Nolathene Problem?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 _bushi_

_bushi_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have had no problem with mine (superpro blue ones), are you using the proper grease supplied with the bushes and also leaving the bushes a little bit loose and the when you put the car back on the ground with weight back on the suspension then you tighten then up as per the instructions??
If you tighten the bushes at installation height then lower the car to the ground it grips the bushes and twists them, once it gets to ride height then cracks occur, then eventually they will disintergrate.
These bushes arnt ment to flex just hold things firmly in position, when rubber flex and twist and go back into original position.

Edited by bushi, 23 January 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#77 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Yep that is the biggest mistake people make
only tighten them up with the full weight of the car
this sets them in the right position and they dont get torn up when driving the car

#78 Richo

Richo

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Richo
  • Car:LH 308 4dr, LH SLR 308.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

With all these flog'd out Control Arm Bushes did any body notice a change in handling. If so what was it?

#79 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

I imagine it would just be a little rougher on the UCA as it doesn't have a firm base to pivot, I guess it severe cases could lead to cracking and or bending of UCA from too much movement in pivot point??

#80 _lxefi304_

_lxefi304_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

well i went to sell my vs ss to my sister that has been in the shed for about a month and she got 2 the servo and noticed sumthing wrong with the steering so she brought the car back.

when i looked at it i had a huge amount of toe out on both wheels.enough to completely scrub the tyres within 4km's i checked all the front end over and noticed both lower control arm bushes have crumbled.... i think they were super pro (Blue)

#81 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Take a picture of the bush so it can be identified then take the bush to the supplier and get some answers.

#82 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

ban nolathane suspension bushes that are subject to twisting forces and chop out like the rats have found a new patch to feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users