Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

Should we plan to meet the rest of the Guys cruising to Newcastle 2.30pm-5.00pm

Rather than go to the Motel, hopefully arriving 2.00pm-2.30pm and then double back to Newcastle???

#52 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

Always some gurls don't like travelling do they

cheers Keith

#53 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

Will work it into the plan Tony. I will work out the final details and post them up shortly.

#54 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Sounds good, a few from wollongong will be travelling up and i believe rob350hatch and Ruts are keen for an earlier meeting point. Any ideas and times ?

Picton Rd around 10??? for a easy cruise to thornleigh

So is this still the plan ? and who will be meeting at this point ?

Any ideas on how many will be cruising together from Thornleigh

#55 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thats what time i will be heading past.

#56 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

^ I plan to work that into the plan as well.

We have 3 cars travelling from Canberra, looks like two at Picton Road, and another one or two from Campbelltown McDonalds. There may be more, but that's my recollection at the moment.

I think I'm going to drop the photo shoot at Milson's Point, as I think it is going to cause more stress than its worth, and the likelihood of parks at that time of the day will be minimal + hassle of getting broken up by traffic lights getting in and out.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 09 September 2010 - 10:57 PM.

#57 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

We have 3 cars travelling from Canberra, looks like two at Picton Road, and another one or two from Campbelltown McDonalds. There may be more, but that's my recollection at the moment.

I think I'm going to drop the photo shoot at Milson's Point, as I think it is going to cause more stress than its worth, and the likelihood of parks at that time of the day will be minimal + hassle of getting broken up by traffic lights getting in and out.

but yella we should leave about i hour before gtr 469, because he is going straight to thornleigh maccas were we are detouring to go over the harbour bridge and then up to thornleigh maccas what do you guys reckon

#58 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

are you guys going to woodbine macca,s in campbelltown i will meet ya there if so ,that is were sydney torana club had there mc happy day cheers if you are

#59 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Billy , Think thats what Pat was saying , he is dropping the photo shoot and perhaps the bridge drive ??

Also why dont you just join on the hume save everyone from getting off and then back on again?

#60 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

Billy , Think thats what Pat was saying , he is dropping the photo shoot and perhaps the bridge drive ??

Also why dont you just join on the hume save everyone from getting off and then back on again?

fair enough i thought you were doing a special trip to campbelltown macca,s and i thought the bridge was still on, anyway just letting all you guys know i am easy which ever way you go cheers all

#61 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

ahh ok , i wasnt aware of it i thought we were just stopping at the thornleigh maccas but when i mentioned we were going past yur way i meant on the hume... Either way the more the merrier on the cruise up

This is gonna be good :spoton:

#62 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

The Bridge Crossing is still on, just not the photoshoot bit.

As we are sticking to the Freeways, I don't think there will be much difference between the M7 and the Bridge (M5/M2), but we will see.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 11 September 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#63 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

For those that want to break off and do the M7, then your more than welcome, we will all end up meeting up with the Sydney Torana Club at Thornliegh for a 12:30 departure at any rate.

Here is the M7 Route:

Posted Image

And my planned route over the bridge:

Posted Image

As you can see, distance-wise there isn't a whole heap of difference, so it will all come down to traffic. At the time we are pushing through it shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 11 September 2010 - 07:59 AM.

#64 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

We'll be doing the Cahill Expressway from the Eastern Distributor onto the Bridge, so you will get a awesome view of Circular Quay as well.

Oh, because you have to pay, I think they are now called Motorways rather than Freeways.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 11 September 2010 - 08:10 AM.

#65 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

just from recent experience saturday mornings are gridlock towards the city from all approaches. hope you all have plenty of fuel good radiators and if you have thermos good alternators and batteries , becuase you are going to be doing a lot of sitting. i know it would be awesome to do this route but just keep the above in mind.and pennant hills rd on saturday mornings twice now its taken me over an hour to get from m2 to f3 thanks to our pissweak governments.with little or no foresight.took my wife over 3 hours to get from rose bay to campbelltown the other saturday.

#66 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

It is not compulsory to come. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

We will be going through at about 11:00am, not morning.

Must tell you, I'm not to impressed paying an extra $30 on my rego so you guys can have better roads and rail routes in Sydney either, but that's life.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 11 September 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#67 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

Sorry Yella but i will be heading up the M7

#68 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. You pay your rego, its your car, so its up to you which way you go. If you want to join us that's fine, it's all up to you guys what you do.

Either way, whatever ends up happening it will be a blast.

I'm just on a six year promise to take my mate over the Bridge in the Torries, so that's what we'll be doing. We did the tunnel last time (2004). Where up for a four hour drive from here as it is, so half an hour either way ain't going to make that much difference.

Actually, Al (I think you are Al, apologies if not) and SS Hatchback can take the crew on the M7 and we will meet you the other side at Thornleigh. I really need to find 5s to plan this out. Maybe in the morning.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 11 September 2010 - 11:01 PM.

#69 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. You pay your rego, its your car, so its up to you which way you go. If you want to join us that's fine, it's all up to you guys what you do.

I'm just on a six year promise to take my mate over the Bridge in the Torries, so that's what we'll be doing. We did the tunnel last time (2004). Where up for a four hour drive from here as it is, so half an hour either way ain't going to make that much difference.

Actually, Al (I think you are Al, apologies if not) and SS Hatchback can take the crew on the M7 and we will meet you the other side at Thornleigh. I really need to find 5s to plan this out. Maybe in the morning.

regardless i am going the bridge with ya yella , the m7 bores the crap out of me, i reckon try and squeeze photos in if time permits on the day and just wing it hey yella

regardless i am going the bridge with ya yella , the m7 bores the crap out of me, i reckon try and squeeze photos in if time permits on the day and just wing it hey yellaPosted Image

#70 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

regardless i am going the bridge with ya yella , the m7 bores the crap out of me, i reckon try and squeeze photos in if time permits on the day and just wing it hey yella

I'm hearing you Billy, me too, M7 is a bit ordinary.

I'll have a look over to Milson's Point when we cross. If all is good, we might make a little detour. Just take lots of pics while we cross just in case.

I better have a fiddle with my GPS tonight and post some details.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 12 September 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#71 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

Based on the trusty GPS, I see the trip as follows, allowing plenty of time so there is no rush, although dependent on the amount of congestion on the Eastern Distributor from the Airport into the City:-

SATURDAY 18 Septempber 2010

8:00am - Depart Canberra Gateway Servo, Northbourne Ave
9:05am - Goulburn
10:06am - Picton Road and Hume Highway
10:25am - Arrive McDonalds Campbelltown - 312 Queen Street - cross with Cambden Road (Wee Stop)
10:35am - Depart McDonalds Campbelltown

SPLIT at Edmondson Park for M7/M5

11:10am - Cahill Expressway/Harbour Bridge
11:35am - Arrive Thornleigh McDonalds for Lunch - 218/226 Pennant Hills Road

LUNCH

12:30pm - Depart Thornleigh McDonalds
2:00pm - Arrive Newcastle

My artificial brain (GPS) tells me:
- Canberra to Newcastle via M7: 4 hours 39 Minutes
- Canberra to Newcastle via Harbour Bridge: 4 hours 54 Minutes

So if you do the M7 you will have 15 minutes for more food/fuel/bog.

Hope that suits the needs of all.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 September 2010 - 01:40 AM.

#72 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

PM me if you want my mobile for the day.

#73 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

For those needing an e-tag www.roam.com.au is the online place to go....

Al.

#74 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:03 AM

For those needing an e-tag www.roam.com.au is the online place to go....

Al.

I AM BLOODY ITCHING TO GO CAN WE GO NOW LOLPosted Image but i might be up on the foreshore on my own Posted Image oh wait here comes my old mate nigel no friends lol

#75 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

Thanks Al, your a legend.

Thanks for your number Billy, I will PM you mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users