I'll give them a try cheers mate

#52 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

You can not crush a car without a VIN unless it is some shonky yard and they would not risk there second hand dealers licence, LMCT and court case I know I wouldn't. Cheers Aaron.

So what to they do with cars that do not have a VIN?

I have sent rolling shells and half shells to scrap before with no id. Is a rolling shell a car or is this a new law?

Does the law apply in WA?

Does the law apply to cars over 30 years old?

#53 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

Scrap is scrap
They crush and shred it all
They don't care where it comes from

#54 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

i have never been asked for id on scrap or if the car has id plates
only if it has rego plates or lpg tanks and where it is

#55 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yeh it is a new rule, there are new forms that get faxed to the apropriate authorites with the address of where the car came from the make, model and year the color VIN and engine no if it has one. And if you don't have a LMCT you need a statdec from the police.

#56 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Do you know what ended up happening to the vp?

#57 _UCV8_

_UCV8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Cars don't need VIN's in Perth to be scrapped, no databse exists. Where do you think the stolen motors go once stripped and rebirthed. Even motors in the pines are cleared this way. Who is going to check it anyway the three police assigned to Motor Squad....

And no your car cannot be repossed by a creditor if a business goes belly up even if stolen or abandoned. even real estate agents shouldn't just donate the property they need to go through a process to shift ownership in the property to themselves, same as council when they advertise abandoned goods in newspapers. The old saying possession if 9/10ths and is good against the everyone except someone who has better title ie the owner...

be careful what is being written on here some of it provides the basis of an extortion and could be used if it is actually carried out. You can think it just don't write it.

#58 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

The last time I saw the vp it was out front damos mechanical workshop around the corner from west coast panel and paint ... He said that the police were sorting that car out as it was suspected it was a stolen vehicle ... That's all I know if you know who owned it send them around and ask him

Cars don't need VIN's in Perth to be scrapped, no databse exists. Where do you think the stolen motors go once stripped and rebirthed. Even motors in the pines are cleared this way. Who is going to check it anyway the three police assigned to Motor Squad....

And no your car cannot be repossed by a creditor if a business goes belly up even if stolen or abandoned. even real estate agents shouldn't just donate the property they need to go through a process to shift ownership in the property to themselves, same as council when they advertise abandoned goods in newspapers. The old saying possession if 9/10ths and is good against the everyone except someone who has better title ie the owner...

be careful what is being written on here some of it provides the basis of an extortion and could be used if it is actually carried out. You can think it just don't write it.

#59 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

When was the last time something was stolen off you ... I'm sure if your pride and joy got takin you'll be saying a hell of a lot more than me I bet .... You don't know me personally but f@&k I'm takin this pretty well for someone who acts first and speaks later if you get my jist

#60 _UCV8_

_UCV8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I assume you are referring to my post. Just saying be careful what you say in a public forum. Just trying to have your back not the other way around...We all need to vent but choose where and what medium...or to put it simply don't post threats of any kind on a forum no matter how pissed off you are as it can be used for basis of evidence in court and has been. Anything happening as far as a police investigation with this. And take let them tell you it is civil as it is a lazy coppers easy way out, its not civil...

#61 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I assume you are referring to my post. Just saying be careful what you say in a public forum. Just trying to have your back not the other way around...We all need to vent but choose where and what medium...or to put it simply don't post threats of any kind on a forum no matter how pissed off you are as it can be used for basis of evidence in court and has been. Anything happening as far as a police investigation with this. And take let them tell you it is civil as it is a lazy coppers easy way out, its not civil...

Point taken ..... Just really pissed

As for the coppers there not interested all they said is if we see it well contact you ... Great way to spend our hard earnt tax money .. On coppers that don't give a shit

#62 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

If it drives past them with a brake light not working you'll have it in no time :spoton:

#63 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hi UCV8, its different if the cars or motors are taken there buy authorized personal. In Melbourne the workers in the yard fill out the form if you rock up with a car with no Vin no they won't take the car. The police might not check every car but I would not try it to prove a point someone must do it somewhere because they do it for statutory write offs and I think once a cars Vin is recorded by the scrap yard, it is written off.If that Torana turned up at the Scrap yard and they didn't put it aside or check it out they are stupid as it is obvesly to good for scap and because they are liable for receiving stolen goods. and if they really don't check the vins and you think they are knowingly taking stolen goods tip off the police, cheers Aaron.

#64 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

I reckon the scrap story is just bull to get you to give up and stop looking.

Probably means someone is on the right track to finding its true location.

No one in their right mind would scrap a shell like that.

#65 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Scrappies aren't in their right minds
Nor do they care for the value of something beyond its worth as a ball of metal

#66 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

I reckon the scrap story is just bull to get you to give up and stop looking.

Probably means someone is on the right track to finding its true location.

No one in their right mind would scrap a shell like that.

if it was left on the road and someone rang up it's plausable....
have you rung the local council?
the ranger may have come by and reported it....but you normally get a 24 hour move notice if he stickers it

#67 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

You get nothing if its stickered and it has no plates on it
Ranger doesn't care and won't/can't look up the VIN
I'd say there were no other identifiers on it... even if the chassis # was readable
Since theres no tags or rego on it

Cops don't look for stolen property... nor do they catch theives... its not what they are told to do
If it turns up they MIGHT tell you
But its really up to you to post info pics etc everywhere you can in the hope someone see's it or gets scared enough to dob someone in

#68 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

If it drives past them with a brake light not working you'll have it in no time :spoton:

Yeah or stick a P plate on it.

s

#69 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think the scrap story is quite likely.

It is definitely worth chasing up asap. If the car has been scrapped then you can stop looking for the car and proceed with prosecuting West Coast Customs.

#70 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

If the car has been scrapped then you can stop looking for the car and proceed with prosecuting West Coast Customs.

You should be prosecuting them already, the car is gone, you're out of pocket and they are responsible for compensation regardless of where the car is. Funnily enough, once proceedings start it may magically be found.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 25 July 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#71 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

It the car was stolen from the workshop then you will probably find that the workshop is not legally liable unless you can prove they were negligent. Proving they were negligent when you do not know what happened is going to be difficult.

#72 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

It the car was stolen from the workshop then you will probably find that the workshop is not legally liable unless you can prove they were negligent. Proving they were negligent when you do not know what happened is going to be difficult.

It'll come down to their story and how a judge will view all the evidence - shop going bankrupt, car going missing? If the owner doesn't provide witnesses it'll come down to his word.

He may also settle out of court if he fears the case will go against him ... or the car will magically be found just by coincidence soon after proceedings start.

s

#73 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Just to stop all confussion on how or why the car dissapered it was like this
Wayne owed 20 k in back rent ...
Owner changed locks while Wayne wasn't there . And a balif was called in . 3 cars were takin around the corner to damos workshop and the owners of 2 cars where notified and the 3 rd was a vp which was a suspected stolen vehicle so damo called the cops and they looked after it ... Now there was a fourth car which was the torry and from all witnesses it was not there at the time of the SHUT ..... According to the owner and Damian ... So it looks as if Wayne got rid of the car before hand ... Now it's understood that this prick owes alot of people money so my instinct says its him ..... But in saying this he's helping my cuzz with enquiries but I still feel he knows more than he lets on .....

#74 torana_nick

torana_nick

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Name:Nick
  • Car:LH Torana Project

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear about the car mate, I hope the car gets found soon.,
Its sad because you don't who you can trust with your car these days..
Good luck wit it all.

Cheers
Nick.

#75 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

If he had a hot VP in the factory what would stop him selling it to a mate all they need to do is buy a peace off shit for its tags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users