Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

Here's some pic of that HX van painted in Turismo
the colour looks retro with a modern twist - metalic

Attached Files

#77 _Lx-Torana_

_Lx-Torana_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

anyone got some more pictures torana's (preferably 2 dr) in blueprint, dw Mitch i've already safely stored your photos on my hard drive already :)

Here's a picture of Dad's hq in blueprint: (phone photo = bad quality)

Posted Image

#78 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

i really like that HX, always had a thing for Panel van's :buttrock:

#79 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

A9X, thats a very chunky pearl. Looks more like metal flake. Wouldnt mind knowing more/chatting with your painter...If it really is a pearl.

Hernes car is just a Halo fleck in a clear binder over orange, its nothing like a Pearl. Totally different ball game.

Cheers.

Hi mate, can't say i have any technical argument :dontknow: but i know mine is not metal or glitter in the traditional sense, if you dribble the liquid out of the bottle you can't see any suspended particle.

I can't think of the name that he called it, it'll come to me in a minute. Thought it started with a Z, but wtf would i know ???
it was the orange base colour plus a coat of the gold pearl ( i'll call it pearl ) plus then a clear coat. I think the 'pearl' is mixed in with the clear in the middle layer too, but i may be talkin' shit.

I do know that the painter referred to it as pearl in our initial talks. I was after a candy orange and he talked me out of it as it was a race car and would be needing touch ups along the way.

That is actually how i found my painter, i saw an orange kawasaki colour on a bike on the highway, asked at my local kwacka dealer for some paint ( fat chance ) and he put me onto the painter. Mike was a bike painter for many years before cars.

As soon as i remember the product name i'll yell.

If you look real close at my car paint, you don't see any metal or flake, its just solid colour. But stand back in the sun and bam , in ya face! It also comes up really nice at night under fluoro's.

Hope this helps

Welby

#80 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Ok then it probably is a Pearl. Just those picks make it look real chunky.

The application you described is about right, orange base, then gold pearl in a binder (clear) then 2k clear coat.

Im prolly wrong. Let me know when you think of the name as im curious as.

The reason i said i wouldnt mind knowing more/chatting to your painter is i recon it looks frOcking awesome and i want to know how to do it!!

Cheers.

#81 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Come to think of it it probably is just the photo's.

I had a look at an old photo of the roof of my LH, just done in a three layer pearl, before i put the gold pearl lace overlay over it, and even though the camera is a fair bit further back if you look just down from the "sunburst" it looks kinda chunky like yourse.

Posted Image

Doesnt stand out as much cause its a white pearl over white, but if you resize it and look real close you will see what i mean.

And this is after i put the gold pearl overlay on, again you will have to resize it and look real close, and again the camera is a lot further away, but you might be able to see what i mean.

Posted Image

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 17 May 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#82 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

yep, know what you mean.

That's why i threw in the third pic, looking back along the side. Even though a bright day, it just looks a solid colour.

I'll think of it, and i'll get the painters number for ya. Sure it starts with z :banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users