Not The Kingswood!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

The Kingswood has progressed to Jack Stands in the garage now... giving me abit more space to get in under neath it... Also means i have enough room to stand a bottle of jimmy up under there too.... A Man needs refreshments... I am going to head up to newcastle on monday to get some parts from ozbox and maybe get my hands on a welder if i can find one locally that runs on 10 Amp... I have only found 2 so far... a Toolex Welder and a Uni Mig... I did find a lincoln 180Amp welder but it has a 15Amp lead on it.

Cheers

Josh

#27 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

Got the rear screen out using an old accelerator cable from my Go Kart and the exhaust is now out to. Just gotta remember where everything goes now.

Josh

#28 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

I'm up a large creek... Waist deep in shit... Pics to come...

#29 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

Here are the pics..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Josh

#30 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

What part of the car is that josh?

Take a look at jabbas thread and tell me it cant be fixed :P

#31 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

If that was mine I'd already be out looking for another shell.

I'm not saying it can't be fixed but I couldn't afford the time or $$$.

#32 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I took the dash out today and surprisingly there is'nt really anything behind it... apart from the outer edges of the windscreen... Yeah if it was just a normal project car i would of tossed it by now... But its more than that..

Josh

#33 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

I have pulled my finger out and started some more work on the Kingswood. Here is a pic of the replacement panel i'll be using for the base of the A Pillar.
Posted Image

Here is under the top panel. It has some rust but should'nt be to hard to clean up and get put in.
Posted Image

The Panel work does'nt look THAT complicated. because most things are spot welded into place. If a section has rust in it i can either repair it while its on the car or remove the spot welds and repair it off the car. Atleast i think that is how it works..

Josh

#34 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

you've got the right idea mate! most areas aren't too complicated but it is quite time consuming. think i spent over a year doing my shell, and it had minimal rust! keep at it... can't you buy the top scuttle section new? but you needed the underside as well didn't you?

Edited by toryman76, 02 June 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#35 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

If it were me i would just bend up some fresh steel and weld that into the inner part in front of the windscreen and then use the section you have for the outer. Having fresh metal there would be much nicer that old pitted metal, plus welding the pitted metal will be a pain in the ass.

Its all repairable, just depends how much time you want to spend on it :).

#36 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

Listen to these two TUFF ^^^^^^
They are the forum gurus of rust! :spoton:

#37 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

haha thanks rodomo!! i agree with Jabba though, put new metal in underneath, its not somewhere you will see so it doesn't matter if it doesn't look perfect.

#38 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I will use the panel i have cut for a template as theres nothing left of the innter panel on the Kingswood itself.

Thanks fellas.

Josh

#39 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Had a look at the Kingswood today as it has been a while since i have touched it due to funds.

Below is a pic which i have outlined the areas that need to be removed to attack the rust under neath. The yellow section will be re used and the lower red section without the lines will have to be reused as well. I am not to keen on removing that panel but it has to be done. The red section with lines through it will be replaced with a rare spares panel. Anyone have any advice i am all ears!

Attached File  dscf2438se.jpg   57.74K   47 downloads

Josh

#40 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

Finally the spare engine is out and gone!! Still doesn't make it much lighter to push though!!
Hurry up cash!!! Can't wait to get stuck into her!!
Attached File  IMGP0796s.jpg   198.05K   31 downloads

Edited by TUFF, 11 June 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#41 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yes i still have it!

Got abit bored today so i decided to re oil the engine thats on the stand for her.. The block has been machined and i am just waiting to do the rest of it now. I oiled it with some penrite oil, wrapped it up in a towell, it has 2 large plastic bags over that and they are taped up then the large blanket wrapped around that and tied at the ends.. It is working so far.

Posted Image
All lubed up.

Posted Image
Nothing is getting in there.

#42 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

What do you need to finish the engine off?
or is it more a time thing?

If you want your inner gaurds cleaner up, or your radiator support or anything, give me a yell.

My mate does sandblasting really really cheap! there are some pictures in my Ute thread of what he did for me. they come back all nicely primered.

$50 or so would get your inner gaurds done, radiator support for about the same (because its a bit fiddly) and anything else you wanna get done.

Ive got a set of blasted and primered inner gaurds spare at home too if yours are rusty, not sure what they are worth.

Edited by orangeLJ, 18 September 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#43 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

Cheers Chris.. My inners are fine rust wise.. need to weld up some holes though where air horns were mounted. Time is not the problem.. its money thats the problem lol

I won't start stripping things if i haven't got the cash / equipment to either get it painted or finished off... Hate half doing things.

Posted Image

Can you tell i was bored? lol

#44 _tweetytorana_

_tweetytorana_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I can relate to the thread, for me it's sentimental, so you go the extra mile but it's always a lack of funds getting in the way.

Hope the cash flows in soon so you can get on with it.

Cheers,
JO

#45 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Me too... I sit in it abit and just picture how it will be when its done...

#46 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Me too... I sit in it abit and just picture how it will be when its done...

And that picture is bloody good!! lol

#47 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

dont try your the best josh

im the one and only Josh :)

cheers josh

#48 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

Nah i think ur the 3rd Josh... lol

#49 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

This panel is a pain in the butt! I hope i never have to take it off again!

#50 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Finally!!! Got the front plenum panel off from below the front windscreen, What a major job that was! The spot welds were only visible from under the dash so i had to measure them under the dash and then transfer those measurements to the outside and hope i got it right. As you can see afew times i didn't. Finally it is off. I can now see straight into the Plenum itself and see how i can attack the biggest of the jobs. Probably should of started somewhere else on the car but i may as well get the biggest repair done and out of the way. Here are some pics!

To say i'm excited is an understatement

Posted Image
Posted Image
To much drilling

Posted Image
The underside of the top plenum panel

Posted Image
It's off!!

Think i will have a drink tonight! Hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users