Shipping from LA to Melbourne..

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#201 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the update...if you think you will be able to organize shortly still I can get it under way at least.

Oh, and so he won't take a wire transfer ?  Some people are odd I suppse but that is really the safest way to go.

PS. I assume you knew to make sure he has a title for the truck as well before going through with the deal in the first place ?

#202 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Loading a container on Monday, but next batch will be all during November if anyone needs anything sent.

#203 Bullet

Bullet

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC 2 Door S

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hi Jeff,

I'm thinking about buying a set of rims & 2 tyres from over their from either Jegs or Summit,
Total cost is approx $1250. Can you please give me a price for shipping back to Melbourne.

Cheers Bullet

#204 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

What size are they ?  (like 20's and 35" tires, or 15" and 25" tires, ha ha..) just to get an idea how large it'll all be..

Thanks

#205 Bullet

Bullet

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC 2 Door S

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Not big mate, 2 of 15" x 5" fronts, 2 of 15" x 9" rears and a pair of 255/60/15 Micky Thompson ETHAN street radials.

Cheers bullet

#206 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Gotcha...figure on $450 all up to land them in Melbourne. 

#207 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I will be loading again next month as a heads up to anyone who might need stuff sent across :)

#208 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hello mate, just sent you a PM but thought I would ask the same question here so others may be get the answer they need if thinking along the same lines. I will be over for the Vegas leg of the NHRA meeting and Sema next week and am thinking of buying a new Harley. What are the requirements and how much to get it to home. Oh and by the way I'm looking forward to having a good drink with you when we get there...lol

Ruts

#209 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'll shoot you a message back as well on some other things, but it's no problem on a new Harley....be $2000 for shipping, compliance on it will be about $3500, and then just GST on top of what you paid for it. (no duty since it is USA made) 

:D

#210 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

The dollar is pretty good at the moment for anyone who wants to spend up :D

#211 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Will be starting to load in a week and a half's time or so, and through out November by the way..

#212 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Starting the first container tomorrow...and will do a few over the next 3 weeks time, so if anyone needs something shuffled over, feel free to holler.

#213 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi mate i was only breifly flicking tho this thread and thought now that could be handy!! I priced a steel 4 inch reverse cowl bonnet scoop in the US somewhere thro ebay but postage was $525 to Aus. The scoop was only $160 or something. How would you go sourcing one of those for me? And how long does it take to land here for me to pick up?surely its cheaper than $525 to freight from the US. Thanks

#214 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...been flat out buying vehicles and parts and getting containers loaded ! (getting a bit sore, must be getting old, haha)

Best thing on the scoop, since you found one you like (I assume..) would be to just order it and have it posted here to me, and I will just ahead and load it up and ship it over to you. :)   That is what I do for most guys..you just order what you want, send it to me (to the house or the warehouse I use for big stuff) and I will take it from there !

Only have about another week and a half to go at the moment for this batch of containers...I had forgot the Thanksgiving holiday here the end of the month sort of throws things off at the port, so am going to get them all loaded and done before that.

Just holler if I can help out !   (and if not this time, will be doing another batch starting in late Feb and through March)

#215 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

How long does it take to get here thro customs or whatever it has to do?

#216 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Takes about 4ish weeks or so, but depends on when I get it and get it in the container of course. I only load so many at a time, and if it misses this batch for now for example, won't be doing the next for a little bit as mentioned.  I've got some loaded and gone now, next one I'll do in about a weeks time, but with the holiday it won't leave straight away. Figure on arriving there sometime early-ish January.

#217 _NewsuxLX_

_NewsuxLX_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hmm ok thanks. Ill see what happens.

#218 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

No problem, just see how you go..  :spoton:

#219 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi,

Have found a SBC crate motor in the US,  The engine itself is $5800 US dollars.  How much would it be roughly landed here in Melbourne.

Thanks in advance

#220 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

You'd be looking at $1400 to land it in Melbourne all up, that is from my warehouse here, to there at my mate's factory in Lilydale. (you would have to organize to get it out to here is all for me to ship it.)

#221 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for that, sounds good.  When is your next container coming over ? Assume your mate has a forklift to load me up.  I am going to order through JEGS.  What do i need to do on my side. 

Thanks

Angelo

#222 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

I had just finished my last container on Friday, but I have had a couple of customers buy vehicles, so it looks like I will be loading another one in a week's time (give or take)

If you wanted to do it, just shoot me a message here and I will send along the address of the warehouse (assuming they could get it here within a week's time say) and I will take it from there. Nice and easy..

#223 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Just a heads up for my next batch I will be loading....going to start the first week of March give or take (maybe even the last couple days of Feb, just depends..) and probably be loading for a couple weeks or so, just depending on how many I end up having to do.

#224 _Matvex_

_Matvex_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi Jeff, 

How far away are you from this location?

Eagle Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501

I need to get a box from there to your lilydale warehouse with the following weight and dimensions. if i get it to you in the US how much from there to your warehouse here in vic?

Cheers,

550mm Wide

1700 Height

1700 Length

34lbs in weight 

#225 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

That is probably around 6 1/2 or so hours from here...maybe bit more, depends on traffic and what not.

I'll have to do some conversions to figure out what those mean in inches, ha ha..

What is it, and what value as well ?  (You can PM me too if you don't want to say here)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users