_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Awesome.... Great colour choice...

#252 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Mmm cavity wax. I did that to mine two weekends ago, Though i did it with a 20lt drum and a body deadner gun borroewd from work lol.

Cheers.

How much of the 20lt did you go through? Is is more cavity wax than car? I've gone through two of those cans, looks to be sufficient.

#253 _SLR Torrie_

_SLR Torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Great to see this bad boy almost finished! Congrats on the shell. Looks fantastic! Especially after all the effort you put in. Well deserved.

John.

#254 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Put about 4lt into it scraped 250mls or so off the floor.

#255 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Pretty much have all of the interior in. The hoodlining went in alot easier than I thought, spose it should since it is the original one. Funds don't quite extend to retrimming the seats, but I have some NOS brocade to suit so it will be done eventually.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a guy coming to put in the screens some time this week so spent some time picking out the best pieces I have (I have enough trim for two cars) and polishing them up.

Posted Image

#256 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

You've done an excellent job with this car. Panel work is first class & the paintwork gleams, can't wait to see this car finished.

#257 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

I had so much trouble picking the best chromework from my piles!

every time you look you find one thats a little better here, but worse there etc.

drove me mad! haha

#258 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

^^ Cheers, your comments really mean alot Matt.

^ I'm trying to give my remaining pieces away (all in good condition) but no one wants them!

Car is back on the road and all legal tegal (but not without some problems along the way). Took it for a burn down the road and round the corner to see some mates. Will do a proper photo update tomorrow but here is a quick pick the missis took.

Posted Image

#259 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Very nice!

Love the plates too!

congrats on getting it all done and regoed, its come a LONG way since you began.

#260 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Wow! You sure didn't muck around assembling everything. Congrats on getting it registered. Very keen to see some more photos.

#261 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Looks fantastic.

More pics please :spoton:

#262 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

So here is the story....

Last friday morning had some guys come round to fit the screens (I had purchased a new screen), had it done, chucked the chrome on, gave it a quick wash and headed down to get a warrent. Passed its warrant with flying colours (not a thing wrong with it), by this stage I was getting real excited. Went to head up the road to pay for the rego, then puff, engine died and there was some nasty electrical smoke from under the dash. Borrowed some tools from a garage nearby to whip the column down to see that the ignition switch was fried, not only the the coil feed wire was fried as well. The least I can say I was heartbroken. Luckily for me some guys from the paint shop were going past and were able to two me the couple hundred metres to the auto sparky (all of this is within 1k of my house). He is a pretty good guy and was able to sort it by tues. Traced the problem to some wires shorting out on the metal cover of the dizzy module which is also likely to have caused the alarm to fry itself when it was at the paint booth.

Never mind, alls well that ends well. I have it on the road, been tearing (though not literally) up the pavement in it for the last 24 hrs and doing the rounds to show it to all of those who have been involved.

Enought talk, here's some pickies....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#263 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

#264 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Save me going back through the pages, what engine are you running?

#265 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Save me going back through the pages, what engine are you running?

Just a wee 308, nothing fancy in the details

#266 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well done Sam,

Must be great feeling to finally be able to drive it round, have fun!

#267 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well done Sam good to see it all back together and on the road :clap:

#268 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Congratulations on finally getting it on the road, now all that heart ache and hard work has paid off, ENJOY.

So what's next, gonna do a Torry :D

#269 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Looks nice mate really needs a new interior now!..hey btw, i was looking through your youtube vid and i noticed at around 48-49secs in there is what looks like a big dent in the drivers side rear door.. :cry:

#270 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Looks nice mate really needs a new interior now!..hey btw, i was looking through your youtube vid and i noticed at around 48-49secs in there is what looks like a big dent in the drivers side rear door.. :cry:

shyt i just had another look and im pretty sure i seen the same thing.... just above the swage line in the middle ??? there isnt one there is there Sam ???

Edited by nial8r, 25 January 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#271 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Again, top job there Sam, that panel work looks pin straight. After following this thread myself for some time, i think alot of folks would find it difficult to believe it's the same car. It's one thing to take a good clean car & give it a paint job, but to completely rebuild, for the most part by yourself, a rusted & poorly repaired 40yo car into what you have is truely an outstanding effort. Bet it turns plenty of heads as you're driving it around & rightly so. 10/10!!

#272 _wblje_

_wblje_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

you can add that to your talent list if you redo your own interiour.......;)

#273 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

shyt i just had another look and im pretty sure i seen the same thing.... just above the swage line in the middle ??? there isnt one there is there Sam ???

Relax, relax, relax. What you are seeing in the vid is the reflection of the wheel of the austin in the door (take another look). Around that area of the door there is a large change in shape and it must have been just the way I was holding the camera made it look like a dent. So drama averted....

And yes, it does feel great to drive it, it picks up off the line smooth and quick, changes through the gears easy as and just glides along the road.

Thanks for all the kind words, you eco what alot of other people have said to me Matt. Most of the guys in my car club live round me and I've been up to show them the wheels. They all think I am a brave man painting it such a dark colour but most of the body work is pretty good. In hindsight they are probably right, most people wouldnt have the balls to start slicing an old car to fix it up (and follow it to the end) but I've never been one to shy away from teaching myself and just getting it there. I just hope I can get better at it in following years/projects.

#274 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

So what's next, gonna do a Torry :D

I would really like to do a torry one day, if one pops up for reasonable coin and not too far of a drive away (and I have the $$$) I probably will get it. I now have 3 cars and unless i win the lottery I will probably have to sell one of them in the future, which I don't like doing, I've only ever sold one car. I'd like to build the missis a daily and I think an LH/LX with v6 commodore running gear would be perfect....

#275 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Came out really nice, and cool number plate ! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users