#76 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

I was waiting for Top Gun to make an appearance. Awesome car.

Hey Muzzta, TA Vs HB. From Williamtown roundabout to the one on the island and back. Winner takes all. :tease:

#77 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

After vbvbvb08's post, I was amost ready to call it.
Be very affraid Outer, cause I'm leaving the Brabham stuff till last.....

APL

#78 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Id rather shoot myself!! than stoop that low!! :spoton:

Your obviously not vertically challenged brad

#79 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

[quote name='APL' date='Apr 21 2009, 08:32 AM' post='390738']
After vbvbvb08's post, I was amost ready to call it.
Be very affraid Outer, cause I'm leaving the Brabham stuff till last.....

APL

If i was you i would be shaking in your boots at defending the brabahm against the onslaught of speciffcations of the mighty pus- pack there i go again plus pack.Can anybody on the forum even provide a picture of one.Be afraid APL you and your brabahm could be in trouble. i rest my case.

#80 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

It is you that is shaking outer !!

Since the precious TA with its modified nose cone, head lights and grill and optioned spare steering wheel has been exposed, you have jumped onto another model of these fine vehicles....."The Plus 4"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CMBXBGcFyao

I'm nearly ready to call it and spare you the barrage from my 1968 Series 1 Brabham Torana.

APL

#81 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

It is you that is shaking outer !!

Since the precious TA with its modified nose cone, head lights and grill and optioned spare steering wheel has been exposed, you have jumped onto another model of these fine vehicles....."The Plus 4"

I'm nearly ready to call it and spare you the barrage from my 1968 Series 1 Brabham Torana.

APL

Thats it white taxi your going to cop it the history lesson.
You have to compare apples with apples{the almighty red will explain this too you if you dont understand.We have been through this evolution thing in mark 1 debate but the TA was not hobbled by the sniffer dogs in 74 so its the small and big block 2 door unstrangled little big wheels{with sexy coulers} against the brabham with white being the brightest one.Put that in your pipe and smoke it.I rest my case. :tease:

#82 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

Also i did not say i didnt like the HB as i have one a SL 4 door {dont have to worry about dog tail in my face} i just get nervious near desert bowls as no back up continguancy plan available should i fall in.
This debate is about which is the best and i rest my case as we all know you cant beat cubic ins.
{1760 against 1159 no contest}

#83 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

torana fest pics....trophy winner!!! and forum members car
Posted Image
muscled up....
Posted Image

Posted Image

surrounded by its bigger brothers!!!
Posted Image

lots of chrome
Posted Image

#84 muzzta

muzzta

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

I was waiting for Top Gun to make an appearance. Awesome car.

Hey Muzzta, TA Vs HB. From Williamtown roundabout to the one on the island and back. Winner takes all. :tease:

Hahaha,
that's a 100kmh stretch of road slr_v8, we may have to do it else where so we don't hold up the traffic. :blink: :D That new bloody roundabout turning into Stockton mucks up my run up for the bridge. lol

Very entertaining thread fellas, keep it up

Cheers
Muz

#85 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Some more HB goodies....

A Brabham brochure - the Holy Grail!

...plus two randoms. LOL

Attached Files

#86 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

OMG the standard model cuts a sub-20sec 0-60mph time! LOL

#87 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

torana fest pics....trophy winner!!! and forum members car
Posted Image

This was for sale at Toranafest wasn't it?

Hahaha,
that's a 100kmh stretch of road slr_v8, we may have to do it else where so we don't hold up the traffic. :blink: :D That new bloody roundabout turning into Stockton mucks up my run up for the bridge. lol

Very entertaining thread fellas, keep it up

Cheers
Muz

Whoops...I meant the Fullerton cove roundabout...
Yeah I hate that new roundabout.

#88 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

Great pictures meanmachine72.
Four cylinder Toranas can finally stand tall and get out shadows of their big brothers.

APL

#89 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

i thought this debate was about the little big wheel variants not commondores with their 13in torana bits model.If you want to talk about rarity APL the mighty pus {sorry} plus four outshines all torana
4s with style size performance and rare as,tell me when have you last seen one.As LC 138 said me and my new best friend Muzza need the support here of our mighty LC LJ brothers.Prove to me you are not bogans and are computer literate.I warn you APL if i am forced to bring the mighty plus four into this debate i will to knock your brabham off its perch.I rest my case.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about this "mighty plus four", what exactly is it and why does it need extra enhancements to be better than a Brabham?

#90 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

Great Terminology
The repressed HB fraternity and the serious Torana collector refer to them as "The Jewel In The Crown"

APL

#91 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

So the legends are true...

#92 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

I'm hearing a lot of talk about this "mighty plus four", what exactly is it and why does it need extra enhancements to be better than a Brabham?

Dear HB 1159 history lesson no 2 the plus 4 .Its only down side was tyres are not available from bunnings as they are 13 in.It was a lh brought out in 1975 to promote the 4 banger.Big 1900 cc opel 4 speed phillipino no external linkages,availalable in yellow ,red,green.Plus 4 decals on rear quarters and rear panel.Black stripe around car including rear and front bumpers in black, no heavy chrome or rubber strips to slow it down.Power discs needed to stop this beast.Carpets and clock so you could see how late you were running and if thats not enough to get you salvitating,wait for it colour coded slr wheel trims on 4 in rims.Rarer than brabahms but are not included in this debate as this is only about little big wheels,12 in variety.I rest my case long live the big block TA.

#93 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thats it white taxi your going to cop it the history lesson.
You have to compare apples with apples{the almighty red will explain this too you if you dont understand.We have been through this evolution thing in mark 1 debate but the TA was not hobbled by the sniffer dogs in 74 so its the small and big block 2 door unstrangled little big wheels{with sexy coulers} against the brabham with white being the brightest one.Put that in your pipe and smoke it.I rest my case. :tease:

You just stepped over the mark Outer....
If you want to kick me in the nuts then give the courtesy of some warning.

Same type of dirty tactic as putting to use that spare steering wheel option, of that Red oversprayed Barbados TA with the modified front nose-cone, grill and head lights. (link below)

Here I am trying to give a balanced and fair argument.

A White (Grecian White, FYI) Brabham would never have been used as a taxi, unlike poverty pack Kingwoods, A9X's, Commodores and Falcons. (Although, if you have a good look at those interior pictures showing the abundance of room and luxury, they very well could have)

Oh and I see you have jumped back on the TA Band Wagon - Weren't the sexy black bumpers on the "Plus 4" enough for you.

Don't make me pull the Brabham card just yet !!

APL

#94 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

So the legends are true...

I have rubbed shoulders with sir jack as a fellow competitor in tarmac events, but have never heard him mention the torana named after him.

#95 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

You just stepped over the mark Outer....
If you want to kick me in the nuts then give the courtesy of some warning.

Same type of dirty tactic as putting to use that spare steering wheel option, of that Red oversprayed Barbados TA with the modified front nose-cone, grill and head lights. (link below)

Here I am trying to give a balanced and fair argument.

A White (Grecian White, FYI) Brabham would never have been used as a taxi, unlike poverty pack Kingwoods, A9X's, Commodores and Falcons. (Although, if you have a good look at those interior pictures showing the abundance of room and luxury, they very well could have)

You forgot about the feeding of the 5,000 out of the boot quote.
Oh and I see you have jumped back on the TA Band Wagon - Weren't the sexy black bumpers on the "Plus 4" enough for you.

Don't make me pull the Brabham card just yet !!

APL

#96 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

I have rubbed shoulders with sir jack as a fellow competitor in tarmac events, but have never heard him mention the torana named after him.

Modesty is one of Sir Jacks greatest traits

#97 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Was that a disturbance in the force.....

Or did Brad just buy a HB?

Edited by HB1200, 21 April 2009 - 07:03 PM.

#98 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

You are obviously rattled Outer, or you actually agree with me by quoting my posts.

It's nearly time.....

Sorry I missed that cheap shot about the boot...by the way it could most likely feed 5000 people in a third world country. However as I have previously stated, the actual number is 200. Coincidently 200 being the average number of people at a normal HB get together.

APL

Edited by APL, 21 April 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#99 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'm gonna have to move to SA and join the HTC...Theres only a couple in our club and mines the only one on the road. :P

#100 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

You are obviously rattled Outer, or you actually agree with me by quoting my posts.

It's nearly time.....

APL

No i stuffed up the copying of your quote i only said you forgot to mention about the feeding of the 5,000 out of the boot of the HB.Just keep the deserts well clear especially from my HB.
{Its nearly time} bring it on if your game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users