• Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:48 AM

A Pride of Torana's

Saturday cruise, preliminary itenary for comment:-

Depart Canberra 10:00am

Goulburn 10:45am

Campbelltown 12:00pm (Lunch)

Sydney Harbour Bridge 1:30pm

Keep on M4? out to Carlingford then F2 to Newcastle - I need to check this bit, but avoids shitty roads through Chatswood, etc.

Newcastle 3:00pm

Disclaimer: Strictly an enter at own risk event. It is up to you to take responsibility for yourself, your passengers, your vehicle, and any insurances you deem necessary for you and your vehicles protection.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 23 June 2010 - 07:02 AM.

#2 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

A Pride of Torana's

Keep on M4? out to Carlingford then F2 to Newcastle - I need to check this bit, but avoids shitty roads through Chatswood, etc.

Disclaimer: Strictly an enter at own risk event. It is up to you to take responsibility for yourself, your passengers, your vehicle, and any insurances you deem necessary for you and your vehicles protection.

im in meet you at pheasants nest

#3 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

A few of us Southerners?? ACT folx, are traveling up Friday morning, we dont do the bridge thing as our aim is to get there asap and be done with the drive. One usual meeting place is the first Macca's at Goulburn where Barry joins us and another is a truck stop on the M7 where we find Keith waiting.
For anyone interested please remind me to post up times as the date gets closer.

Cheers
Herne

#4 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

when you get it sorted be sure to post your plans so everybody knows exactly whats going on.

#5 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

A few of us Southerners?? ACT folx, are traveling up Friday morning, we dont do the bridge thing as our aim is to get there asap and be done with the drive. One usual meeting place is the first Macca's at Goulburn where Barry joins us and another is a truck stop on the M7 where we find Keith waiting.
For anyone interested please remind me to post up times as the date gets closer.

Cheers
Herne

Sounds like the plan for me, maybe i could join in on the Hume at the Wilton entry or thereabouts

#6 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

A Pride of Torana's

see how i go yella i might met you guys in sunny campbelltown for lunch and head off with you guys

#7 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Cheers
Herne

Sounds like the plan for me, maybe i could join in on the Hume at the Wilton entry or thereabouts

We certainly can, If you like we can agree on a time frame as the event gets closer, its a bit far out right now :)

Al.

#8 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

Only cause Al cannot think that far ahead. lol :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

cheers Keith

#9 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

hahahaha Keith , i dont think i have ever seen a post from Al without your comments after it , some funny stuff there mate..

No worries Al if we stick tothis thread regarding all our travel plans im sure we will all be right on the day :spoton:

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

No worries, thanks for the replies. I will try tie it in with the Sydney Torana Club's plans as well.

Apologies for the delayed reply, been away all week.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 25 June 2010 - 01:44 PM.

#11 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

Only cause Al cannot think that far ahead. lol :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

cheers Keith

he's right you know lol

Al.

#12 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

I will be attending this cruise to Toranafest.

I will contact you, Rob.G closer so we can leave Wollongong together, harvey might also be keen as he is staying at the motel too.

Ryan

Edited by youngy_11, 25 June 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#13 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

I will contact you, Rob.G closer so we can leave Wollongong together, harvey might also be keen as he is staying at the motel too.

Ryan

No problem Ryan , i was going to catch up with you and Harvey and see when you guys were leaving , seems like the sat morning cruise up should be good.

Edited by SS Hatchback, 25 June 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#14 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yella, i will let you know about STC meeting times as soon as i find out

Jason

#15 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Ryan

No problem Ryan , i was going to catch up with you and Harvey and see when you guys were leaving , seems like the sat morning cruise up should be good.

well that solves that sat morn it is looks like.ill ask ruts now

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Jason

Cool Jason, happy to coordinate with you guys. Pretty sure you guys depart from Thornleigh Macca's from memory.

Pat.

#17 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

Jason

Cool Jason, happy to coordinate with you guys. Pretty sure you guys depart from Thornleigh Macca's from memory.

Pat.

Correct

#18 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

10+ toranas crossing the bridge :) Sounds good

#19 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

The STC Saturday cruise is meeting between 12pm-2.pm at thornliegh Maccas

there will be a email to members shortly and discussed at next meeting

I not sure about go over the Bridge driving thru North Sydney-Chatswood on Saturday mid morning as the shopping traffic will be heavy

It would be best to stay on the Hume then M7 then M2 then Pennant Hills rd then F3 to Newcastle

#20 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

The STC Saturday cruise is meeting between 12pm-2.pm at thornliegh Maccas

there will be a email to members shortly and discussed at next meeting

I not sure about go over the Bridge driving thru North Sydney-Chatswood on Saturday mid morning as the shopping traffic will be heavy

It would be best to stay on the Hume then M7 then M2 then Pennant Hills rd then F3 to Newcastle

I have to agree, been over the bridge many times and could do without the traffic hassle.

#21 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

We don't get to go over the bridge so yeah, I promised a mate we would do it. Been over the damn thing six times just this week!!! I will adjust our timing to meet up at the correct time at Thornleigh with the STC.

Totally agree TSN, I want to avoid the old Hume through Chatswood. I have in my mind the way I want to go, which will keep us on freeways most of the way, just need to check the actual roads. I think M4 west over to the F3 is what I'm thinking. Takes you out near Carlingford/North Ryde/Dundas area. We are in no hurry. We did the Harbour Tunnel and the Hume goat track last time we went to Toranafest in 2004.

Will have a closer look during the week.

Keep us posted on the STC arrangements.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 25 June 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#22 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Pat take the bridge drive and then the M2, then onto Pennant Hills Rd through to Maccas at Thornleigh m8.

cheers Keith

#23 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

Pat take the bridge drive and then the M2, then onto Pennant Hills Rd through to Maccas at Thornleigh m8.

cheers Keith

hey just a idea how about stopping off and taking photos at milsons point under the harbour bridge next to luna park

#24 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

What a great idea Billy why don't you stand in the middle of the Harbour Bridge & take photos of the Torana's as they go past ya

#25 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

I will PM Southo (Tiny's mate) to do photos if he is available.

Yup, can do the Milson's Point thing quite easily.

I will check my maps Keith, but I think that is the way I'm thinking. Motorway out west towards Penrith, then zap across to the start of the Freeway to Newcastle that starts just North of Carlingford.

Sounding goodly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users