84 replies to this topic

#26 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Put an ad on eBay and Gumtree with a reward for information.

#27 a9x4dr

a9x4dr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

It is an lx torry which has over 30 k worth of panel work done

I'm no expert or even know anything about panel beating or body prep work, but I find it hard to believe from those pictures of the car that it has had 30 k worth of work.

#28 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

Costs $10k+ just for them to look at it
Or it started off as a dog maybe ?

#29 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

He outlayed the 30k and this is all that had been done before it got pinched .... Now as all people should know Wayne should of had liability insurance to cover any damage or theft from his shop .. But frOck me sideways he is being an absolute prick and needs to be sorted .. ASIC needs to be informed if he didn't

#30 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, there's bound to be legal avenues your cousin can take but when people go bankrupt it makes things harder, best of luck to him, it's a lot of money plus the loss of vehicle is heartbreaking.

s

#31 _UCV8_

_UCV8_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Wayne Smith, he's the bloke that got into it with the bouncers at Motorvation for doing a skid. Funny everyone felt sorry for him then maybe he was just as much a d*ckhead then as now eh.

#32 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

He outlayed the 30k and this is all that had been done before it got pinched

That sounds suss right there.

Don't they tally up the hours and charge you after each bit of work is done?

Sounds like he wanted fast cash up front for his other hobbies.

s

#33 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Wayne Smith, he's the bloke that got into it with the bouncers at Motorvation for doing a skid. Funny everyone felt sorry for him then maybe he was just as much a d*ckhead then as now eh.

Yep the same Wayne smith .....!!!!

#34 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

hate to say this, but as far as i heard along the grape vine all cars left in building were crushed at laurance scrap metal in malaga, im hoping this is a rumour, but its just what i have heard

#35 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

all cars left in building were crushed at laurance scrap metal

That doesn't make sense nor sound professional ... or even legal. Any liquidator/creditor will look to reap as much money back as possible, they'll usually sell everything in a 'fire sale' or auction. I could understand tossing out old furniture but cars are worth something to somebody.

s

#36 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I think the owner of the building would be legally entitled to dump anything that is left by the tenant once the lease is terminated.

If a scrappy will take the car bodies for fee or even pay you then that is what you would do.

#37 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

I think the owner of the building would be legally entitled to dump anything that is left by the tenant once the lease is terminated.

If a scrappy will take the car bodies for fee or even pay you then that is what you would do.

#38 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, I do recall doing volunteer work for St. Vinnies, a real estate agent came in with a load of clothing, furniture, etc. He donated it all.

I guess if it was a dumb real estate agent he'd have no concept that the property is worth something .... and belongs to somebody else.

It would seem the onus is on the tenant and you'd have to the recoup losses legally .. or physically, :lol:

s

#39 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

No Scrap metal dealer in Australia would crush that car and if they did they deserve to go broke for stupidity because they are in buisness to make money and it is worth a lot more than Scrap value. Some one would have claimed it before it got crushed and I am a Scrap metal dealer, cheers Aaron.

#40 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I have to agree there. If it was sent to scrap and the dealer sold it, it should be traceable by VIN but I think that whole sent to scrap story is ba-hooey.

I'd say someone somewhere is restoring it or using the parts from it.

s

#41 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

All the cars that were there we're takin around the corner to the mechanic who contacted all the owners and they came and got there cars but damo ( the mechanic swears that there was no torry ) and trust me when I confronted him with this I got the truth I was looking for ... I am very persuasive

#42 WA1TNC

WA1TNC

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Name:Nig
  • Car:HX ute(daily) LH Torana(Harrop Blown LS1) in the build

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hang on a sec,

so if I take my car somewhere to get a paint job or something & the place goes bust they can legally take my car out of there & do whatever they want with it like sell it or get rid of it even though it belongs to me??? Did I miss something here?

#43 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

so if I take my car somewhere to get a paint job or something & the place goes bust they can legally take my car

No, not 'legally'.

The story is, it was stolen.

s

#44 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

So the car was either takin at the time of all the concussion of the shut down or Wayne gave the car to someone who he owes money too ... Or has kept it for himself ..... Either way we get the cash or car back or simple ill be taking his blown vh as payment either way we will be compensated

That's correct ... The car was stolen ... So legally there at fault ..

#45 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

My guess is the car will have new tags on it. The bloke proablly gave it to a mate or some one else he owed money. that is the only reson that I can think of when people buy rusted out gutted shells with ID's on them what else would they do with them?

#46 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I would still make a call to the Lawrence scrap metal and ask the question as its only 2 shops away from where his shop was, heard a certain vp commodore gone missing also

#47 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Also told that what ever cars couldn't be put to a person due to no plates, tags etc were crushed because the cars had been sitting there for 5 months and the owner of the unit was loosing out on rent because of the shit in the shop

#48 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

You can not crush a car without a VIN unless it is some shonky yard and they would not risk there second hand dealers licence, LMCT and court case I know I wouldn't. Cheers Aaron.

#49 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

The vp commodore your talking about was black and damo said that there was an incling that it was a stolen car and it was left out front of damo s shop for the cops to sort ... I'll ring the scrap yard but I know if they did scrap the car with no vin they gonna be in th sh t also

#50 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yes ring the scrap yard and yes I know the person who used to own the vp before it was taken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users