The great debate mark 2

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#101 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'm gonna have to move to SA and join the HTC...Theres only a couple in our club and mines the only one on the road. :P

slr_v8

It's one of the world's best kept secrets.
We usually keep it quiet to stop everyone wanting one.

The move to SA and HTC is a positive idea indeed....the more the merrier.

APL

Edited by APL, 21 April 2009 - 07:17 PM.

#102 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

Haha My brother already lives over there.

I agree the HB is one of the best kept secrets...and best kept secret.

#103 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Enough of the dirty tactics Outer.
I am a wake up to your distractions.......

Back to the debate.

Choices, choices and more choices.

Posted Image

"Owning a Torana is like growing yourself a brand new body. With one difference; this time, you can suit yourself."

It's getting closer

APL

#104 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

There is also the fact that the HB was a stand alone Torana whereas the TA was a 4 banger LJ with a different front. :P

Muzzta, just read you've got drums on yours in the other thread. I should have ya out braked with the front discs on mine. :spoton:

Edited by slr_v8, 21 April 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#105 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

{Its nearly time} bring it on if your game.

That's it, your'e on !!
As soon as I sort out the blokes with the MG, L34 and A9X you are next.

APL

#106 muzzta

muzzta

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

SLR_V8,

Mate not only a different front, but also the big block 1760 or the upgraded 1300 powerplant(?) :blink:

Its sheet metal body was duplicated from the LJ vehicles.
The culmination of perfect style from all the Torana little models. :D

The Torana Deluxe offered full carpets, trimmed bucket seats, chrome wheel trim rings, and a push button radio.
Luxury motoring akin to a king's chariot. :D

The Trimatic auto was also available under the Deluxe model with either engine option. The body side moldings, similar to the Torana HJ, had PVC inserts on the Deluxe version only.
Trimatic auto and PVC inserts, some can only dream of such riches. :D

Other minor features of the TA included the standard internal cable operated bonnet release, the LJ Torana 6 cylinder model alternator, 45.5 liter fuel tank, and an increased compression ratio 1300cc engine (compared to the LJ).
High comp 1300cc, cable bonnets, alternators from a 6cyl, fuel tanks big enough to hold a shieks fortunes, mind boggling stuff. :clap:

All up, the production of the TA Torana reached only 11,304.

Fancy that, holden could only find 11, 304 sily people in 1974. :tease:

Unfortunately, mine being a 2 door base I missed out on a lot of that good stuff. :cry:

And I'm sure you would be outbreaking me, it's easier to slow down from 80 kmh than a 100kmh, lol.

Cheers
Muz

#107 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Great points there muzzta.

Finally a true contender for the Mighty HB1200.
You nearly had me conceding there for a moment, but you forgot to mention the Wannabe Gemini bit...

Outer, it seems that you have finally found a supporter.

APL

#108 _LC_138_

_LC_138_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Haha, you guys are just jealous of my whitewalls!

But I think this is a bit funny, outer you have almost one of everything! Can't bag the 'ol HB when you have one at home! If they're not worth wasting time on why do you have one? I wouldn't mention Gemini's, outer might want one of those too......

And APL, you're not far behind, what do you have now? The HB, LJ and the LH? I hear there's possibly another one to come too!

Between you two we could open up any comparison and you two could argue till the cows come home! :fool:

#109 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

But I think this is a bit funny, outer you have almost one of everything! Can't bag the 'ol HB when you have one at home! If they're not worth wasting time on why do you have one? I wouldn't mention Gemini's, outer might want one of those too......

And APL, you're not far behind, what do you have now? The HB, LJ and the LH? I hear there's possibly another one to come too!

Between you two we could open up any comparison and you two could argue till the cows come home! :fool:

Blah, Blah, Blah

I thought that this was "The Great Debate Mark 2" not the "He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins Debate"
Hmmmmmm.....I can see another thread starting here :tomaatit:

APL

#110 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

Good stuff muzzta. I got the disc brakes but mines an auto...Mines also got the awesome factory 4.125:1 diff in it for the quick pick up after I get ya under brakes.

#111 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

Haha, you guys are just jealous of my whitewalls!

I do have 3 geminis one auto with big block 1800 imported donk and 2 by 5 speeds.
I was deprived of toys as a child so i have to make up for it now.Wish Kaz was online she could tell us about the night at goolwa airport when she shut down a 1963 auto hillman minx with extractors and shaved head.Her choice of weapon was not a HB but a predecessor of the TA a 1600 big block auto .LC.

#112 _LC_138_

_LC_138_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hahaha, I was actually going to go to that airport thingy, never made it there. Sounds like it was a memorable one!

#113 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Has anyone heard about a so called SSS HB Torana done by Wheels Magazine and a Sydney speed shop, from what I have read in the February 1968 Wheels which I scored with some old books, there was only one and it started out as stock S 2 door.
It had a host of modifications including Sonic smooth extractors, Kenlowe Electric fan, Dave Bennett After market Head, Small Chromed Exhaust extention, 17inch Muffler, 2inch lowering all round and better shocks and springs, 3.89 to 1 diff gears to go with the engine mods plus a heap of cosmetic stuff.

I have a one owner 2 door with 92000 miles on the clock, it's a 68 S with the twin rear numberplate lights, so very early build I think.

#114 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Has anyone heard about a so called SSS HB Torana done by Wheels Magazine and a Sydney speed shop, from what I have read in the February 1968 Wheels which I scored with some old books, there was only one and it started out as stock S 2 door.
It had a host of modifications including Sonic smooth extractors, Kenlowe Electric fan, Dave Bennett After market Head, Small Chromed Exhaust extention, 17inch Muffler, 2inch lowering all round and better shocks and springs, 3.89 to 1 diff gears to go with the engine mods plus a heap of cosmetic stuff.

I have a one owner 2 door with 92000 miles on the clock, it's a 68 S with the twin rear numberplate lights, so very early build I think.

My TA
has 43,000kms with puchase documents and books and its not red as white taxi says but is barbados.

#115 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yeah I have that issue..great read.

Legend has it that the issue you have mentioned, is was what actually inspired HDT and HSV to modify cars off the showroom floor.
(Not really, I just made that up to bolster the argument in favour of HB's)

APL

Edited by APL, 21 April 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#116 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

It is you that is shaking outer !!

Since the precious TA with its modified nose cone, head lights and grill and optioned spare steering wheel has been exposed, you have jumped onto another model of these fine vehicles....."The Plus 4"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CMBXBGcFyao

I'm nearly ready to call it and spare you the barrage from my 1968 Series 1 Brabham Torana.

APL

Its taken me while but i reckon the red car in dirty white taxis film clip is a picardy red brabahm with a arcardiplane fiberglass disguise front.Taxi you will have to get up early to fool me.I rest my case for tonight as i need my beauty sleep.

#117 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Outer

I have seen your modified and highly customised TA with my own eyes, and yes it is red.
I have never said that it was never originally Barbados.

Here is the proof:

If it isn't your TA then there is another one identical out there.
Maybe it could be part of an old race team.

APL

#118 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

And Outer flees with fright.....until tomorrow nemesis !!

It's almost time

APL

#119 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

Outer

I have seen your modified and highly customised TA with my own eyes, and yes it is red.
I have never said that it was never originally Barbados.

Here is the proof:

If it isn't your TA then there is another one identical out there.
Maybe it could be part of an old race team.

APL

As i said dirty tactics taxi you have allready admitted a couple times that you have stretched the truth to get the argument in your favour ,dont believe this man he would sell pumps to people with nothing to pump aliken to somebody who sells snow to the eskimos.Dont believe this man he cant be trusted.

#120 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

When I bought my car I got all the documentation outer control mentioned and I also got a file full of all the reciepts for everything done to the car after the new car warranty ran out. I mean there was reciepts from four decades, even puchase reciepts for wiper blades for the last forty years, with when they were fitted and how many miles it had done, all written in the back of the service book, then in a note pad. I also got a can of touch up paint, a full tank of fuel and some really cool mint condition venietian type blinds, that fold out like a fan for the front window, any one over thirty will know what I am on about.

Edited by Flatliner, 21 April 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#121 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:41 PM

Ah Ha, you have fallen into my trap.
Who was the one who said they were going to get their beauty sleep....More TA exageration of the truth.

You are very close to see me play the Brabham card.

APL

#122 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

When I bought my car I got all the documentation outer control mentioned and I also got a file full of all the reciepts for everything done to the car after the new car warranty ran out. I mean there was reciepts from four decades, even puchase reciepts for wiper blades for the last forty years, with when they were fitted and how many kms it had done, all written in the back of the service book, then in a note pad. I also got a can of touch up paint, a full tank of fuel and some really cool mint condition venietian type blinds, that fold out like a fan for the front window, any one over thirty will know what I am on about.

Cool car flat-mate and taxi i dont need beauty sleep my wife tells me i look great just as i am.

#123 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

Some really cool mint condition venietian type blinds, that fold out like a fan for the front window, any one over thirty will know what I am on about.

Yes, I remember :cry:

#124 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

I am waiting for the summing up for the day or arent you confident your in front thanks to my new best friends who have backed me .Every one likes a winner.

#125 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

I also got the books with mine. It's done a bit over 170 000 miles.

Flatliners got one too. They're coming out of the woodwork now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users