TempesT

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Name:James - JImmy or Jim
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

lol she probably wants a fence for the times I wander round there at 3am on a Thursday morning shouting back at you to take a piss.

Yeh I figured you would be already into it.

colour bond fencing aint hard....you could do it yourself. you supply the labor and she can foot the materials..... sounds fair to me.

Also looking at the pics that little shed is right in the way for you to easily access the side of you paved area.

Edited by TempesT, 18 August 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#79 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

PA door is right in the correct spot to access the area easily?

#80 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

looking good bomber, you could have just put the old lady under your pavers and solved half of your problems

#81 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Well DJ sure is back breaking work but worth it in the end. When you ran the compactor over the dust ?? helps if you give it a light spray then hit it with the compactor but im sure you will be right.

Im with Tempes on the fence part, i did all the labour and paid for the fence then got squat of the neighbours. could have taken it to court but really couldnt be bothered as they would have only had to pay for the price of half of a palling fence.

anyways keep up the good work, looking forward to more picks :D

#82 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

How long is it in prison for killing an old ladie?

#83 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Too bad you didn't think of that before, could have tossed her under before doing the pavers as said, but that doesn't mean you can't do a little more paving or concrete work.

Or a little building addition. Nothing like walls with secret compartments to cure what ailes ya.. ;)

Edited by LS1 Hatch, 19 August 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#84 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

lol.

#85 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

It must work....you don't hear about Jimmy Hoffa having much to say lately..lol

#86 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

its not murder if you put her in there alive is it??

#87 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

if she goes willingly then no......
thinking of building a rape dungeon?

#88 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hehehe.

Lee, yeah mate i did use water, after that last pick of my compacting, works way better.

Well, after a long frustrating day full of stoppages and being bitched at, i didnt get much done.

I had to have a break for about 2 hours or so cause i was gonna go off my frOcking head, about the time i posted up ^

Anyway, todays progress

With the complete change of plans i had to clear up a track beside the fence line.

But first went to bunnings, turns out the bastards dont open till 9 on a Sunday, so was standing there for a while waiting.

Then back home with some new stuff, and started on it.

First thing i did was clear out the back corner that i hadnt looked at yet and moved the little shed that was in the corner. Its now set up beside the shed on the other side with some stuff put back in it. A fair portion of the stuff laying beside the shed now is tip worthy.

Posted Image

I also moved about six gearboxes that i had on an old bench top beside the fence to around infront of the gearbox stack, think i need to get rid of a few of them.

Then i ran a stringline out from one of the housing commisoin posts out the back, and over two surveyors pegs that were conveniently in the flats yard next door.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks like im going to pick up a fair bit of land at the end of the day :D.

Im half tempted to get the contractors around for a quote, and a quote to go the whole way t the front boundary peg, one side done then.

That was about when, after agreeing that that is the boundary line, the bitching really started and i got the shits.

Then after my couple of hour break/cool down sesh, i dug back out beside where the fence will be going, dug the pipe out, moved my little retaining wall so it wouldnt all fall down, etc etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Its kinda funny, she's bitching about water draining into her yard, but how i HAD that, it was sloping back towards my place, and sloping down from the shed to form a bit of a belly in the middle of that area and going to the back of my property, and had the pipe down under it to move any extra water on my side.

Now there is a frOcking riverbed down that side and will flood her place, oh well :D

Hopefully i've left enough room there for the fencers to do there thing, time will tell.

Looks like nothing cause i really did get nothing done, but yeah, when your stopped every 5 minutes for a 20 minute winge session its frOcking hard to get anything done.

Why oh why did i start cleaning up the massive rat infested shit pile??

Cheers.

#89 TempesT

TempesT

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Name:James - JImmy or Jim
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

ahhhhh its officially renovating when you start fighting with your neighbors. I have had some fantastic fights with the old owner out the back.

LOL and after one weekend your wishing you didnt start. Got to love having a win with the boundary.

If your intending on staying in your place for a while you cant go wrong throwing some blood sweat and dollars at your place. Give it time and you'll be planning paving the whole way from the road to the shed and alway looking in the building supplies section of the local trader lol.

BTW it looks good.

#90 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

get your plans bomber...you should have got em at settlement
if not the council office/land office will have a copy
these will set out excally where your boundary starts and ends
and where to lay your fence

#91 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

just think as soon as that fence is up she wont be able to see you, and if I were you I'd be telling her I only wanna pay for half a wooden fence, let her foot the rest of ther bill for the colourbond since thats what she wants

#92 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I know a good surveyor!

#93 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Cheers guys.

Jason, right now i'd be happy to pay for the full fence just so i never ever have to see her face again.

Jim, glad i started, just cant get though my head how tidying up the absolutely atrocious junk pile i had and paving the area is such a cause for so many complaints??

I choose to live without a woman in my life because i cant stand nagging or bitching, but for some reason the stupid creatures wont let up.

Quag, probably should, but im rather happy with where that string line is atm. Gain about a foot by the very front of the house over what i have now hehe....Old fence is pretty crooked.

Just to confirm, white pegs with a bit of pink ribbon around them are boundary pegs right??

Adam, bring your gear when you come to rocky :D

Cheers.

#94 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

be careful dj.....if you get it wrong you have to dig your fence up....and land is $$$$$
oh and when the old witch..sorry biddie dies your new neighbours/owners may survey
hence why i said check
it should be free to look..if you want a certified copy they may charge
and fyi never trust old markings...mine is out by about a foot...but on the street side so meh
and there are documented cases of it happening

Just to confirm, white pegs with a bit of pink ribbon around them are boundary pegs right?
surveying marks yes...might be how far to dig for the grader etc as well from memory

Edited by Quagmire, 19 August 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#95 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just to confirm, white pegs with a bit of pink ribbon around them are boundary pegs right??

Adam, bring your gear when you come to rocky :D

Cheers.

Depends on ya definition of a peg, if its about 600mm out of the ground, that is the stake. The peg or mark will be next to or near the stake.

For your fencing purpose probably doesnt matter, just get the fencing quote to note: fence alignment agreed by both property owners, and get her initial on it to accept the quote. Arse covered...

#96 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Quag, there not old markings, there fairly new ones put in there by surveyors who have been doing frOck knows what around here recently.

Adam, cheers for that.

#97 _DomDom_

_DomDom_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

The boundary peg should be a small 50 x 50 peg about 50 mm out of the ground with a clout nailed in the exact spot of the boundary alignment. Very close to, but not the long one with the ribbon. It shouldn't be far off.

Dom.

#98 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

boundy markers ( down here ) here are 70 x 40 and normally painted white. lucky both sides were still in the ground when i did mine. as said above get her to agree that she is happy that, thats were the new fence is going and signed paper work and you safe, then lay out your rails mark were you posts are gonna go, hire and aurger and that will have your holes done in a few hrs then jst have to plumb you posts, fil the holes with rapid set or GP cement then screw your bottom rails on, put your sheets in and screw you top rails on and done, no more granny :D i dont it the hard wad way and dug every bloody hole by arms. try and get you post about 600mm in the ground then they will be very solid. mine have taken on 90km/h winds and are still standing thanks frOck

Edited by nial8r, 20 August 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#99 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

when i did my gates i put the posts down approx 500mm with 80kg concrete each ......mine ain't going nowhere fast either :)

#100 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Cheers for the info on the markers guys.

Ment to get a pick of the ones im looking at but alas, its dark.

She wants to hire someone to install the fence, and tbh im happy with that.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users