• Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Its a penny farthing bicycle worth about 1k i guess

#227 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Like this but itll be boxed up

front wheel is 48" so i assume it will need a 60" high and long box and maybe 20" wide

.Attached File  Boneshaker_Standard_2013_95.jpg   86.47K   3 downloads

#228 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

So you paid a grand for it then?  (I have to declare everything of course in the container and everything is invoiced is all..) and that is a pretty good sized thing then !

So if the box is like 5 feet square and around 2 feet thick, at a $1000...you'd be looking at $600 all up to land it.

Is it going to be a cardboard box as well ? If it is timber crate...need to think of quarantine is all...(and heavy too obviously)

#229 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...-/151202654840?

That one I guess ?

Sure looks wobbly to ride, ha ha..

#230 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

haven't pulled the trigger yet. but i hope to soon. that ebay ad looks like the manufacturer 

here is his website if you want to see what he does. http://www.hiwheel.com/

i think he also makes replica canons too.

i've got a small collection of bikes and i've always wanted a penny farthing. never ridden one though. but it looks like fun. 

#231 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

i think he also makes replica canons too.

Thanks, but no thanks...I don't need Customs keeping an eye on me for any sort of reason, ha ha..

You would need one of those olde timey Pommy hats to wear while riding one at least though. :)

#232 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

There is a reason they are rare these days.........  :)

#233 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

No one that had one, could figure out how to ride and steer at the same time, and they all went over a cliff?

:D

#234 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

There is a reason they are rare these days.........  :)

You'd think they're probably just as dangerous as an 8 Litre Torana, so whats the difference? :driving:  

Edited by Matvex, 17 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#235 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

More dangerous!

#236 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

At least with a Torana you have 4 wheels and don't have to worry about tipping over, ha ha.

#237 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

When shipping an older motorbike - say 70s or 80s, is there any compliance to pay here to put it on club rego? Or is that just on new bikes?

#238 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

If it is pre- '88 you are good to go as far as no compliance and being able to ship it over there. (I can't say the specifics on club rego though...)

#239 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Nearly that time again now.. my buddy flies over next week, and we will be starting to load containers straight away pretty much, if anyone needs anything sent over, just holler.

#240 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

I'm loading the first of the containers today...but still a couple weeks and few more containers to go. :)

#241 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hey Jeff

Flying in to LA  on Sat  morning i have seen an absolute shitload of things in Texas in the last 2 weeks that i would love to put in your containers  :tongue4:

Dreams are free i suppose , 

#242 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Can always get them transported back here... and I can get them to Melbourne at least :D

#243 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hey Jeff

How is the weather there i am starting to get nervous about tomorrows flight,i almost cancelled it today  but my mate in San Diego  reckoned we should be ok?

#244 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hey Jeff

How is the weather there i am starting to get nervous about tomorrows flight,i almost cancelled it today  but my mate in San Diego  reckoned we should be ok?

Tell us a bit about you trip mate? Where have you been and what are these cities like?

There is only one place I have wanted to travel to and thats the states. Never been out of Aust yet and hope to take the family to the states in about 5 years when my two boys are old enough to remember it.

We hope to start in LA, then to Las vegas then Dallas, Miami, work our way slowly up to New York and then over to Chicago. I would like to see Niagra Falls and fly from there to maybe Seatlle and visit Vancouver.

Then if there is money left maybe stop at Hawaii for a week to recharge the batteries before coming home. Reckon we'll need about 30k and at least 2 months to do the trip.

#245 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hey Jeff

It was crap today...rained nearly all day long...rare for here. Really rare lately actually as we are way below normal for rain. Forcast for rain all day tomorrow just about too, stinks as I will be at the Pomona swap meet then. Should clear up some for Sunday hopefully (and the swap meet that day) then should be decent this week coming hopefully. :)

#246 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

Tell us a bit about you trip mate? Where have you been and what are these cities like?

There is only one place I have wanted to travel to and thats the states. Never been out of Aust yet and hope to take the family to the states in about 5 years when my two boys are old enough to remember it.

We hope to start in LA, then to Las vegas then Dallas, Miami, work our way slowly up to New York and then over to Chicago. I would like to see Niagra Falls and fly from there to maybe Seatlle and visit Vancouver.

Then if there is money left maybe stop at Hawaii for a week to recharge the batteries before coming home. Reckon we'll need about 30k and at least 2 months to do the trip.

Dont want to threadjack   Jeff

Got home 1am this morning did 2 weeks work in Texas went to a bracket drag meet ,went to high Performance world and met an Aussie that owns the store he gave me a great deal on a new fuel pump and a tour of his cars.Went to an NBA game and saw Lebraun James score 42 points ,went to ice hockey game.

Ended up going to LA was supposed to have a Dodge Challenger SRT8  for a hire car and got shafted with a Mustang GT  (got pumped lots of times in lots of different ways throughout trip) drove down to San Diego to catch up with a mate awsome drive down the coast .

Went to Hawaii for 3 days beautiful spot but you need lotsa coin ,Pearl Harbour is a must .

Cheers Garth

#247 rana72

rana72

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hi Jeff

Have been looking at a car capsule from the states but they do not ship to Australia. Any possibility of getting it shipped via one of your containers and what would the cost be? Item is located in Indiana but we would organise to get it shipped to you. Parcel itself weighs 55lbs - not sure of the dimensions. Where does it come into Australia and how long does it need to sit with customs?

Cheers Loui

#248 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

I'd have to know a general idea of how big a package it would be ? (since not familiar with them) also need to know the value on it as well.

I only ship into Melbourne so you would have to pick it up from my mate's factory there (In the eastern suburbs)

Would need to get it pretty soon, within a week's time pretty much to get it in the last few containers I am doing in this batch. Takes about a month to get there after I load the container.

#249 rana72

rana72

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hi Jeff

Don't think I would be able to organise that within a week. Thanks for replying anyway - will keep it in mind for next time you do something like this.

Cheers Loui

#250 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

No problem at all, thanks !

And next batch of containers will be in June. (I still have 3 to get loaded and more stuff to buy now...busy busy time as always)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users