Photo

25 painted as 05 in the UK

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#126 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

There is a HUGE shit fight going on at the moment about falsified documents/papers on lots of Group C cars...dont see why any other ex race cars escaped the dramas...the someone that could be signing off the authentication papers is maybe the person in question.....lots to be revieled yet. RED knows where I am at on this one. We are all keeping quiet, hopefully the full force of the law will prevail.
R

Edited by rorym, 03 June 2009 - 11:06 PM.

#127 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

For a total laugh here is a drawing I did on the 6th June 1985..of the 05. I seem to remember it was a copy the Bill Tuckey 1984 Bathurst story.

Attached Files

Edited by vbvbvb088, 04 June 2009 - 02:07 AM.

#128 _big trav_

_big trav_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

For a total laugh here is a drawing I did on the 6th June 1985..of the 05. I seem to remember it was a copy the Bill Tuckey 1984 Bathurst story.

Have you got a pic of the other side? This could be the one? (genuine05) Sorry couldn't resist.

#129 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

There is a HUGE shit fight going on at the moment about falsified documents/papers on lots of Group C cars...dont see why any other ex race cars escaped the dramas...the someone that could be signing off the authentication papers is maybe the person in question.....lots to be revieled yet. RED knows where I am at on this one. We are all keeping quiet, hopefully the full force of the law will prevail.
R

There certainly is a BIG checking going on at the moment.

#130 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

There have been some interesting investigations going on of late, the bertiestreet forum has some news coming up, despite letters from PC and Bev Brock, scientific evidence isn't affected by 20 odd years of memory.......

#131 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Case closed, 05 is at Bathurst!

#132 _purpleLC_

_purpleLC_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Case closed, 05 is at Bathurst!

More info please Red.

#133 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

Where has the thread gone on bertiestreet?

#134 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

There is a thread on bertie street, only corsa level members can view it though. Several paint tests and measurements were done. The evidence is unquestionable, right down to the stone chips on the cars. Also, 25 took a hit to the rear left quarter at Bathurst, the car at Bathurst has no repairs at all on that quarter, it's all original. As I said, i have known 100% for years now as I know people with evidence, this just confirms it.

#135 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:25 AM

So where does this leave the owner of the real 25 car being shown as the the 05 car?

#136 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

^^

Up the shops buying a '2' sticker to replace the '0' Posted Image

#137 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

Red, what exactly is a corsa level member there? Certain amount of posts?

Good to see its bed cleared up. Be interesting to see the reactions from the owner of 25.

It'd wanna be a quick trip to the shops! Lol.

#138 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Corsa member is a certain number of posts. They basically wanted to stop people simply commenting on that car and thats it.
As for the owner of the 25 car, well he still owns a piece of history, and as important as 05 was and built at the same time in the same way. His real issue would be he was sold something that was not as advertised, so effectively, fraud.

#139 _mdswat_

_mdswat_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

corsa member is 10 posts

#140 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

There is a thread on bertie street, only corsa level members can view it though. Several paint tests and measurements were done. The evidence is unquestionable, right down to the stone chips on the cars. Also, 25 took a hit to the rear left quarter at Bathurst, the car at Bathurst has no repairs at all on that quarter, it's all original. As I said, i have known 100% for years now as I know people with evidence, this just confirms it.

Great stuff! Be interesting to see if PC conceeds the point at any time soon, or ever for that matter. What's to stop him from continuing to his car "the real 05 Big Banger VK original race car"??

#141 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

YOU ain't the only one dude :clap:

Edited by bruceRycom, 08 July 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#142 _bruceRycom_

_bruceRycom_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

corsa member is 10 posts

You sound like a shoddy chap! :rockon: :D

#143 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

From the Brock Commodores forum, 3 months and no one has been able to answer the "how come question"

Build05versescurrentNMRMMarlborosignheig

If the signage etc have never been changed or tampered with, how come the alignment of the top of the "M" in Marlboro in the
build photo (relative to the top of the "05" is lower (meaning a smaller font) than the "M" in the 2009 Telstra 500 photo of the NMRM car?
also to give you an example of the font size change, the whole of the first "R" in Marlboro in on the front door in the build photo and it is
split across 2 doors in the NMRM photo. (Font change!)

You see it was changed, pre photo shoot, it would seem Philip Morris wanted a bigger font on the Marlboro sign. Seeing that
this was in the era or hand painted signs, this can only mean a rub back and respray and re-sign write of the "Marlboro" sign. So how come the investigation
could find no indication of repaint on the "doors".

You believed it just because "they" told you  to. Now you can see with you own eyes.  If HDT had not changed the "Marlboro" sign font size it would still be the same today and
it isn't.

Either the investigation got it wrong with the paint Gauge and what has or has not been repainted or its not 05, take your
pick.
And even if that got it right with the paint Gauge and and there is no respray of the doors, than it is still not 05.

A lot of interesting reading in that thread.

Cheers
Balfizar

Edited by Balfizar, 17 March 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#144 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Jesus , a four year old post renewed and with such enthusiasm
Not bad for 90 posts
Do you have any recent Torana news to contribute to the forum or are you just really excited ??

#145 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

From the Brock Commodores forum, 3 months and no one has been able to answer the "how come question"

Build05versescurrentNMRMMarlborosignheig

If the signage etc have never been changed or tampered with, how come the alignment of the top of the "M" in Marlboro in the
build photo (relative to the top of the "05" is lower (meaning a smaller font) than the "M" in the 2009 Telstra 500 photo of the NMRM car?
also to give you an example of the font size change, the whole of the first "R" in Marlboro in on the front door in the build photo and it is
split across 2 doors in the NMRM photo. (Font change!)

You see it was changed, pre photo shoot, it would seem Philip Morris wanted a bigger font on the Marlboro sign. Seeing that
this was in the era or hand painted signs, this can only mean a rub back and respray and re-sign write of the "Marlboro" sign. So how come the investigation
could find no indication of repaint on the "doors".

You believed it just because "they" told you  to. Now you can see with you own eyes.  If HDT had not changed the "Marlboro" sign font size it would still be the same today and
it isn't.

Either the investigation got it wrong with the paint Gauge and what has or has not been repainted or its not 05, take your
pick.
And even if that got it right with the paint Gauge and and there is no respray of the doors, than it is still not 05.

A lot of interesting reading in that thread.

Cheers
Balfizar

You do realise that you're the first person to comment on this in nearly 4 years right?

And if the rear of the car at the museum is original, and the PC one has been repaired, it would suggest pretty strongly that the one PC has is the one that was damaged, ie 25 not 05.

Paint and fonts etc can be changed, repaired damage can't.

Just sayin.

#146 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

You do realise that you're the first person to comment on this in nearly 4 years right?

And if the rear of the car at the museum is original, and the PC one has been repaired, it would suggest pretty strongly that the one PC has is the one that was damaged, ie 25 not 05.

Paint and fonts etc can be changed, repaired damage can't.

Just sayin.

Simple question:- requires a simple answer.... No they got it wrong with the coating thickness gauge or Yes they were right with the coating thickness gauge. 

"Either the investigation got it wrong with the paint Gauge and what has or has not been repainted or its not 05, take your
pick.
And even if that got it right with the paint Gauge and and there is no respray of the doors, than it is still not 05"

There has been great debate over 05/25 for a lot more than 4 years more like 12 years

Cheers

Balfizar

#147 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Jesus , a four year old post renewed and with such enthusiasm
Not bad for 90 posts
Do you have any recent Torana news to contribute to the forum or are you just really excited ??

No nothing since I talked to the 2 EX-cop NSW workshop foremen about the fit-out of GTR's and XU1's

or all the Torana newspaper ads I posted, no been pretty quite lately! :mellow:

Cheers

Balfizar

#148 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Simple answer here is, PC has now conceeded he has the 25 car, case closed.

#149 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Where did you find that out. I always thought he had 25 as Brocks words nothing, people seem to forget the polarizer bullshit.

#150 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well that would have to be conceeded in the last 8 days since I spoke to him and forgive me for wanting to see it in writing.

Cheers

Balfizar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users