- - - - -

Berro's Rusty UC to A9X HATCH

• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

#101 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

That is a different way of doing it.. Good work.

#102 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

I copied good old Dirtbag on that one.

#103 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Time to get the Sika flex stone guard on. I heard the whole factory burnt down!
I is amazing how the stuff flies out of the gun. Very messy stuff.

Attached Files

#104 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Had to put the tail lights for a trial look.
All I need now is to get someone to push me down the hill! Oh and some doors.
Next task is to remove the kilos of bog from a massive dent in the passengers quarter. Should be interesting.

Attached Files

#105 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

All I can say is that you are a massive arse!

That's all I've got.... I'm jealous as hell.
Bugger you!

I wish my car was at that stage.

Ps. Excellent work.
Grrr!

#106 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WIN-FRIENDS-AND-INFULENCE-PEOPLE-Oppedisano-/300496665071?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item45f6ff39ef

#107 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

Thanks Rob, I'll flick through a few pages and see how I go!

#108 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Cleaned up the passenger quarter and it worse than I thought.
The dent is about 30mm deep and has caused two massive creases in the panel. You can see the real quarter is like its been in a hail storm!
A bad attempt had been made to fix it with holes drilled a a bit of dent pulling along the creases.
I got a panel profiler and took a mould of the good drivers side panel. I then cut out a bit of MDF to create a panel guide using that good profile. This gave me the ability to get the shape of the good panel quickly and easily. This is where I had get get brutal with the panel to get it into shape. I got a crow bar and taped toe dolly to the end. Then with a heap of force pushed the panel back to shape a bit at the time. This involved me just about hanging of the crow bar. The holes were then welded up. Certain sections of the panel were stretched from the original creases and dents so I got a Oxy torch on to them and got them glowing red. I then dollied them right and slapped a cold wet cotton cloth on to the dents. slowly but surely the panel remembered were it was created some 30+ years ago. I was really cool to see the change with each pop and hiss.

I have some picks on my phone that I will try and post over the next few days.

Attached Files

#109 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Bugger you!

Ps. Excellent work.
Grrr!

Cheers Kush I will take that as a compliment.
Mate I was in the same boat as you. Its taken me over 2 years to get the arse on the car right. Don't give up and keep chipping away! You will get there.

Berro

#110 UCANG

UCANG

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Name:Ang
  • Car:UC Hatch, UC Sedan, VL Turbo, ForFour Brabus, 2010 Fatboy

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

Bugger you!

Ps. Excellent work.
Grrr!

Mate I was in the same boat as you. Its taken me over 2 years to get the arse on the car right. Don't give up and keep chipping away! You will get there.

Berro

Good work Berro, and same to you Kush.. Both your transforming UC hatches are looking heaps good! Love the work and quality going into them.
I was also riding in that boat you were speaking of, with my head off the side ready to barf. Took me so long to finally seeing an end result with the rear of my hatch. I can safely say i'm a couple of days work left to welding the rear beaver panel on. Mind you, my car had rear damage!

Berro and Kush, I have subscribed to your threads, cant wait to read more!

#111 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

Haha!
I was just playin. But the envy monster keeps chewing on my leg when I'm reading these threads. My work won't let me have time for myself. I hate work.

Can anyone, ANYONE! Please! If you can weld or rig or look good standing around (you don't even need to be good at it) come to the Isa and work with us! If enough of you come, I won't be needed as much so I can work on my bloody car!

Sorry for venting in your thread Berro, but it's past 8:30pm....... Which means I've been drinking.... Again......... :blahblahblah:

#112 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

Haha!
I was just playin. But the envy monster keeps chewing on my leg when I'm reading these threads. My work won't let me have time for myself. I hate work.

Can anyone, ANYONE! Please! If you can weld or rig or look good standing around (you don't even need to be good at it) come to the Isa and work with us! If enough of you come, I won't be needed as much so I can work on my bloody car!

Sorry for venting in your thread Berro, but it's past 8:30pm....... Which means I've been drinking.... Again......... :blahblahblah:

Kush you are a lucky bugger I am stinging for a beer!
I normally drink like a fish but every year I do "Dry July" to let my liver recover.

Check out my shed / Torana area. Beer on tap, wicked stereo to blast ACDC or rip up guitar. Deaf neighbours!
You can see why I take my time and am motivated to spend time in there.

Attached Files

#113 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Bugger you!

Ps. Excellent work.
Grrr!

Berro

Good work Berro, and same to you Kush.. Both your transforming UC hatches are looking heaps good! Love the work and quality going into them.
I was also riding in that boat you were speaking of, with my head off the side ready to barf. Took me so long to finally seeing an end result with the rear of my hatch. I can safely say i'm a couple of days work left to welding the rear beaver panel on. Mind you, my car had rear damage!

Berro and Kush, I have subscribed to your threads, cant wait to read more!

Cheers UCang,
I had to replace the beaver too. Mine had been banged and dent pulled.

I always like a fresh new beaver that hasn't been banged!

Attached Files

#114 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

There is something I love about a torana rubbed up in primer ready for a squirt.

#115 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

There is something I love about a torana rubbed up in primer ready for a squirt.

Yes I agree Terra LX.
The problem I keep haveing at the moment is I keep on looking at the car thinking "what a sweet f@#$ing ride" and not working on it.
The photos on the thread are before body fillers and hi build. I am blocking the car down at the moment and want to get it spot on. Getting this right is the most important part of the paint job process. I am only a third of the way around the car and I have probably done over 100 hours of sanding already!

Not saying that I will do it but has anyone seen black outs and bonnet in white or pearl with say a fake candy?

Photo shop anyone?

#116 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Not saying that I will do it but has anyone seen black outs and bonnet in white or pearl with say a fake candy?

Photo shop anyone?

Stuff of my dreams.

Talking about something like this with my mates LJ when i respray it for him....

Cheers.

#117 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Photo shop anyone?

Stuff of my dreams.

Talking about something like this with my mates LJ when i respray it for him....

Cheers.

I think on a LJ it would look fantastic.
I was thinking some thing like the 2010 liberty Subaru pearl with a 2011 Lexus candy. Would a hatchback A9X look like a half baked brocky car? I'm crap with photo shop but would love to see what it looks like.
The only problem with candies are they are impossible to spot repair. You end up having to do the whole side of a car. Candies are ok for a show car but impractical for daily drivers.
I hear you're the man when it comes to painting?

#118 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Here is the repaired quarter after the first round of hi build. Still needs work.

Attached Files

#119 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Here are my mates ripping the donor engine out on the VN commodore.

What a mission!

The commodore had after market headers that hit on the way out.

Was a real pain.

I have a full 3 inch VN sports system for sale in anyone is looking for pick up in Perth.
Sounds great!

Attached Files

#120 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Had to put the tail lights for a trial look.
All I need now is to get someone to push me down the hill! Oh and some doors.
Next task is to remove the kilos of bog from a massive dent in the passengers quarter. Should be interesting.

Reminds me of a mates 2ltr GT Capri, was pristine till someone ran into the RH quarter.
It was repaired under the other guys insurance and looked the goods outside.
I visited him a few weeks later to see it and ran my hands inside the boot and outside, oooops!!
The panel beaters name must have been Michelangelo for the amount of bog.
The dent was easy 50mm deep and not a single hammer had touched the panel.
He must have used a cement mixer to make that much bog in one go.
Mate was so disillusioned he sold it soon after, damned pity they made him sign a release before they would let him take it, arseholes!!

#121 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

No, no im not "the man." Far from the greatest to ever live by a long shot and equally as far from knowing everything.

I do on the other hand do it 60 hours a week so have a rough idea hehehehe...

Cheers.

#122 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

No, no im not "the man." Far from the greatest to ever live by a long shot and equally as far from knowing everything.

I do on the other hand do it 60 hours a week so have a rough idea hehehehe...

Cheers.

Are you mainly painting 2 pac or acrylic. Painting is fun its the sanding and prep work that's the bitch. I was thinking you're right a candy and cream LJ would be cool. Still unsure on a hatch.

#123 _berro59_

_berro59_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

Bad patch repair on the inner door has created rust through every layer of the door.

Attached Files

#124 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

Wow mate!
That looks like an absolute bugger of a job, but you fixed it up excellently.
Keep it up mate, this is an awesome thread :buttrock:

#125 fenz

fenz

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Name:Aaron
  • Car:LJ 2 door and UC V8 4door

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

Nice repair......death to the tin worm!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users