bumper and add the trim.

But i guess Its human nature to focus on the differences...
Hey, we do it with cultures and races, why not cars

:spoton:

#49 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

Also looks like a HQ Prem.

Posted Image

#50 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Check out the profile on a HQ on wards and check out the profile of LH Torana onwards.. very simular.

I reckon Torana's have always been miniturised charactures of the larger Holden sedans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users