_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

And !

#52 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

A pic of Stubbers other A9X, The tank setup in Shauns car and John Colbournes Torana ( NZ)

#53 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

These NZ cars are a step above what we have, the pink XU 1 has 375 hp, has a jzed head , 55mm webers etc never seen anything like it.

#54 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Pics of Ians Brabham 4 dr A9X, in original condition and Bobs Brock replica that Garth Wigston drove on the day.

#55 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

More of Ians, Anna Camerons, Steve Perrots.

#57 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Some of the Brock/Brock hatch, was pushed back to the pits, not sure of the problem.

#58 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

:spoton: ^^^^^^

Posted Image

And what happened here , we were watching and then the following lap i seen the damage :(

Posted Image

#59 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

And some more

So is the 4 Hindhaugh Wigston Car the real deal, or a replica like the 5 Brock Sampson Car? <Not sure if links to posts is going to work - they don't>.

The 1974 Yellow 5 car is a replica, but a real L34!!!

Edited by Yella SLuR, 07 September 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#60 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

Shauns, Michaels & Steves group C A9X s, and Grices XU 1 with the 2in SU s.

#61 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Last pic is of Bobs Brock replica that won the best replica of the masters,and a few random pics of the day of top cars.

#62 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Mick, as much as I'd love to, I just can't see it happening this year.

#63 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

The Group C & A races were absolutely fantastic, just like the cars.

#64 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

Random pics, bit ordinary, Im not real flash with a camera.

Passed Craig on the way in, think he was in the Orange R/T, it was the best Charger I have ever seen, it looked better than they came from the factory.Lucky boy getting to have a blast in that.

#65 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

And some more

So is the 4 Hindhaugh Wigston Car the real deal, or a replica like the 5 Brock Sampson Car? <Not sure if links to posts is going to work - they don't>.

The 1974 Yellow 5 car is a replica, but a real L34!!!

No its a replica, its the ( replica of the car Brock drove about 12 mths after the other, so Im told.

Had a top weekend, bit tired from all the driving, but great selection of cars, met a few forum members and had a chat, weather was perfect, pity we have to wait 12 mths for it again.

#66 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

great pics Rod, where was the chickadee car? didnt see it on sunday

Rod there is always the classic speed fest at Lakeside - supposed to be similar but obviously smaller - i have a thread in the circuit racing section here. Its in 2 weekends time

#67 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

The car was in a major crash saturday, people were hurt bad, that car was really badly damaged, cars impounded, track closed for an hour with the police taking pics, cant confirm the rumours about the camaro driver.

#68 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

The car was in a major crash saturday, people were hurt bad, that car was really badly damaged, cars impounded, track closed for an hour with the police taking pics, cant confirm the rumours about the camaro driver.

I swear that car is cursed. Love the car though, still remember Gricey taking off like a bat out of hell that year at Bathurst (85/86?) like there was no tomorrow, sticking it up the big budget factory teams, only to cook it!!!!

Hope the peeps will be OK.

Thanks for your reply Rod. Sounds like you had fun. Hopefully this summer, things are going to be good for the 2010 season, but prolly not this event.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 07 September 2009 - 11:41 PM.

#69 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Passed Craig on the way in, think he was in the Orange R/T, it was the best Charger I have ever seen, it looked better than they came from the factory.Lucky boy getting to have a blast in that.

Hi Rocket, yes I remember being waved past you around turn 4. It was a great opportunity to have a go round Eastern Creek in a genuine E49 big tank. I was very nervous as its a rare and expensive car (for sale for $280K) and didn't go too hard but still had a heap of fun. Got up to about 120 MPH on the main straight and had it a bit sideways here and there. :rockon:

Posted Image

The stewards pulled me up a couple of times as the left side fuel cap was leaking quite badly and spilling fuel all over the place. Ordered me to the scrutineers shed and they then spent 20 minutes admiring the car and forgot about the fuel leak!!

Your car looked great on the track, as did all the other heritage hot lap cars.

My mate Ed had a ball in the STP Commodore - except when he got hit in the drivers side on Saturday afternoon Lots of race tape but an expensive day out when all the sign writing is hand painted.

Posted Image

I've got heaps of video and plenty of pictures and will post them when I get a chance to organise everything.

Edited by CraigA, 07 September 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#70 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:32 AM

^^^ yeah I noticed the colour coded tape, shame about the damage

#71 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

one of the Kiwi Central Muscle Cars - they have pretty liberal rules (basically a V8 supercar with an old shell)

That's a little harsh, the rules are very liberal but I don't think they're V8 supertaxis. I haven't seen any in person (wrong part of the country) but a few of the cars have been featured on TV and although somewhat modified they all seem to be built on the standard car, some still have leaf springs I believe. Got to make it interesting somehow, and its pretty cool that they race for a chocolate fish!

Some great photos in here, thanks for sharing!

#72 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Here are a few pictures. More can be found here

This was so cool when both yellow sedans turned up at once to join Rocket's hatch.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The STP was perfect at the start of Saturday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not so after being punted in the side in the first Group A/C race on Saturday afternoon.

Posted Image

Check out the rear tyres/rims. They look like they should be on a drag car.

Posted Image

A well used Group C racer.

Posted Image

This trailer was surrounded by 4 LJ's.

Posted Image

This is the engine bay of the pink NZ Muscle Cars LJ. 370HP and high build quality. Had a long chat to the owner. Engine was fresh and they were limiting it to 7500rpm, usually redlines it at 8000rpm.

Lots of money and effort in all the NZ cars, and a good bunch of guys. It was a shame to see four of the cars pretty much destroyed. That Chickadee car was a mess, as was a red Mustang.

Posted Image

Sex on wheels.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Another Duggan/J-Zed headed racer.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My mate Ed who owns the Charger even shook my hand after I flogged his car around. Top bloke, and very generous for giving me the opportunity.

Posted Image

Edited by CraigA, 08 September 2009 - 09:08 AM.

#73 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

one of the Kiwi Central Muscle Cars - they have pretty liberal rules (basically a V8 supercar with an old shell)

That's a little harsh, the rules are very liberal but I don't think they're V8 supertaxis. I haven't seen any in person (wrong part of the country) but a few of the cars have been featured on TV and although somewhat modified they all seem to be built on the standard car, some still have leaf springs I believe. Got to make it interesting somehow, and its pretty cool that they race for a chocolate fish!

Some great photos in here, thanks for sharing!

Sorry 76, I didn't mean that as a payout. They are fantastic cars and awesome racing. I wasn't meaning in the sense that they are all the same and its just follow the leader and no one gets sideways. There was lots of sideways! I just meant in the fact that they have big brakes, big wheels and tyres and better cages that actually strengthen the cars rather than for safety like the old group c/a cars and have a few other trick bits of technology thrown into the mix. I think its a fantastic series though.

#74 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

Haha no worries, I guess my comment was a bit harsh if you like V8 Supercars!

#75 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the great pics

Oh and is this the real one or the fake one :<_<: ?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users