Home Improvement

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#101 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Survey marks and plans are different between states...... Either way pretty sure the dividing fences act stipulates that if both parties agree all is good.... Dont involve a surveyor or suggest it, will add another $1000 to the cost.

#102 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Cheers Adam.

Ok, i've googled and googled, how the frOck do i find out who owns the rental properties on each side of the house?

While there going installing the fence beside the old bitties place i'd like to atleast get it done the rest of the way down that particular side, which means contacting the owner of the flats beside me.....

Cheers.

#103 _slaaar_

_slaaar_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

The sturdier the fence the more stuff you will be able to pile up against it & if you get a brick one you can put a .50 cal gun turret on it.

#104 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Call your local council and advise them your adjoining fence is dilapidated and you need to contact the owner of the property to discuss repair. They have to give you the details for free. But postal address only.

#105 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Oh great, now i gotta wait for replies.........Poo.

Oh well, cheers for that.

#106 AbsynthHatch

AbsynthHatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Name:Mark

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Do you know anyone in the real estate industry, cause they have access to a data base of property owners and what they they paid etc

Also instead of tiling the new concrete slab your talking of putting in, have you considered getting it polished, you can do it yourself

Seem some quite nice effects with certain aggregates when polished and sealed and its not slippery either

But beware DJ, house renovations become addictive, then Torana projects can get put on the back burner

#107 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Whitepages.com.au are your friend once you have owners name and address...

#108 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

ppppfffftt pay for it....
wait til the next "wind" kick what remains of the fence down....
claim on insurance....$500 excess is a lot cheaper and quicker than waiting for little old pensioners and flat owners to pay thier half

btw the above information is for entertainment purposes only :)

#109 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Oh great, now i gotta wait for replies.........Poo.

Oh well, cheers for that.

just go next door DJ and ask one of the people that live in one of the flats what real state there with L.J hooker etc then call them and find out. very quick and easy as they can contact the land lord on your behalf. stuff waiting on letters!!!

#110 _slaaar_

_slaaar_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

yep agree with above. Just ask and then contact the agent and they will deal with the owner for you. worked for me.

#111 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Here are the pegs in question

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As you can see, a tall skiny white peg beside a small white peg about 50x50 buried righrt in the ground. The buried peg to the very front of the property is to the flats side of the tall peg, the other one, next to the old bitties place, is just behind the tall peg.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Short ones look just like this

Posted Image

#112 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

they seem to be water markers DJ, gas is yellow, and them 50x50 pegs are your boundry markers as they have lot numbers on them. i could be wrong about the water marker though.

what number is you your joint Bomber ??

Edited by nial8r, 21 August 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#113 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Tall pegs say "Lot 15"

My rates notice says "Lot 15"

So i have a winner??

CBF'd digging out one of the short 50x50 looking ones to see whats written on that, but if it matters i will :D

Cheers.

#114 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

The "stake" with the writing and ribbon is merely to enable someone to find the peg or boundary mark. In this case, the 2"x2" peg. So, you need to string to the middle of the peg, unless there is a small nail in the top which is the precise corner.

In the absence of a peg at the base of a stake. There will usually be something written on the stake e.g. "LOT 15 Nail in Conc". As the surveyor has hit a footing etc, and has the placed a mickey pin in the concrete as it was not possible to hit a peg in.

And yes DJ, lot 15 should match your real property description on your rates notice.

Just be careful pulling stringlines throug from adjoining lots, it is not always the case that adjoining properties are exactly perpindicular or even coincidental with your boundary line or corners...,.

Bear in mind its a fence on relatively low value land, not an inner city sky scraper site, so go for gold ! Steel a couple hundred mills if you can! Move the stake onto her side a bit and smash the peg right in flush!

#115 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

You sir are a frOcking legend.

#116 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

15 on the stake and 15 on you rates = win win thats your boundry. string line center of one peg to the center of the other and whats on your side of the string line is yours even if it is a dead granny for touching your string line :D

#117 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hehe.

Sadly i cant see any pegs in the granny's yard, her stupid garden is probably covering them.

Those pegs are in the rental property next doors yard.

Cheers.

#118 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

you on sewage or septic tank bomber?

#119 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

sewerage pipe runs through the yard, far behind that line to my knowlege.

#120 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

mmmm not for sewage pipes?
so then why you got strangers running through your yard?
you get notice for access to your property?
and chicken wire? wtf? that's not a fence ffs....
mustin be a high crime rate in rocky lol

#121 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Those pegs arnt in my yard. There next door.

Chicken wire is what i wish to replace....Been there 24 years nearly :D

Cheers.

#122 _Waldorf_

_Waldorf_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hook the chicken wire up to the next door nieghbours 240,that way if anyone dies its there fault........word will get around pretty quickly to stay away from your hose and you wont need a fence at all....................

#123 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Good call Dorf.

#124 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Why would anyone want DJ's hose ?

#125 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Cause its there?

Edited by Bomber Watson, 22 August 2012 - 07:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users