Looks good!!

i got s short cut lol nah just kidding

#30 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Looks good!!

i got s short cut lol nah just kidding

hey keith for the photo opportunity you were i am talking about hey right outside luna park under the bridge and no i am not taking the piss it is a good place for photos but don,t know about what time wewould get there might be a bit to busy cheers all

#31 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

OK, cruise route sorted.

M5 Motorway
Cahill Expressway
Sydney Harbour Bridge
M2 Motorway out to Pennant Hills
Pennant Hills Road
F1 Freeway
^^^^^^^^^^ F3 Freeway Pat

cheers Keith

Right you are. The big highway to Newcastle anyways that heads out from the Penant Hills area.

Mmmm, the sound of rumbling Torries in the tunnels of the M5 again!!!! Woot, woot!!!

Edited by Yella SLuR, 06 July 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#32 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

OK, got onto Southo. Sydney Harbour Bridge will be difficult to get shots on, so I suggest you get a passenger with a camera for the crossing.

In terms of a photoshoot, Southo suggests Blues Point Reserve. I don't think many of you will like the view very much though, and it is easy to find/get to off the Bridge, and we get to do a lap of North Sydney!!! Can't garrantee that we can get the location car free though.

Let me know what you think. Is this something that interests peeps?

Posted Image

#33 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

Top spot!! Hope the weathers the same

#34 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

For anyone travelling up on the saturday from sydney, a group from the sydney torana club will be meeting at thornleigh maccas at 12pm for a 12.30 leave

#35 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

Sounds good, a few from wollongong will be travelling up and i believe rob350hatch and Ruts are keen for an earlier meeting point. Any ideas and times ?

#36 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

Sounds good, a few from wollongong will be travelling up and i believe rob350hatch and Ruts are keen for an earlier meeting point. Any ideas and times ?

Picton Rd around 10??? for a easy cruise to thornleigh

#37 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Around the wilton entry to the Hume ?

#38 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

so what time you guys going through campbelltown all i will join youse guys for the run up

#39 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

Yeah Rob, if anyone else has any suggestions then post em up

#40 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

hey pat what time are you looking at hitting the f3 i leaving after work on friday to meet up with john gong at motel

#41 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

I'll work it out, and post shortly, so we can lunch at Thornleigh, before cruising up with the STC.

I'm planning this for the Saturday. Don't know how that matches with your Friday departure.

Will also look forward to catching up with Gong.

Cheers for now.

#42 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

so what time you guys going through campbelltown all i will join youse guys for the run up

Well if we will be at the wilton entry around 10 then i would imagine we would be going past you not much after that

#43 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Just a suggestion guys & gals there will be a cruise on at Newcastle at about 2.30pm so if u lot want to join in i would suggest that you all leave an hour so earlier just so you can join in the big cruise through Newcastle that afternoon.

cheers Keith

#44 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

If we leave from Thornleigh at 12:30 we should get there by 2:30pm shouldn't we?

I'm planning to reschedule it so we now have lunch at Thornleigh, so we can join on with the STC departing Thornleigh at 12:30pm.

Sound like a plan? I'll rework the rest of the times based on your advice Keith. So is 12:30 Thornleigh workable?

Edited by Yella SLuR, 22 August 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#45 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

If we leave from Thornleigh at 12:30 we should get there by 2:30pm shouldn't we?

I'm planning to reschedule it so we now have lunch at Thornleigh, so we can join on with the STC departing Thornleigh at 12:30pm.

Sound like a plan? I'll rework the rest of the times based on your advice Keith. So is 12:30 Thornleigh workable?

Pat

if you leave Thornleigh at 12.30 you should get to the motel at around 2.00pm.

I do Maryland to the end of the freeway in about an hour and that's sitting on the speed limit..

hope that helps..

cheers
Mick

#46 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

^ Yella is also going to be without it's new cruise weapon :( It will be ready but not fitted by Toranafest. Maybe I should make a small display stand for it!!!

Oh well, next year, not that you will see much difference.

#47 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

^ Yella is also going to be without it's new cruise weapon :( It will be ready but not fitted by Toranafest. Maybe I should make a small display stand for it!!!

Oh well, next year, not that you will see much difference.

I dare say some would be interested in a small display, not all know how it all works, some may have never seen one :)

Having SatNav will make a huge difference in navigating Sydney (unlike the previous attempt)
So all should go well mate. Shame I cant make it to T/fest this year but thats life.
Any day now the committee should have my entry with Danny Reed as the driver.

Cheers
Al.

#48 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

Time stands still for no man Al.

Looking forward to it, Trev has been on at me to take the cars across the bridge for years. Even if it is just him and me (I'm sure it won't be), it will be fantastic.

#49 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

Time stands still for no man Al.

Looking forward to it, Trev has been on at me to take the cars across the bridge for years. Even if it is just him and me (I'm sure it won't be), it will be fantastic.

hey all i think we might need e tags for the m2 am i right i am not sure all cheers billywest p.s. i will steal the wifes lol
Posted Image

#50 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

^ Yep you will need an Etag or ring the magic number, or get a weekly pass. I don't think you pay a fee for going North on the Bridge. I will also post up details of the E-Tag with the assistance of Herne in the next few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users