Photo

25 painted as 05 in the UK

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#101 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

I believe it looks as though RED was correct....

I believe alot of people have known this to be correct for along time too,a bit like a L34 that is around in QLD.

#102 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

<br />I looked on the site, registered, went back to work, have not posted a thing on there at all and come back to find I have been banned! You have to be kidding, and people whinge about the mods and admin on this site!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I guess your reputation preceeded you lol

opps now I am going to be banned for being checky to admin

#103 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

We might have to call REDA9X Mulder,he solved one X File

#104 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

I didn't solve anything, all I did was give everyone bits to information I already had, I've known for a few years now. You have to be careful what you say afterall in this world we have become. Like I said, some people know the facts they were not willing to say them however.

#105 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Your spot on Red,have to be careful.

#106 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

Well I for one am happy to say I am now convinced that the real 05 is at Bathurst, thanks to all those who took part in this little x-files exercise, RedA9X Rocket to name a few from here and the guys over at Bretiestreet too, all that needs to be done now is look inside 025 for the repair to the rear quater, although in fairness to PC that could well have been damaged repaired while raceing in the uk

cruiza

#107 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

I am not saying nuffin!..Nice museum..it stops there...are the all cars actually what they are supposed to be?..thats another thread in its own right.
R

#108 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

I am not saying nuffin!..Nice museum..it stops there...are the all cars actually what they are supposed to be?..thats another thread in its own right.
R

If you mean Champions, some of the cars they are very sure are genuine, some are replicars as the genuine car was lost or they weren't able to procure it. They are quite open about some of the cars being paint job specials. However there are a few cars that I have been told were genuine which I have since heard are not
84 05 not?
Posted Image

Brocks come back to HDT first race car Not?

Posted Image

Harry Firths old road car, was black, used as development mule for A9X Not?

Posted Image

Not a good photo but inbackground is Cheve Monza (Bob Jane) That brock is susposed to have raced there was some doubt about this but Champions seem to think they have proved their case and that that car is the car they say it is.

Posted Image

Well those are the cars that I have heard conflicting stories about, I AM NOT SAYING WHAT IS WHAT just these cars have maybe issues

#109 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

ok lets deal with the sedan first, from his website it says the following (it's recently been changed);

"Bathurst 1974 saw Brock lead the race by 6 laps at lap 100. Engine troubles forced early retirement due to not following an order by team boss Harry Firth to slow down a couple of seconds a lap. Peter was sacked from Holden Dealer Team for failing to follow team orders.

In 1978 Peter Brock returned to the Holden Dealer Team after 3 years as a Privateer. Team Boss John Sheppard gave Brock the L34 instead of the superior A9X Hatchback, he went on to win the Sandown 500 Enduro, earning his postion as the team's No. 1 driver.

Bathurst 1976 saw Charlie O'Brien and Wayne Negus at the wheel of this car taking it to a top 4 postion.

Only 268 road going L34 Torana's were produced"

Ok, there seems to be some sort of confliction even in what the site says, it's mixing a few cars up.
Yes 74 drove an L34, but it wasn't this one. This car was Bonds car, the one hit at Amaroo Park in 76, that is confirmed, look at AMC 15 page 60. The car is displayed painted as 05 and as an A9X, representing the car Brock drove when he returned to HDT in 78. That car is in Victoria and currently racing in Group C. This car served as a display car in 78, thats it, until it was sold off as the car had been cut and shut by Harry Firth, the new team manager John Sheppard on advice from John Harvey never used the car as a race car.

The hatch, well, it says this;

"The first of the mighty hatchback Toranas. This car was Harry Firths personal daily driver. It then became the homologating test car for the HDT. Peter Brock was often spotted testing the car on public roads at night time."

IT'S not the Firth car, thats in Vic too and the Firth car was never raced. The text has been changed, it used to say the car was raced. The car was painted black by Harry

#110 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

It used to say this on the website
"Bathurst 1974 saw Brock lead the race by 6 laps at lap 100. Engine troubles forced early retirement due to not following an order by team boss John Shepherd to slow down a couple of seconds a lap. Peter was sacked from Holden Dealer Team for failing to follow team orders.

In 1978 Peter Brock returned to the Holden Dealer Team after 3 years as a Privateer. Team Boss Harry Firth gave Brock this car instead of the superior A9X Hatchback. In this car he went on to win the Sandown 500 Enduro, earning his postion as the teams No. 1 driver.

Bathurst 1976 saw Charlie O'Brien and Wayne Negus at the wheel of this car taking it to a top 4 postion."

#111 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

Harry Black Hatchback had Vic Number Plates HF.111
Is it still in Black that Car or a different colour now

#112 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

I am not even going there...anyone whom asks a question gets threatened with a law suit

What a great thread. Excellent info Red.
Rory, do you mean that PC doesn't take kindly to the issue because he has a letter stating that he has the real '84 "05"?

Cheers, H

#113 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Cheers, H

I think he has more money than most to defend whatever theories he has that are put forward...thats all I am prepared to say..I was made an offer for the yellow car by PC....(the conversation and price at Speed on Tweed the weekend after PBs accident will remain with me)....there are ..as has been stated...lots of question marks over lots of cars around..not just PCs cars...hopefully will be revieled in the future...hopefully....Sagman knows where I stand..
R

#114 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Oh yes, lots of question marks over a lot of cars. A forum member showed me some pictures of his car and I traced it back and funny how it was apparently sitting in Bathurst museum a few years ago......the forum member owns the real deal, so I wonder where the museum copy got to...

#115 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

I think Harry Firth Black Hatchback was Just a 5.0Litre SS and with Engineering Mods,Like S/Diff with Rear Disc Etc's and other stuff it was the First A9X Prototype Car,As Harry says on the HDT DVD they did the test Run at Night in it.
So i Guess it must of Been a 1976 Model SS LX Hatch,as Harry Finished the end of 1977 with HDT

#116 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

It was a 76 hatch yes.

#117 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

It used to say this on the website
"Bathurst 1974 saw Brock lead the race by 6 laps at lap 100. Engine troubles forced early retirement due to not following an order by team boss John Shepherd to slow down a couple of seconds a lap. Peter was sacked from Holden Dealer Team for failing to follow team orders.

In 1978 Peter Brock returned to the Holden Dealer Team after 3 years as a Privateer. Team Boss Harry Firth gave Brock this car instead of the superior A9X Hatchback. In this car he went on to win the Sandown 500 Enduro, earning his postion as the teams No. 1 driver.

Bathurst 1976 saw Charlie O'Brien and Wayne Negus at the wheel of this car taking it to a top 4 postion."

I thought Peter returned after Harry left, it was part of his returning he wanted nothing to do with Harry at the time. Not sure about this I just remmeber PB making comments that Harry was gone John Shepperd was there so I returned...

#118 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

I thought Peter returned after Harry left, it was part of his returning he wanted nothing to do with Harry at the time. Not sure about this I just remmeber PB making comments that Harry was gone John Shepperd was there so I returned...

my point exactly, the information supplied on the site was wrong

the car never did the Sandown 500 in 78 either, it did the first round of the championship at Sandown

#119 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

It was a 76 hatch yes.

Thanks REDA9X

#120 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

I took these photos last year at the Bathurst museum.

What is its pedigree?

Attached Files

#121 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

I say its pedigree is Holden LOL

#122 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

I took these photos last year at the Bathurst museum.

What is its pedigree?

not sure what you mean there but maybe read the story over the last few pages?

#123 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

I thought its Pedigree is Holden,Mostly VK ??????????????

#124 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

not sure what you mean there but maybe read the story over the last few pages?

Yes have read it...just wondering is there a definitive answer? If I have missed it - my error. Curious to find out. People can post a tag number and be told what day / month produced. '05' Paperwork may be lost...so will the definitive facts ever be able to be confirmed beyond doubt?

Cheers.

#125 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

I think he has more money than most to defend whatever theories he has that are put forward

Thanks Rory. That's pretty ironic when looking at some of the solid arguments (make that evidence!) put forward in this thread.

..lots of question marks over lots of cars around..not just PCs cars...hopefully will be revieled in the future...hopefully.

Here's hoping for sure! As Red suggested, who wouldn't want to have the Harvey/Parsons '84 Bathurst car proudly displayed in their collection. I don't get it at all.

Cheers, H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users