#326 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Drivers sill On 25 car got damaged and theres no pictured damaged on 05 car. Car at Bathurst has no sign on sill repair. Thoughts?

#327 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

My bet is the 05 VK in the photo shoot had left over VH model HDT decals on the rear quarters.

#328 _mdswat_

_mdswat_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Decisions are based on what the foundation of the investigation said and are relative to the conclusions that are drawn from that foundation.

I think in the investigation it may have said somethink like this,  and therefore drew conclusions from that.[/size]

As for removing the sign writing, sign writers use enamel paints, once dry on painted vehicles surface, its impossible to remove without damaging the existing paintwork whether that be the current 2K paint used on today's cars or the old acrylic as used in the early range of Commodores.
Rubbing the sign writing with a thinners type product will work but will result in damage to the paintwork.
Also rubbing it off with a fine grade of paper like 1200 wet n dry grit will have the same effect.
If & when you removed the sign writing without actually damaging the paintwork to badly that it requires repainting you will still see a visible etch mark where the existing sign writing has been. The best method to make the removal invisible is to repaint it.
So for a switch-a-roo to happen between these 2 cars it would have required repainting any sign writing re-done for the switch to occur. But the readings (the paint gauge readings) we have taken PROVE this wasn't the case.[/size]

The last sentence would seem to indicate that signwriting was measured with the paint gauge but this has subsequently been denied in a previous post.[/size]

Know where does it say signwriting was measured STOP trying to bend what is written to help your own story. This would prove nothing and extra flick with the brush would show diffenrences. So pointless exercise the pic of the device was taken on the turret , again taken with the vc rally car, same reading, or was this car respray end too?

#329 _mdswat_

_mdswat_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

My bet is the 05 VK in the photo shoot had left over VH model HDT decals on the rear quarters.

Quiet possible as there's a picture with the VH bonnet on it in the build process.

#330 _mdswat_

_mdswat_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

What have the HDT 05 VK Commodore, as driven by Peter Brock, at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Champions HDT 05 VK Commodore got in common that is different from the HDT 05 VK as raced at Bathurst and the HDT 05 VK at the NMRM?

Where do you start, time to do some reading me thinks.
In short the NMRM car sits at Bathurst body in tact is since donated in the 1985, was raped of most good mechanical bits when it had a short returned to Brock in 88 BMW years.
The other has been round the world, raced successfully, destroyed in a major shunt , front rear and sides totally destroyed, either repaired or reshelled, with either method the chassis number font appears slightly different , returned to Australia fully rebuilt again using all new panels, quarters rad support included. So this car is impossible to gauge any think body wise off, if it is even infact the orginal comm 7 car?

That's it in very short.

#331 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

Ive removed painted sign writing before. Without trace.

Given that the base would have been good and the signwriting relatively fresh, not a difficult job.

#332 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Where do you start, time to do some reading me thinks.
In short the NMRM car sits at Bathurst body in tact is since donated in the 1985, was raped of most good mechanical bits when it had a short returned to Brock in 88 BMW years.
The other has been round the world, raced successfully, destroyed in a major shunt , front rear and sides totally destroyed, either repaired or reshelled, with either method the chassis number font appears slightly different , returned to Australia fully rebuilt again using all new panels, quarters rad support included. So this car is impossible to gauge any think body wise off, if it is even infact the orginal comm 7 car?

That's it in very short.

Have a look at the sign writing on the Champion, Goodwood, NMRM and 84 Bathurst race cars. It appears the Champion HDT 05 VK is the same as the HDT 05 VK that Brock drove at Goodwood.

From what I've read so far the Goodwood car is the one that went to England, raced by John Clelland, then came back to HDT for a refurb?

#333 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

The car that went to good wood is the champion car if that answers your question

#334 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

The car that went to good wood is the champion car if that answers your question

Thanks Red, but where did the Champion car come from? Was it the car that went to England?

#335 _Dustings_

_Dustings_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yes

#336 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

I have not heard of complete decals being used on HDT early '80 to'84 even the castrol was hand painted on the guards and headlights.

and also not unless you are colourblind - VH HDT logos were Marlboro red in the "D" of HDT I believe the VK had day-glo "D's"

Quiet possible as there's a picture with the VH bonnet on it in the build process.

Not even close.

the build photo with the VH bonnet is com #5  done up with the VK air dam.

Bev was right there were 3 race cars of similar spec, Perkins confirms "no Mechanical difference" between VH and VK group C cars.

Brock referred 3 times to the refurbished 25 for the AEC races.  It was standard practice for HDT to refurbish the 05 ATCC into the 25 AEC car.

There are 5 photos of Com #5 being converted and an article "Brockbuster" in Sept playboy that shows Com #5 with a VK air dam and a VK passanger seat.

You may also notice the ROCKTOBER 84 on the air dam in the playboy article,  you may also notice a slightly washedout rocktober 84 on the air dam  in the build photo.

#337 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

I never read Playboy for the articles..............   :ph34r:

#338 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have not heard of complete decals being used on HDT early '80 to'84 even the castrol was hand painted on the guards and headlights.

and also not unless you are colourblind - VH HDT logos were Marlboro red in the "D" of HDT I believe the VK had day-glo "D's"

Maybe I am colour blind :dontknow:

However, if the D in the HDT logo on the rear qtr panel of the 05 VH Commodore is 'Marlboro Red' and on the 05 VK Commodore it's Dayglo then the answer is a no brainer regardless of whether HDT used decals, spray masks or they were hand painted with a brush, of which the latter I highly doubt.

Edited by S pack, 15 March 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#339 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Brock in 05 at Bathurst in 1984

169.jpg

Museum car HDT logos etc look same to me I do notice the aussie flag top right of 05 is missing, maybe a sticker taken off

Bathurst-12.jpg

the other side of Museum car

3162_6699.jpg

and the SAME car? and at Sanddown in 84

84047.jpg

looks to me like the same car.

add in no rear quarter damage and the Bathurst museum car is Brock 05 car that he raced and won Snaddown and Bathurst with

#340 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Drivers sill On 25 car got damaged and theres no pictured damaged on 05 car. Car at Bathurst has no sign on sill repair. Thoughts?

If you could call the Harvey car sill damage photo proof of damage.

What would you call this behind the front guard on the sill????????????????

169.jpg

#341 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Well looking at a better resolution photo of the Bathurst Museum car I would say a factory sill line which leaves the score at balfizar 0 and everyone else 1

Mate you are a dumb arse the evidence is there you are just bullshitting yourself now

Brock-vk.jpg

#342 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Reckon those sills might be like that for maybe ummmmmmmmmmmm jacks?

#343 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Well looking at a better resolution photo of the Bathurst Museum car I would say a factory sill line which leaves the score at balfizar 0 and everyone else 1

Mate you are a dumb arse the evidence is there you are just bullshitting yourself now

Brock-vk.jpg

Now there I was trying to keep the whole tone of the discussion civil,  I guess anything goes here?

Edited by Balfizar, 15 March 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#344 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Mate put up or shut up where is your evidence, you say Bathurst car isn't 05, i have given the proof that it is, you have someone else wanting to meet at the museum and prove it as well

things stay civil to a point you seen the proof for 05 so where's yours that it isn't, you have been clutching at straws trying to deny it. Time for you to show what you have, or are you just going to whinge and whine because I am beginning to think your just a Internet troll

So what is it going to be?

Edited by cruiza, 15 March 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#345 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Maybe I am colour blind :dontknow:

However, if the D in the HDT logo on the rear qtr panel of the 05 VH Commodore is 'Marlboro Red' and on the 05 VK Commodore it's Dayglo then the answer is a no brainer regardless of whether HDT used decals, spray masks or they were hand painted with a brush, of which the latter I highly doubt.

NMRMVKBigBanger9_4_2013140_zpsf6639d5f.j

NMRMVKBigBanger9_4_2013073_zps963aa1c1.j

#346 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

Big woop.

Still proves nothing.

Painted signwriting can be removed. Without the need for a respray.

Maybe we should stop feeding the troll.

#347 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

NMRMVKBigBanger9_4_2013140_zpsf6639d5f.j

NMRMVKBigBanger9_4_2013073_zps963aa1c1.j

OK, thanks for the close up shot, I agree they are not decals, however, it doesn't change the fact the NMRM 05 VK Commodore is P.B's Bathurst winning car.

#348 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

Mate put up or shut up where is your evidence, you say Bathurst car isn't 05, i have given the proof that it is, you have someone else wanting to meet at the museum and prove it as well

things stay civil to a point you seen the proof for 05 so where's yours that it isn't, you have been clutching at straws trying to deny it. Time for you to show what you have, or are you just going to whinge and whine because I am beginning to think your just a Internet troll

So what is it going to be?

QUOTE "I put up what I see and think. I seek not to change anyone’s opinion in this discussion, the validity of the information I preset is just a catalyst and if it inspires a change of opinion on this matter than that is up to the individual."

I think that somewhere in the last 100 posts, is my evidence as you call it.

And what I think I have highlighted is that there are some information in  the investigation that when logically processed should arrive at a conclusion not 05, there is other information in the investigation that when logically processed should arrive at a conclusion 05.  CONFLICT,  you can choose to evaluate only the info that suits the conclusion you want but you cannot process that with conflicting information without coming to a conflicting conclusion. I have a conflicting conclusion

Its an entire document for credibilitys sake

#349 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

I still say the promo shot car had vinyl logos, makes sense if they were in a rush as you say.

#350 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE "I put up what I see and think. I seek not to change anyone’s opinion in this discussion, the validity of the information I preset is just a catalyst and if it inspires a change of opinion on this matter than that is up to the individual."

I think that somewhere in the last 100 posts, is my evidence as you call it.

And what I think I have highlighted is that there are some information in  the investigation that when logically processed should arrive at a conclusion not 05, there is other information in the investigation that when logically processed should arrive at a conclusion 05.  CONFLICT,  you can choose to evaluate only the info that suits the conclusion you want but you cannot process that with conflicting information without coming to a conflicting conclusion. I have a conflicting conclusion

Its an entire document for credibilitys sake

You have not put anything up at all, all you have done is claim that evidence is wrong, example:- a quick look at race car photos shows the sill are the same both sides and yet your so called evidence was to ask if that was damage?

So do you actually have anything at all to add to the discussion or as I suspect your just a Internet troll and most likely a Ford supporter (Ok that was an uncalled for insult)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users