Photo

Toranafest 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
671 replies to this topic

#76 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

DJ, that sounds like a good plan, it'd be great to drive down with some other fellas.

If you dont want to take one of yours or your old mans cars or something pops up and you cant take anything, Ive got no dramas with us taking my LX.

That way we could pick up blokes along the way, share the driving, and get there safely.

Cheers mate

#77 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Cant wait.....
Posted Image

UPDATE 12.5 per cent of making toranafest this year in Carol , and i can,t wait either

#78 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

QTCC will be making the trek again and just like last year, any QLD'ers who would like to join our convoy are most welcome. I will also get onto Smiley and see if the QTCC and GTR club would like to join forces for the trip down (if you read this Darryn and think its a good idea, let me know).

We are also thinking about extending our journey and heading to Bathurst on Monday to do a few laps and go to the museum. Will probably stay overnight and then make our way back home.

Is anyone else interested in going to Bathurst on the Monday?

#79 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

I may be interested in that, may as well make a holiday of it.

Cheers.

#80 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Wow what a cruise, Newcastle to Bathurst.

#81 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

I was planning on going past Bathurst on the way home this year. More than up for a convoy there.

#82 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

I could go home via Bathurst and down the Olympic Highway which is hardly any difference in distance for me.

Could meet up with Bruce (TBM) & John (frash da bucket)at Katoomba and go for walkies around the old Catalina Track but that of course is if they are available.

Be in mind that the local gendarmes are pretty hot on the Mountain and the locals are quick to tee them up ;)

Regards .... Barry

#83 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Damn straight, I havent had an actual holiday (where you go away and do nothing sorta holiday) in......er..? 10-12 years?

I bet you havent had much of a holiday lately either.

Cheers.

#84 _tweetytorana_

_tweetytorana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

We are going to head home via Bathurst too - just too tempting not to.

#85 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

Did the go home via Bathurst with Barry 2 years ago did the old Catalina Track with TBM and frash da bucket
Then did 2 laps at Bathurst and got the rain up the top of the mountain.
Checked out National Motor Racing Museum well worth doing all the above.

Barry does the Beat the peak hour traffic run so he leaves very early from newcastle and has plenty of time for lunch at bathurst

#86 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi All

I would just like to let you all know that we have secured PB for Toranafest this year..

That's Phil Brock for those of you thinking otherwise... :clappin:

cheers
Mick

#87 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

Excellent Mick, this thing just keeps on getting better!

#88 _covert_LC_

_covert_LC_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

Going to be there ,cant wait.Only looking because my torana is under restoration.

#89 _tweetytorana_

_tweetytorana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Just a quick warning to anyone booking their accomadation online.

I ended up ringing when the form wanted me to hire a car...guy at the Motel says there's a scam going around where they leech deposits for bookings that weren't actually made so double check the address bar each time you click something.

EDIT - 

This Motel (PM Jo for details) does not appear to be the problem, just when you attempt to book online.

It is recommended that all members booking accommodation phone rather than booking online. If you would like to stay at the recommended location (with security for the cars) PM Graham/lx3008 for details - please note, no details of this location should be listed on the forum.

Grant..

#90 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

G'day All

Talking on the dog 'n bone this arvo with Herne and it looks like we will meet up at Goulburn's southern McRubbish at about 9.30 am on the Friday before Toranafest and then travel up the Hume picking up along the way.

Probably pick up white knight on the Westlink and he won't be hard to miss :blink2: we'll just look for the cloud of smoke :tease:

Had a discussion 'bout stopping for lunch at McRubbish along the Pennant Hills rd but because of parking or lack of it, might be easier to carry on to the stop along the Newcastle Freeway near Wyong.

Toranafest is a long way of yet and nothing is set in cement so open for discussion for anyone wanting to join in on that Friday.

Of course if you can't keep up with us 2 old farts or put up with us :DOH: , then that is understandable BUT we do have a lot of fun :rockon:

Regards ... Barry

#91 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

Alright, now i gotta yell out to the QUEENSLAND boys!!!

These old farts have only got a quick drive to handle and they already have it planned, we could drive as far as they have to and still be in the same (great) state!!! (drunk??)

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

#92 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

if its the same as last year we will be leaving the gold coast early friday morning

#93 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Well I have bashed the frequent flier points and I have my ticket to fly

So come on WA boys... get onto it

#94 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

These old farts have only got a quick drive to handle and they already have it planned, we could drive as far as they have to and still be in the same (great) state!!! (drunk??)

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

:huh:

Herne

#95 _KRB88_

_KRB88_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

I'm thinking I may have to look into this... :) unsure if I would bring my LJ but I would love to come to Toranafest 2010!

#96 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

translation for those who arent great at understanding-

PopSS has already got his trip planned even though it is only half the distance of the one Bomber will have to make.

If the far north QLD guys drove the same distance as the VIC/canberra guys they would more then likely still be north of the NSW border, and thus in the same state (location) and more than likely in the same physical state (drunk!)

#97 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

Herne

The face was in reference to the term 'old farts' :P lol For those not understanding hahahaa

Cheers
Herne :blink2:

#98 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

Google maps tells me its 27hrs drive from here.

And Uni doesnt stop for Toranafest.

So, as much as I want to drive down, it looks like I will be flying down this year....and the next 4.

#99 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

Herne

The face was in reference to the term 'old farts' :P lol For those not understanding hahahaa

Cheers
Herne :blink2:

I think the term is pretty self explanitory???

#100 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

So WTF are we doing???

Cheers.

As Kev said, if we follow the same schedule as last year we will leave from the Gold Coast early on Friday morning. However, I am trying to organise a combined cruise down with the GTR XU-1 club so depending on what comes of that our schedule may change. Nothing has been discussed in detail as yet though.

We talked about the weekend at the last committee meeting and this year we will have a couple of people from the QTCC to organise and plan an itinerary for the run down, stay and drive back to Brisbane. This will be for the benefit of QTCC members and other QLD'ers attending alike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users