355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

I agree too many F$%king ad breaks. Also when there was the incident between lowndes and wilson, they kept talking about it for ages, but took about 20 min's before showing a reply of it!!

It's not like this is their first crack at television, so things like this did'nt need to happen....

Dave

#77 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

my mum made the typical comment bout "how awful the presenters race suit things looked" and how matt white looked like he was in his pyjamas. I was really pissed off at their lack of coverage of things, like when wilson (i think) bar fell off, they sat looking at that for ages while they commented on stuff going on between front cars. And they didnt cover the racing as much, more focused on single drivers. my 2 cents, but yeah wasnt all that impressed. also some of the presenters were a bit useless and didnt kn ow much (i never could stand grant denyer)
on the news thismornin the news bird was interviewing rick kelly and was calling him "nick" kelly. shows how much they know, she pretty much missed the point of what they were reporting too.

#78 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

I kept track of the last coverage for ads.

We lost 14 out of 50 laps on the Saturday coverage, was out of town on the Sunday and didnt do it.

There were 4 breaks for ads - 9, 9, 13, & 6 ads in each break.

We also watched 2 laps under safety car, how exciting !!!!!

#79 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

:blink: Did I miss something????

#80 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

You missed 14 laps of last Saturdays V8Supercars if you were watching on TV.

#81 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

^ Oh, so in effect, I didn't miss anything.

#82 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

In effect, yes.

#83 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

Carsguide Herald Sun

MOTORSPORT fans have taken their first hit in the television tussle for football ratings.

They got far less than they deserved from the last meeting at Pukekohe, New Zealand, at the weekend, when Channel 7 scrimped with the truth on its live coverage and forced an early end to the V8 Supercar action so it could cut to its AFL commitments for Perth.

Garth Tander, in particular, has every reason to be unhappy with the way the coverage was hand-balled.

He lost a near-certain round victory when the final race was cut short by seven laps while he was battling back from a disastrous pitstop and just one place from success.

Tander was the moral winner at Pukekohe after victories in the first two heats, even if he could take some consolation from the victory by his Toll-HSV teammate Rick Kelly.

Seven sacrificed the action for the sake of fans in Perth, who were promised live coverage of the game between Melbourne and Fremantle, and it also trimmed the truth on the extent of its live feed from Pukekohe.

The ratings for the New Zealand race also show Seven is not doing as well as the V8 Supercar officials have been trumpeting through the early rounds, in particular because -- unlike Channel 10 during its time as host broadcaster -- it does not have to go up against AFL in a battle for viewers.

Seven is also disappointing motorsport fans who want to see Will Power battling for the Champ Car crown in the US.

Ten was forced to drop its Champ Car coverage when Seven got broadcast rights to the Gold Coast Indy meeting as part of its V8 Supercar deal, but the new home of motorsport has shown no interest in picking up the link to the US.

Carsguide article

:gun: Ch7

V8s sorry after shortened race
AAP - Thursday April 26, 4:49 PM 

V8 Supercars Australia has apologised to fans and says it will introduce longer time buffers around races to avoid a repeat of Sunday's confusing shortened race in New Zealand.

The governing body conducted a review in the wake the decision to cut the third race of the Pukekohe round from 43 laps to 36 after it was hit by two lengthy safety car periods.

The move caught some on the hop with Holden star Garth Tander, winner of the first two races, admitting he had no idea the race was shortened till he saw the chequered flag and it may have cost him victory in the round.

V8 Supercars Australia chief executive Wayne Cattach said longer buffers of at least five minutes on either side of races as well improved training in recovering crashed cars would help prevent future races being cut.

He also stressed Network Seven played no part in the decision to end the race and head to the post-race celebrations before its AFL coverage.

Cattach said on Monday a decision had to be made between running the race further and cutting tv broadcast of the podium presentation and research had shown fans liked to see the emotion of the winning driver "spraying champagne around".

However the body changed tack, saying measures would also be taken to either cut or shorten the post-race celebrations should a similar circumstance arise, in order to allow a race to come to its full conclusion.

The two incidents in the Pukekohe race resulted in 21 and a half minutes of race time lost as the field circulated behind the safety car.

"The reasoning behind us calling the race short was simply because we had these two very, very long safety car periods," Cattach said.

"The first one we can understand because we had a car flipped on its roof and a driver potentially in a dangerous situation.

"The second one was quite frankly not acceptable."

"Unlike most other sports, motor racing can suffer lengthy delays because accidents can occur at any time. It is impossible to predict lengthy delays but at the same time we need to do our best to minimise them."

Cattach said speculation Network Seven made the decision to cut the race was wrong.

"We made the judgment call to shorten the race in favour of showing the podium presentation," he said.

"The decision was ours and ours alone. Network Seven were not involved in this decision in any way.

"We apologise to our fans that it happened and assure them we will fix these problems.

Cattach said the precautionary measures will be adopted before the next championship round at Winton in Victoria, where a training video would also be prepared.

He said V8 Supercars Australia may also appoint its own expert to oversee all car recoveries.

Article

Edited by LC69GTR, 27 April 2007 - 12:33 PM.

#84 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

didnt take long for seven to start screwing the motorsport fans yet again and all for that chase me, catch me, kiss me game.

#85 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

Sure is what a joke

The move caught some on the hop with Holden star Garth Tander, winner of the first two races, admitting he had no idea the race was shortened till he saw the chequered flag and it may have cost him victory in the round.

#86 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Just like old times......

#87 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

i love the way they are playing the "hot potato" with who caused it. typical bereaucracy.

They claimed during the live coverage it was due to time restrictions AT THE TRACK. what a crock of bullshit. i didnt know any better until just now. now im f*cking pissed off. :furious:

#88 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

I just presumed all races thoughout the year had time limits placed upon them. In other words if they dont complete the required laps by a certain time, the race is declared.

I am fairly certain Bathurst has a time limit placed on it ...

Mmmmmmmmm, I also not very impressed now !!!!

#89 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

I thought it strange during the race when they were waffling on about a time limit for the race and didn't think much of it. Tv coverage should have no influnce on race duration (only my opion). If the broadcast ends and the race is not finished well than bad luck. The race should go the full amount of laps. If I was a paying spectator I would be outraged in having a race slashed just to please people sitting on their bums at home watching. Simple, you want to see all the race, go watch it live.
The removal of the car under the last yellow was an absolute joke. It should not have taken that long.
Every ones quick to slam 7 on their coverage. They do need to tidy a few things up for the overall package. I don't work for 7 but I will say there is more live racing shown and more racing shown now than there was by 10. The one thing 10 did well was give all the competing teams some coverage. Cars running in places 20 to 30 are lucky to be given any air time unless they're involved in an incident or accident. That is not good for sponsor exposure which keeps the teams running. Just think how much more boring it would be if there was only 15 cars on the track.

#90 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Except that now that Seven has the Gold Coast Indy car coverage too we don't see any Champ car races at all. Obviously needs to include a football to get priority.

#91 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

I think the shit hit the fan...7 is back peddling to TEGA at a million miles an hour...This will make for good reading in the near future...everything they didnt want to happen/promised wouldnt happen...did..7 Has some explaining to do to TEGA. Watch this space....wonder where the programmer is working today??
R

#92 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,002 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

How was it ever going to work with a conflict of interests? :<_<:

#93 _ingles_

_ingles_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

I just sat down and read this whole thread-some of you guys should be in the fortune telling business.Truly scary how accurate some posts were.BLOODY FOOPTALL!!!AFL should go to pay telly only-and soon!!!! :gun:

#94 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

Yeah Ingles..It was always going to happen.
R

#95 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

If only someone at the track on the day had enough balls to say "Right boys, lets keep the race going and we won't televise the award ceromony"
But like a lot of industries, people are scared to make decisions in case they lose their job or cause somebody to sue the company etc etc

#96 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

Looks like Adelaide viewers have to wait till 10.30 tonight to get 90 minutes of the action... Footy all afternoon today, of course it is the most important sport....

not impressed.....

#97 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

i fell asleep again.
from lap 10 race two till lap 36 race 3 was nice afternoon.

#98 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

I just sat down and read this whole thread-some of you guys should be in the fortune telling business.Truly scary how accurate some posts were.BLOODY FOOPTALL!!!AFL should go to pay telly only-and soon!!!! :gun:

Channel 7 proved themselves to be assholes before.

Once an asshole always an asshole.

Herne

#99 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

they do have a lot of shit on.

#100 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

It's a pretty piss poor effort from the 7 network. Like who in adelaide would want to see the WB vs Collingwood game. Hope i will still be awake to watch race 2 and 3 tonight.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users