#52 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I've been told Nolathane isn't the best in a hot climate and tends to break after a while. I was in Darwin when I was told this.

A bit off topic but I've noticed Michelin tyres are developing small cracks in the sidewalls and across the tread face before the tread wears out.
They don't seem to like our weather? Maybe their made from nolathane? :dontknow:

Edited by rodomo, 05 January 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#53 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

EEEWWW Peddars, ripoff merchants.

Mackay still makes rubber ones???

Cheers.

Yes, not cheap but the ones I saw at a peddlers shop a few years ago were different vs Mackay in a positive way. The inner steel tube was made with a thicker wall for one thing and the quality was also better than other rubber ones I investigated straight out of 25yr old NOS boxes from Mackay.

I have all rubber and it is tight and perfect as a cruiser/tourer on the open road and through the hills.

#54 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

The inner steel tube was made with a thicker wall = less rubber = stiffer?

#55 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

A bit off topic but I've noticed Michelin tyres are developing small cracks in the sidewalls and across the tread face before the tread wears out.
They don't seem to like our weather? Maybe their made from nolathane? :dontknow:

All tyres can develop this problem, nothing unusual. Do you have some pics? There are cracks due to perishing and there are cracks due to faulty manufacture.

#56 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Perishing. I have only really noticed it on Michelin and some obscure, no-name asian brands, especially on low profiles where they have been overheated due to under inflation.

#57 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

No brand is immune to owner and/or driver abuse.

#58 _glenn l_

_glenn l_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

pedders make upper and lower control and trailing arm bushes in a heavy duty rubber that are a heap better than the mackay bushes, better in the outer shell and as the baron said the crush tube is actually a tube not a rolled peice of flat. ive fitted both and would recomend pedders rubber over mackay any day.

#59 _Torrie_Man_

_Torrie_Man_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

+1 for Pedders. I removed the Noltec from my front end due to CRUMBLING upper and lower control arm bushes and replaced with Pedders. Very Happy!

#60 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ok perhaps Pedders bushes are the go.

By ripoff merchants i didnt mean there stuff is expensive. I have no drama paying top dollar for a top product.

What i ment is a mate of mine recently went in for an under body examination, they told him pretty well every bush was rooted and need to be replaced, upon inspection pretty well all of them were serviceable, some were a touch on the worn side, most were still perfect.

Cheers.

#61 AbsynthHatch

AbsynthHatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Name:Mark

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thats pretty normal for Pedders, guess thats how they make their money

I've seen women in tears when they give them the quote for a suspension rebuild

#62 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

This particular car would have been transformed with four new shocks, instead the owner shelled out thousands.

Not a female owner either.

Cheers.

#63 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

This particular car would have been transformed with four new shocks, instead the owner shelled out thousands.

Not a female owner either.

Cheers.

Probably didn't know any better.

If he did, serves him right.

But then again, put your faith in a company you expect better service than that.

#64 _robslxhatch_

_robslxhatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

Perishing. I have only really noticed it on Michelin and some obscure, no-name asian brands, especially on low profiles where they have been overheated due to under inflation.

Pirelli's are renound for perishing too. how old are the tyres?? there is a date code on one side wall of each tyre. It will be a 4 digit code eg 0807.

#65 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

By ripoff merchants i didnt mean there stuff is expensive. I have no drama paying top dollar for a top product.

What i ment is a mate of mine recently went in for an under body examination, they told him pretty well every bush was rooted and need to be replaced, upon inspection pretty well all of them were serviceable, some were a touch on the worn side, most were still perfect.

Cheers.

Hey Bomber, I won't argue with you with reference to actually having something done by Pedders......they can be expensive! But then again, people should go to 3 different places at least for a quote, even if they are the same "chain".

I just think as far as rubber bushes go, at least have a look at the Pedders ones as they are not bad. You can still fit them yourself or have them fitted by others.

Cheers

#66 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Yeah mate for sure im hearin ya 100%.

Will do next time im in the market.

I have all genuine Holden ones in my LJ, was lucky enough to get some NOS stuff.

Cheers.

#67 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

Cheers.

Which is exactly why I give Pedders $14 whenever I buy a second hand car. I know they won't miss anything. Of course that doesn't mean I believe anything on the report.

#68 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Fair call.

But im quiet sure there could be some major structural cracks etc that they would totally miss....But the bush right beside it would be #@$^%&....

Just IMO.

Cheers.

#69 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

You if you know its faulty and still drive the car

A couple of years ago Nolathane and Noltec were both absorbed by Whiteline

This was just before these crook bushes were made I'm guessing
They may well have improved... but I've not dealt with them much and have been supplying Mackay stuff recently myself

I prefer the Mackay rubber ones too. I used them for 9 years/12000km ( never replaced them ).

#70 _Terrible One_

_Terrible One_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Oh I've got a great story about those guys.

I had just done a whole front end on a XF. Balljoints, tie rod ends, shocks, bushes etc. Customer insisted he had Pedders do the wheel alignment, I thought yeah no problem. Next morning same customer comes in ready to bash my head in. I calm him down and get some coherent words out of him and find out that this Pedders had reported to him that all his balljoints, shocks, bushes and tie rod ends need replacing before a wheel alignment can be done!

That made for an interesting phone call between me, the customer and Pedders. :furious:

#71 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:37 AM

Cheers.

funny you say that.bought all dads bushes etc for his xy from pedders and also stuck my xw on their machine got a quote for over 3g to rebush it .took it for a pinky the next day somewhere else.the only bush stuffed was the radius rod drivers side which the pink slip place changed for me. he also pointed out that the car was perfect underneath for its age and had not long been rebushed.
free money??????wtf??????
note to self buy a pedders franchise
and as for your interesting call TERRIBLE ONE i had one of those when i asked them what the go was for trying to rip me off.

Edited by rob350hatch, 23 January 2011 - 07:39 AM.

#72 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

Are pedders simply stating that the bushes show signs of wear and offering a replacement value or are they stating that they are defective and need replacing as there is a difference, their marketing can make the former sound like the later to drum up work.

#73 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

cruelly just making money from joe public who would not know any better.its the oldest trick in it just another chapter.why tell me my car needed 3 g of work when it only needed 1 radius rod bush.if i didnt know my cars then i would have got it done and got done.

#74 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

I've been told Nolathane isn't the best in a hot climate and tends to break after a while. I was in Darwin when I was told this.

try maybe now made in china.probably at the same factory that makes the red supercheap autos trolley wheels lol

#75 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

http://www.mackayrub...df/Acat_WEB.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users