#26 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hey Mick, what's happened to the Toranafest website and forum. They don't work now. For me anyway.

#27 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hey Mick, what's happened to the Toranafest website and forum. They don't work now. For me anyway.

Hey, not sure why it's down..

I will find out and get it sorted

cheers
Mick

#28 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hi all

I have just had a meeting with the Motel and we are currently coming up with some pricing packages that will be not only be more even across the board, but will include things like the Sat night "Meet and Greet" BBQ and also the Sunday night Dinner for those staying on..

This year, we are encouraging Clubs to make group bookings (and pay the basic costs as a group) as this will be a huge help to all, and this type of booking will attract a discount off the accomodation bill.

We hope to have detailed info by the end of Feb and I will be sending the info out to the clubs.

Now is the time for the clubs to start looking at initial planning for your Toranafest Weekend.

As far as what does Toranafest holds this year...

It was muted last year that we may incorporate a Hill Climb Event on the Sat as part of Toranafest. Due to various reasons, we will not be persuing this for 2010.

What we are looking at though, is a racing (1/2)day at one of the local Go Kart Tracks on the Sat Arvo!! It will basically be a bit of fun with possibly a bit of inter club competition happening as well.. Trophies, etc will be up for grabs and women will be invited to join in the action!! The venue is great as it's indoors, has siutable viewing areas and a function room that overlooks the track and where the cars can be parked!!

As for pricing, we are looking at between $40 - $60 per person.. There may even be a Celebrity Race or two...

What I need from you people is an indication of how many might be interested in this...

Also this year, we have the Shannons Super Rig!! This will be the focal point of Sunday's activities...

With the theme being "Living in the 70's", we will be holding a fashion contest to judge the best Men's and Ladies fashions.

We will be "Living in the 70's" with the help of period music and radio adverts, all day!!

It promises to be a great day and I have no doubt that we will go close to breaking last year's record of 246 cars!!

As I have more info, I will pass it on..

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 28 January 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#29 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

theme being "Living in the 70's",

Does that mean all of the 69 LC and the HB owners won't be able to go this year :tease: TIC

Already have some ideas for 2010 Toranafest :spoton:

Regards ...... Barry

#30 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

Does that mean all of the 69 LC and the HB owners won't be able to go this year :tease: TIC

Regards ...... Barry

Fine, I'll go have my own HB Fest :tease:

#31 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:47 AM

Regards ...... Barry

There will be 2 of you there providing the other one makes it all the way from Adelaide? :dontknow:

Edited by rodomo, 29 January 2010 - 01:49 AM.

#32 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

party of one.

#33 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

HAHA! Dad'll cry. He loves HB's! Why? who knows. Posted Image

#34 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

[

There will be 2 of you there providing the other one makes it all the way from Adelaide? :dontknow:

At last years Toranafest, I was talking to a forum member who said his HB would be ready for this year. He lived closer than SA too...

#35 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

G'day all Toranafestites and potential Festites.

We've had some great guests at Toranafest like Harry, Bev Brock, Bobby Morris, Fred Gibson, Colin Bond, Des West and the Nowacki Bros so I thought I might draw up my wish list :) like :-

God willing our much beloved Harry, Phil Brock, John Harvey, Alan Moffat, Bob Jane,Captain Peter Janson, Gentleman Jim Richards, Charlie O'brien, Garry Rogers, John Fitzpatrick, Wayne Negus, Barry Seton, Warren Cullen, Brian Muir, Gary Cooke, Doug Chivas, Allan Grice, John Leffler, Don Holland, Brian Sampson, Kevin Bartlett, Christine Cole, Sandra Bennett, Bruce McPhee and the very famous Sir Jack Brabham.

S'pose you can see a pattern there with that lot mostly being Torana drivers at some stage of their life. :spoton:

Not too sure if any of those have been before my time at Toranafest and not sure if any are no longer with us but I'm sure the Toranafest organisers have already started on the guest invites.

Regards ... Barry

#36 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

we can only hope BUT barry there is no more room left on your glove box lid anyways.

#37 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

Well there is a spot below Bev, a tiny bit above Bev, could squeeze one between Colin Bond and Des West and another between Des and Gil Tucker :spoton:

Posted Image

Could always start on either side of the "SS" on the ash-tray :tease:

My top pick of the guest list is of course Harry followed closely by the lovely Bev :clappin:

Regards ... Barry

#38 _REDLJ_

_REDLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hi all

I have just had a meeting with the Motel and we are currently coming up with some pricing packages that will be not only be more even across the board, but will include things like the Sat night "Meet and Greet" BBQ and also the Sunday night Dinner for those staying on..

This year, we are encouraging Clubs to make group bookings (and pay the basic costs as a group) as this will be a huge help to all, and this type of booking will attract a discount off the accomodation bill.

We hope to have detailed info by the end of Feb and I will be sending the info out to the clubs.

Now is the time for the clubs to start looking at initial planning for your Toranafest Weekend.

As far as what does Toranafest holds this year...

It was muted last year that we may incorporate a Hill Climb Event on the Sat as part of Toranafest. Due to various reasons, we will not be persuing this for 2010.

What we are looking at though, is a racing (1/2)day at one of the local Go Kart Tracks on the Sat Arvo!! It will basically be a bit of fun with possibly a bit of inter club competition happening as well.. Trophies, etc will be up for grabs and women will be invited to join in the action!! The venue is great as it's indoors, has siutable viewing areas and a function room that overlooks the track and where the cars can be parked!!

As for pricing, we are looking at between $40 - $60 per person.. There may even be a Celebrity Race or two...

What I need from you people is an indication of how many might be interested in this...

Also this year, we have the Shannons Super Rig!! This will be the focal point of Sunday's activities...

With the theme being "Living in the 70's", we will be holding a fashion contest to judge the best Men's and Ladies fashions.

We will be "Living in the 70's" with the help of period music and radio adverts, all day!!

It promises to be a great day and I have no doubt that we will go close to breaking last year's record of 246 cars!!

As I have more info, I will pass it on..

cheers
Mick

2 people for the cart racing at least from my family!
do they have red carts?.........................they go faster!

#39 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

God willing our much beloved Harry, Phil Brock, John Harvey, Alan Moffat, Bob Jane,Captain Peter Janson, Gentleman Jim Richards, Charlie O'brien, Garry Rogers, John Fitzpatrick, Wayne Negus, Barry Seton, Warren Cullen, Brian Muir, Gary Cooke, Doug Chivas, Allan Grice, John Leffler, Don Holland, Brian Sampson, Kevin Bartlett, Christine Cole, Sandra Bennett, Bruce McPhee and the very famous Sir Jack Brabham.

You missed Dick Johnson.

#40 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

^^ Yep, I noticed that too.

I think he deserves an invite :D

Posted Image

#41 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

This year, we are encouraging Clubs to make group bookings (and pay the basic costs as a group) ....

Organising runs at local and state level, I think you will find that this will not happen IMHO. Better off just letting peeps make their own arrangements, and declaring which Club they are with, if any. The Clubs have alot of difficulty getting their shit together. Just the way it is, mainly because they are all volunteers, mostly run by already busy over-committed people.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 February 2010 - 08:28 AM.

#42 _ronaldoredsox_

_ronaldoredsox_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

I am planning to make my first trek to Toranafest this year. In peveious years, we've been away on family holidays during September, but, my daughter is doing VCE this year so we won't be going away. But, I will. To Newc. I hope. I've always wanted to go. The drive from Melbourne will be awesome; I currently plan to take the A9X for the run. Bring it on. R

Edited by ronaldoredsox, 13 February 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#43 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

^ If you are, maybe I should.

#44 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

no sorry yellow cars are banned ^^^^

#45 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

ha!
217 days now all :) :spoton:

#46 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

This year, we are encouraging Clubs to make group bookings (and pay the basic costs as a group) ....

Organising runs at local and state level, I think you will find that this will not happen IMHO. Better off just letting peeps make their own arrangements, and declaring which Club they are with, if any. The Clubs have alot of difficulty getting their shit together. Just the way it is, mainly because they are all volunteers, mostly run by already busy over-committed people.

Hi Yella

mate, surprisingly last year there were alot of clubs booking as groups. I know that this year the Sydney Torana Club has already booked 10 rooms, which is a first for the club!! Historically, tey have made the trek on the Sunday morning.

it is something that we, and the motel are trying and hopefully it will eliviate some of the problems from last year.

I can tell you now, that we have again secured overnite security for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Nights!!

cheers
Mick

#47 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

G'day all Toranafestites and potential Festites.

We've had some great guests at Toranafest like Harry, Bev Brock, Bobby Morris, Fred Gibson, Colin Bond, Des West and the Nowacki Bros so I thought I might draw up my wish list :) like :-

S'pose you can see a pattern there with that lot mostly being Torana drivers at some stage of their life. :spoton:

Not too sure if any of those have been before my time at Toranafest and not sure if any are no longer with us but I'm sure the Toranafest organisers have already started on the guest invites.

Regards ... Barry

I have got to say Baz, you really put the pressure on!! The amount of names that you have posted probably cover about 10 Toranafests.

The shortlist of people that we are chasing for this year are;

Des West
Colin Bond
Bruce and Ned Nowacki
Phil Brock
Jim Richards
Bob Morris
Bev Brock
Don Holland
Gil Tucker
Judy McBurney
Joe Felice, and
John Sheppard

as you can see, that is a pretty full list and if we can land five or six, I will be pretty happy!!

The great thing is that there are so many personalities from that era that we will be having celebraties there for years to come..

Of course, the highlight of Toranafest 2010 will be seeing Baz in the ol' safari suit...

cheers
Mick

#48 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hi Yella

mate, surprisingly last year there were alot of clubs booking as groups. I know that this year the Sydney Torana Club has already booked 10 rooms, which is a first for the club!! Historically, tey have made the trek on the Sunday morning.

it is something that we, and the motel are trying and hopefully it will eliviate some of the problems from last year.

I can tell you now, that we have again secured overnite security for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Nights!!

cheers
Mick

Further to the above, upon leaving last year I reserved a slab of units at the rear of the motel for all the ACT people. :)

Cheers
Herne

#49 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

we may go to another motel if all we get is the crappy front units again, we booked the rear ones months out and they changed us.

#50 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

we may go to another motel if all we get is the crappy front units again, we booked the rear ones months out and they changed us.

Hey Kev

what was the problem with your rooms last year??

I would be keen to know.

PLease keep in mind that last year the motel changed ownership and it was a steep! learning curve for the new owners and staff..

I know that with regards to the BBQ, etc they have bent over backwards to accommodate our requests.

cheers
Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users