Stole it from bertie st forum.

#77 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

And this stolen from the HDT site, pretty much proves they don't know what they are talking about. The car in England NEVER had thE small mirror fitted at all! If it was on the car when PC bought it, the bloke who sold it to him fitted it to try and help pass the car off as 05.

"Is Peter Brock's statement and signature not enough proof?

Also, a minor, but significant detail. Take a look at the door mirrors on PC's car (05) and the car in the Bathurst Museum (25). The 05 car had (and still has) a small areodynamic mirror fitted, whilst the 25 car had a standard door mirror fitted - which is also on the car at Bathurst.

Cheers,

Ben. "

#78 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

Well, if you look closely at that video, you may notice not only is that car running the VH mirror as Harveys car did, it also has the black COMMODORE sticker on the front windscreen as the Harvey car did, while 05 ran white!

#79 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

can someone please go to the musem and take some photos of the cars stone chips and the big picture behind it so we can see what reda9x is talking about, its not that i disbelieve it just want to see for myself ta

#80 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Heres a couple from Easter 09.

#81 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Castrol is written in 2 differents fonts on head light covers, I havent checed vids yet to compare. Wish I had of got close ups of numbers etc, while I had the chance. But Rod (manager) was more than happy to let me go all over it.

#82 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Looks similar.

#83 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

The owner of a panel-shop had a good look at the car yesterday. As well as the normal stuff like stone-chips, placement of decals, and signwriting, he was paying particular attention to originality of the paint and evidence of repairs where Fury punted Harvey in the rear quarter. Stay tuned!

#84 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

Here are some pics I stole, they show the car during the 1000 and the car in the museum. Yes the cars were raced after Bathurst, but since they were going to be retired they would have only got a clean up. The triangle was only a decal, it may have fallen off as both cars had it anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Looks similar.

Thanks for that rocket, do have any of the picture of the car that is on the wall above the car.

I have looked at the video and Harvy did not have rocktober on bumber, brock car did brock car had almost no damage to it on front certinly not like Musesm car has Rocktober T and Bathurst stickers on bottom side of car were unmarked so unless damage was sustained in later races?

So my thinking is Bathurst Musem car could be Brocks if car suffered addition damage post bathurst as brocks car had no very little damage at all after great race certinly nothing like what can be seen in Rockets pics, however grill does look like Harvey car, his car had slight grill damage

#86 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Struth,some of those shots look like they were on brockcommodores.com

#87 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

Heres a few, not sure which ones you wanted.

#88 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

I put the picture up of the car on the wall^
Don't forget this car has sat in the museum for 20 years and has been driven every now and then, plus pushed around the museum, so you would expect it to have copped some extra damage from careless people. You can actually see grubby marks on the nose from being pushed around.To add to that, up till a few years ago it had no rope around it and you were allowed to actually go and sit in the car. Don't forget also the James Hardie 1000 decals would have been removed after Bathurst and reapplied at some stage

#89 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

The owner of a panel-shop had a good look at the car yesterday. As well as the normal stuff like stone-chips, placement of decals, and signwriting, he was paying particular attention to originality of the paint and evidence of repairs where Fury punted Harvey in the rear quarter. Stay tuned!

Is this an individual thing or in response to the police investigation going on.

#90 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Individual thin by a passionate Brock Commodore owner.

I believe the evidence is conclusive, and RED is correct.

The full details are on the bertiestreet.com forum.

Edited by MONZA1, 01 June 2009 - 09:24 AM.

#91 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

I looked on the site, registered, went back to work, have not posted a thing on there at all and come back to find I have been banned! You have to be kidding, and people whinge about the mods and admin on this site!

#92 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

I looked on the site, registered, went back to work, have not posted a thing on there at all and come back to find I have been banned! You have to be kidding, and people whinge about the mods and admin on this site!

I also have been banned at this forum (bertiestreet.com) for an hour because i have not introduced myself.
I guess i will have to say something useless (spam) to get back on.

Edited by LC69GTR, 01 June 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#93 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

They are still sorting out the notification system. As I understand it, you should be able to re-register with the same user ID. An introduction is required, not some useless spam!

#94 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ok did my intro and now have to wait for the post to be approved

Your right

and people whinge about the mods and admin on this site!

#95 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

REDA9X (rhr7) & LC69GTR, Introduce yourselves (LC69GTR I have seen that you have,and you will be fine).This is done to stop idiots,spam & the unwanted elements wrecking the best Brock forum.

Funny this thread popped up about 05 over here too,I think everyone is very keen to know the whereabouts of the true one, which the real Brock people had a good idea was.

#96 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

REDA9X,if u have problems logging on to do an intro,let me know I can arrange to get the ban lifted.
LC69GTR can see u have posted twice now.

#97 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

REDA9X,if u have problems logging on to do an intro,let me know I can arrange to get the ban lifted.
LC69GTR can see u have posted twice now.

See that you made it,well done guys!

#98 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

Good to see this has been proven as well! Good work mdswat,I see you hiding there.... lol

#99 _mowie_

_mowie_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

I believe it looks as though RED was correct....

#100 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Good to see this has been proven as well! Good work mdswat,I see you hiding there.... lol

He wasn't trying to hide. He couldn't post for some reason.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users