Shipping from LA to Melbourne..

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#251 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

About that time again :)

Be loading for the first 3 weeks or so of June if anything is looking to get anything sent across. :spoton:

#252 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Hi Jeff when is your next shipment due to leave? I'm thinking of getting a air intake kit from Jegs. It only weighs 15 lbs and cost $399 any idea how much to ship? I'm not sure of dimensions of the box.

#253 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am finishing the last container on this Friday (in 2 days time)  Next batch will be in October.

Can you guess at the size of the box ?  Would it be like the size of a wheel box cube or so ?  Be looking around $80 - $90 to land it or so then..

#254 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Curious what it would cost to buy & send say 2 running/rebuildable 5.3 ls motors,alloy block version?

Yet to see anyone advertise them 2nd hand for sale in oz just the new crate versions.

#255 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

No idea on cost to buy off hand, sorry...I've never looked for them...shipping them is no problem though. The iron block ones are going to be far more common of course though too.

#256 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hi Jeff,

How Much would it cost for a Good 650cfm 2bbl Holley to land here in Perth WA,

as I see some good ones over there in the US of A.

Or, should I just use eBay.

Just a thought, you might get a better one, thank's in advance.

Edited by GASPOWER, 02 August 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#257 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

I've never even heard of a 625 2bbl before ? A large flat rate box is like $81 or so to Oz...might be able to squeeze into a medium sized one that is a little cheaper of course. That is US price through the post office.

If you are talking new, just buy it from Summit and have them post it direct..

#258 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

Jeff when is the next shipment have some VW stuff need shipping to Australia

Florida is where their shop is based

#259 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

Sorry for the late reply Jeff,

just noticed now.

The 650 2bbl ( 6425 ) Holley's are an older style not made anymore, but are modified these day's to be 730 cfm etc.

You see them pop up here and there for sale, and I like 2 bbl Holleys.

Let us know if you bump into a good one, one day Mate.  :spoton:

I've never even heard of a 650 2bbl before ? A large flat rate box is like $81 or so to Oz...might be able to squeeze into a medium sized one that is a little cheaper of course. That is US price through the post office.

and thank's for the postage rates too.  B)

#260 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Postage rates have gone up and up so you can always check on the US post office web site to double check the latest rates for the flat rate boxes.

Jeff when is the next shipment have some VW stuff need shipping to Australia

Florida is where their shop is based

Next big batch of containers I'll start loading mid next month and through early November. I am loading one actually next week, sort of out of the blue a little bit and not much time to plan ahead for things I know.

#261 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

Going to start loading again in a few weeks time!   Got pushed back a little bit from when I thought from some other deals going on, but have a bunch of containers to load so if anyone needs anything sent, just holler. :)

#262 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

I'm waiting on my Columbian supplier to get my gear ready, looks like they are going to miss the boat again

Cheers Scotty

#263 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

Looks like I will be loading through most of November at this point, so a little bit of time for anyone if you have anything in mind.

#264 mac

mac

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name:steve

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Jeff, how much should I expect to pay for shipping a piece of machinery that  takes up about 2 cubic meters of space from Pennsylvania to you ? Regards, Steve.

#265 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

Sorry Steve, I would have no idea on interstate shipping prices of freight like that ? It'll go truck freight and I don't know what that cost. You'd probably need to have the seller check into some prices? He'd need the size and weight of the shipment of course..

#266 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

I've been flat out buying up stuff and loading containers, but still about a week-ish to go if anyone happens to need anything shipped across.

#267 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

Be starting to load the next batch of containers again in about 3 - 4 weeks time, if anyone needs anything shipped ! :)

#268 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Probably been asked before in this thread but how long does it take to land at your place in Lilydale Jeff?

#269 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

It is about 4ish weeks from the time I load the container until it gets there...
I always load more then one container at a time of course too...usually 4 or 5 or so...so just depends on where I can fit in each things and all as to when they'll be leaving. I will be loading until about the middle of March (or so at this point)

The last batch was held up on every one of them due to a heap of dramas and work slow downs at the port here (was big news...being the most busy port in the USA) They are talking about still some slow issues with the longshoremen dragging along so I can't say for sure yet if there will be any issues this time around again or not. I have my fingers crossed of course and hope not...but just to keep in mind.

#270 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

what would it cost to get a set of wheels over here?

#271 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Alot more than a few more cans of plasti-dip.  :badabing:

Just let me know the value on them and I will let you know how much to land them. :spoton:

#272 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

lol cheers mate.

im still only looking around at this stage.

from what ive found so far. some over there dont drill a 5x120mm pcd?

#273 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Chevy bolt pattern will be the most common of course, but if they are a billet type or custom wheel they should be able to drill them to 120 fine too. (BMW used it aside from Commodore.. you can mention a Pontiac G8 since they don't know what a Commodore is!)

And depending on the cost...probably in the $300 - 350Aussie or so area.

#274 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

thanks Jeff. thats is some handy info,

billet specialties claim they dont drill 5x120 so i was presuming most over there may not.

I will be looking for a set of custom billets. just need to find the ones i want.

maybe like these.

This mob only do them in 19"  im needing 18".

Attached Files

#275 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Those look like a ton of other various similar china wheels...and 19" does seem to be common in them for some reason.

That is odd Billet Specialties can't drill them to that they reckon? what if you wanted them for a car here that uses it ? Oh well...maybe see about getting them built undrilled/blank and getting them drilled there ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users