• Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

Jamaica lime, only way to go!

#52 _pepperjack_

_pepperjack_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

I painted a HX P Van awhile back in that holden colour that first came out on
02 ? monaro Turismo blue it realy suited the HX, nearly everyone who came into the shop
commented on it and wanted to know the colour, and I always thought it would
look good on a torana will try and get some photo's off the panel shop computer
that I painted at if anyone's interested.
But you realy have to see the color in the flesh and in the sun.

#53 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

that's that "aqua blue" yeah?

#54 its Paul

its Paul

Formerly lx8vd77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LXSS, VUSS, VESSv & the mighty HB

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Come on guys Black & White is the only colour that rocks... :sofa:

#55 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

these are my choices
1- think its a forum members car, magenta ?

2- Repsol Honda superbike orange, if anyone knows of the code let me know please, cant get it anywhere
Posted Image

but i think i will be going with Magenta as there a heap of Oranges Torana's getting around now :dontknow:

yr-181 according to google.... that is bloody bright, might look okay ?

#56 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

sure is bright :buttrock: i think it will be hard to get the exact colour match, but i have a plan :stirpot: as i just found out about " pearlesnce " << spell check ??? i seen it with orange and another one with green. they were on harleys so dont know what it will look like over a larger area B)

#57 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

these are my choices
1- think its a forum members car, magenta ?

2- Repsol Honda superbike orange, if anyone knows of the code let me know please, cant get it anywhere
Posted Image

but i think i will be going with Magenta as there a heap of Oranges Torana's getting around now :dontknow:

No good there mate, they said that is just the Honda Colour Code. I emailed Honda about the Colour. (I have an 09 Repsol) They said they don't know what the colour code would be for paint, as it is painted in Japan under different codes I think...

#58 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Pepperjack, yes post the pics!

Regarding that Honda orange colour..... I don't think it should EVER be put on a car! My eyes are burning from seeing it on my iPhone. If it was viewed in person, over a large area like a car, I fear there will be mayhem and chaos from people going blind. Kind of like that old movie "day of the trifids".

I'm leaning towards an emerald-ish green, red (ho hum! I hear you say) or a silver with a pearl.
Anyone got pics of something like these?

#59 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

The red here Kush, colour I was serioiusly considering painting mine.

http://www.prostudio...748590719_d8Q8j

#60 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Unrelated to the colours you like but this is a good representation.

http://farm2.static...._a917472e59.jpg

#61 _pepperjack_

_pepperjack_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

that's that "aqua blue" yeah?

yep thats thats the one
sounds yuck when you say aqua but it is kinda

#62 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

mint julep,opaline,vz holden impulse blue,with blackouts of course :buttrock:

#63 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

Pepperjack, yes post the pics!

Regarding that Honda orange colour..... I don't think it should EVER be put on a car! My eyes are burning from seeing it on my iPhone. If it was viewed in person, over a large area like a car, I fear there will be mayhem and chaos from people going blind. Kind of like that old movie "day of the trifids".

I'm leaning towards an emerald-ish green, red (ho hum! I hear you say) or a silver with a pearl.
Anyone got pics of something like these?

KUSH, KUSH, KUSH...... you have hurt my feelings :dontknow: now i will have to park mine next to yours when there done just to annoy you :P

#64 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

sure is bright :buttrock: i think it will be hard to get the exact colour match, but i have a plan :stirpot: as i just found out about " pearlesnce " << spell check ??? i seen it with orange and another one with green. they were on harleys so dont know what it will look like over a larger area B)

I know a bit about Pearls....hehehe. Yes there good on a car.

these are my choices1- think its a forum members car, magenta ?2- Repsol Honda superbike orange, if anyone knows of the code let me know please, cant get it anywherePosted Imagebut i think i will be going with Magenta as there a heap of Oranges Torana's getting around now :dontknow:

No good there mate, they said that is just the Honda Colour Code. I emailed Honda about the Colour. (I have an 09 Repsol) They said they don't know what the colour code would be for paint, as it is painted in Japan under different codes I think...

Bullshit, take a rim into a paint shop and they should be able to match the color.

Cheers.

#65 _wblje_

_wblje_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

did my 1 tonner in that poison ivy commo colour. has a certain old school look to it like the machalite greens and it looked good. im not a fan of weak colours or fad colours. it needs to be bold, strong and tuff. reds, black, dark metallics of all types. any one of these bar black would go well with or with out the black outs. just throwing this out there as i had a brief think about it but havnt thought too hard............gloss black body with satin black blackouts. more i think about it it might be a bad idea........

#66 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

I know a bit about Pearls....hehehe. Yes there good on a car.

these are my choices1- think its a forum members car, magenta ?2- Repsol Honda superbike orange, if anyone knows of the code let me know please, cant get it anywherePosted Imagebut i think i will be going with Magenta as there a heap of Oranges Torana's getting around now :dontknow:

Bullshit, take a rim into a paint shop and they should be able to match the color.

Cheers.

And what does taking to a paint shop for a match got in common with only knowing a factory colour code? I never said it couldn't be matched bbomber, I just said the paint code someone posted was wrong.

#67 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Ah ok, so you dont have the rims...Well that would be harder.

wblje: me thinks sating black car with gloss black blackouts would look better....

Cheers.

#68 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

i was after the Honda Repsol super bike colour!! the orange that you see on these rims is a colour match but still a bit off, and on factory bikes in our bike shops are nothing like the team colour you see on tele...

Bomber has you herd/see/touched or no of the " Pearlesent " ??? any info on this would be good

#69 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Pearlesent is Pearl.

Just a basic simple every day three layer pearl.

Easy as if you have sprayed COB before.

Cheers.

#70 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
My old girl was painted Valencia Orange with pearlesence over the top , it is a bright solid orange car in most light from most angles, but within 10 feet in the right light, its a sheet of gold.

No pearl was put in the engine bay or interior.

It impresses a lot of people.

Also, see Hernes torry, he has a similar product/finish.

#71 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

thx for that bomber, i must have missed something it the show as the colour came out almost fluro.

and thx for the pic's of your hatch A9X it looks perfect.

#72 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yes I have the Repsol bike, which means Repsol livery, bright orange fairings, and bright orange wheels.

Nial8r, the colours are an exact match, it's just that the MotoGP team has a lot more orange on the bike which makes it look brighter, if you get what I mean.

#73 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

Well then take your Repsol into a paint shop and they will match it.

A9X, thats a very chunky pearl. Looks more like metal flake. Wouldnt mind knowing more/chatting with your painter...If it really is a pearl.

Hernes car is just a Halo fleck in a clear binder over orange, its nothing like a Pearl. Totally different ball game.

Cheers.

#74 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Yeah i know what ya mean Torry freak, im going of the colour of the rims on the GP bikes as there the brightest part on the bike's :bowdown:

#75 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
My old girl was painted Valencia Orange with pearlesence over the top , it is a bright solid orange car in most light from most angles, but within 10 feet in the right light, its a sheet of gold.

No pearl was put in the engine bay or interior.

It impresses a lot of people.

Also, see Hernes torry, he has a similar product/finish.

Thanks Welby

You wouldnt believe the number of comments I get re my paint scheme ;) More so when seen in full sunlight ;)
Now it rocks and thats not just my opinion.

Cheers
Herne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users