hi i was just wondering if any one could help me out -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

hi i was just wondering if any one could help me out -

i have a LC 1972 ( id tags were removed when i got it ) torana - VIN - 6J9P0100022PD0036 the id plate was removed and i have never seen it - if any one could give me some info it would be greatley appreciated im very excited bout finding anything out if any photos are needed i will post them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks .

#2 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

What is the chassis number stamped into the passenger side inner guard next to the engine?

Grant..

#3 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

What is the chassis number stamped into the passenger side inner guard next to the engine?

Grant..

i cant find it the spray paint job is extreamly thick
is it on a plate or into the acctual gard?
because there are no plates on the car at all all i have is the vin number plate
i know sometimes you can tell by the way the fuel lines run in the boot? will attach pictures

Attached Files

#4 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

The vin number u have posted is not Holden, where did u get that from ? U obviously have researched enough to put up boot photos like that, one of the experts should chime in soon, I don't think it's an xu1.... Nice car anyway..

#5 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

The chassis number will be either under or very near that three way fuel distro block on the PS inner guard.

Cheers.

#6 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

The vin number u have posted is not Holden, where did u get that from ? U obviously have researched enough to put up boot photos like that, one of the experts should chime in soon, I don't think it's an xu1.... Nice car anyway..

thank you for your help here are some more pictures .
so if i have the sellers details and its not the vin for the car what should i do?

Attached Files

#7 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

The chassis number will be either under or very near that three way fuel distro block on the PS inner guard.

Cheers.

picture with the 3 way fuel distro removed no numbers ............................. very erratating

Attached Files

#8 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

It may help if you take a close up picture of the triangle bracket that the linkage use to work off before it was converted to cable,behind of the motor , passenger side .

Edited by threeblindmice, 03 February 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#9 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

Start by cleaning all that crap off then u may see something....

#10 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

having the sellers details and a recept,is a good start.

there should be a chassis number where you have pictured,maybe look from under guard,there maybe something to see from under there,even if you paint strip,as this will be needed for rego.the number is quiet large and shows up underneath.

nice car.

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 03 February 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#11 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

there should be a chassis number where you have pictured,maybe look from under guard,there maybe something to see from under there,even if you paint strip,as this will be needed for rego.the number is quiet large and shows up underneath.

nice car.

it has been registerd since ive had it but the rego just says torana .

It may help if you take a close up picture of the triangle bracket that the linkage use to work off before it was converted to cable,behind of the motor , passenger side .

the bit with the pin on the left and hole on the right looking at the PS from the front like under the heater hoses?

#12 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

The triangle one with the post sticking up ,yeh under the heater hoses.
Can you see the back of the flutes ,through a hole behind the gaurd ,sometimes it has a plate screwed on , to cover the hole ?

Edited by threeblindmice, 03 February 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#13 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

triangle part for the linkages?

Attached Files

#14 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Start by cleaning all that crap off then u may see something....

nice car.

cant see/feel any thing wheels prolly going to come off

Attached Files

#15 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

The triangle one with the post sticking up ,yeh under the heater hoses.
Can you see the back of the flutes ,through a hole behind the gaurd ,sometimes it has a plate screwed on , to cover the hole ?

back of the 1/4 panel flutes? behind the front wheel?

#16 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

That bracket was part of a GTR linkage , with no tags it doesn't help much ,but it could be a tagless GTR . also look under the guard where the brake booster stay bracket bolts to the body , and see if there is an old hole welded up 2 inches back from the one thats now being used .

#17 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

?
[/quote]

back of the 1/4 panel flutes? behind the front wheel?
[/quote]

Yes

#18 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

That bracket was part of a GTR linkage , with no tags it doesn't help much ,but it could be a tagless GTR . also look under the guard where the brake booster stay bracket bolts to the body , and see if there is an old hole welded up 2 inches back from the one thats now being used .

cant see one but could it have been bogged when the motor bay was sprayed?

Attached Files

#19 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

might help if you clean it so you can actually see slight number / letter indentations if they are there

#20 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

might help if you clean it so you can actually see slight number / letter indentations if they are there

thats the drivers side the number should be on the PS yeah ?

#21 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

if no numbers whats on your rego sticker, it should have chassis number on lable,,next step is to start sanding area where number should be (you can repaint it )later or just leave a neat area with no paint over numbers,
if none are where they are normally then most likely car is stolen as no one removes numbers for any other reason, but most likey just too much paint.

#22 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

if no numbers whats on your rego sticker, it should have chassis number on lable,,next step is to start sanding area where number should be (you can repaint it )later or just leave a neat area with no paint over numbers,
if none are where they are normally then most likely car is stolen as no one removes numbers for any other reason, but most likey just too much paint.

the first number i put up is whats on the rego as the V I N (6j9p0100022pd0036) the engine number is 186A147479 but its a 202 dont think origanal

#23 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

If the engine number starts with 186 and the block has 202 cast into the side then someone has restamped your motor.

#24 _alisha_

_alisha_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

If the engine number starts with 186 and the block has 202 cast into the side then someone has restamped your motor.

yeah thats why i dont think the 202 is orig havent checked the motor stamp where would it be ?

#25 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

Next to the distributer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users