Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Make round up your friend :D poison one on your side and have no more problems. :spoton:

Edited by Mort, 26 August 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#177 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Im faced with a dilemma and would like some advice.

Old lady is happilly playing ball with the fence, will pay half her section, beautie.

Lady who owns the flats which make up the other half of that fence has said she will pay half, BUT has gone on holidays and wont be back for a month, and she wanats to "think about it more" not sure what that means.

Lad who owns the rental on the other side hasnt replied to my email yet. He is overseas atm.

I dont want to wait a full month before i even book the fencers, so im very tempted just to pay the full price for the section next to the flats. Its only $1500 or so. That way i can get that whole side done, both sections of fence and the return, looking at about $3500....

Or i could get onto the fencers and ask if they wish to just come and do the one 20mt section for now and wait.....

Im a little annoyed at both the other parties being a bit hard to deal with, i have offered to demolish and dispose of the existing fences entirely at my own time and expense to try to motivate them a little, if they frOck me around though they will be getting a bill.

What should i do??

#178 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dj you need to follow the letter of the law. I.e the dividing fences act. Pretty sure there are provisions if you get no response, but still better to wait till you have contact with them. If you do it, no way you will get anything out of them. I believe it is actually illegal to move, modify, or replace a boundary fence without the owners permission, so be careful, plenty of Daisy Chains around.

Hit your fencer up and tell him, this bit first, rest to follow....if it doesnt happen least your not out of pocket.

#179 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Rock and a hard place.

I hate that position, if you are prepared to wait till the other parties are back to town (assuming that won't be longer than a month) then ask the fencers if they are prepared to come back later to do the rest at no extra cost than the original quote.

I don't know where you stand legally demanding they pay their half but if thats a no go then i know they have no say in what fence you decide to put up so they will have to suck it up if they don't like it.

#180 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

get them to do the 1 then.

you can see if the fencers are any good (if they're shit you can get different one to do the other 20).
others see the fence and go wow my fence looks shit now i should hurry up and get mr bomber to ring the fencers.

Edited by Hamo, 06 September 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#181 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Adams right DJ you will need permission off the other land owners but if they dont want color bond then they only have to pay half the price of a palling fence.

really it comes down to how bad you want the fence ??

I hit both of my neighbours up to go halfs in new fences, i got the big fat "NO" off both sides but they were happy for me to go ahead and rip down what was left of the 23YO palling fence. so in the end i said frOck it not living with with the shit, rotted away posts, pallings missing, parts of the fence leaning on a 45degree so in a weekend i ripped down the old shit had the new colorbond up and just had to wait a week till the 3 gate frames got powder coated and footed the bill my self ,5k it set me back, even welded up a side gate for one neighbour out of some of my old pool fence and his timber gate fell apart as soon as i touched it, didnt get so much as a thanks mate.

so really in the end it depends on how much you really want the fence up and how long you are prepaired to wait??

#182 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ill say it once last time....if you had done the correct thing two or more weeks ago. I.e. writing letters to the adjoining owners as
Er the dividing fences act, you woul be more than half way there by now. Instead of contacting real estates etc.

Its all great advice to just do it cos you want it....but frOck that.... The extra couple of thousand you are not out of pocket can go a long way to other things. Its not hard, follow the process, do the right things and it will happen, perhaps not as fast as you like, but who cares, you have no dog your trying to restrain and its been like that for how many years? And frOck the adjooning owners they are OBLIGATED to pay by law, so just follow the right avenues. As Lee said they dont have to pay half of what you want, BUT they dont have to pay for half a palong fence either, completely wrong...read the act, know your rights, have some patience, knowledge is power!

#183 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Whats the point of wrighting letters when there both away?

Will do anyway, i'll try to deal with the council and get the addy's.

Not that its much good, if they dont reply its got to go to court, frOck that, not worth it.

I've read the fencing act five times now.

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 06 September 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#184 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Well ill have ro re read it too, but i am sure there are time limitations, regardless of where they are or live...

#185 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

There is, one month to reply, if they dont in that time then it goes to court.

I didnt bother with that evenue cause its to much frOcking effort. The court will rule in favor or replacing both fences, because there #@$^%&, that i've figured out, but the court MAY rule that i have to build some shitty little fence.

Hence i think its easyer, in this case atleast, to just foot the extra $700 or so and get one side done......According to the act im well within my right to not only demolish but also build a fence on the boundary line so long as i have notified the property owner of my intentions.

Cheers.

#186 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

i told you...wait till a little wind comes along...kick the shit out of it
let insurance deal with the b/s :)
all up cost $500 excess

#187 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Sounds like good advise quag might just get windy all of a sudden at my place

#188 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Sounds like good advise quag might just get windy all of a sudden at my place

well we just had a storm :)
if you have a pool you won't have to wait...ie they will fix it in two days not a month like normal lol

#189 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Adam i was always told that the neighbour has to pay for half the price of a palling fence and if they dont you can take it to court and they will be made pay the half. i didnt bother as spending the day in court for a few hundred clams was just a waist of my time and not worth the bitch fight....

#190 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Re: permissions for boundary fences,

would it be ok to build a fence then, without their permission, 2 inches your side of the boundary?

#191 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

yes, including footings. No need to even remove the old one, just build it straight in front of it..

Edited by Skapinad, 07 September 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#192 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

hmmmm, so you could realistically build a shitful ugly fence on their side and have your side nice haha.

#193 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

yep thats what we did with ours, the old dude next door didnt want to pay so we build next to it, and every time we see him touching our fence we let him know he is touching private property.... after 5 years he has learnt not to touch it, climb on it, breath on it

#194 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

do something differnt bomber (like this)

Attached Files

#195 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

thats really frOcking cool haha.

#196 _tryhard_

_tryhard_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

I've just had the same problems with my neighbour I know all the current rules and regs come over & have a chat

#197 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Your going about this all wrong Bomber, all you need is some gas from welding bottles a match and...

#198 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ejEJGNLTo84
or
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=20ZLefQC_oU
cruzia?

#199 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Righto, time for a slight update on whats happening around here, and some more stupid questions.

Firstly, fence. Were getting there, finally. The neighbor on the right has agreed happilly to play along, goody, the owner of the flats on the left hasnt got back to me, that section of the fence is short and reasonably cheap so im just going to cover the whole thing, frOck it. The old lady on the left back is still being an absolute Daisy Chain. Now she wants a frOcking nib wall as well, so i've had to get onto the fencing mob to try to get a new quote. This also has to go through all of her tree roots etc, im really unimpressed, but, im trying to get something sorted this week. Hopefully hopefully.....

Apart from that the yard is looking reasonably clean, didnt get any picks but its coming along nicely. Basically widdled all the stuff from around the yard i dont want down now.

The shed is also reasonably clean now, with exception of the LJ pulled apart again across two bays and another engine half pulled down taking up another bay, i kinda have enough room for three cars again haha (plus the two in there now)

Dad has purchased a little caravan type thing on a double plot in a caravan park, permanent majigy, havnt seen it yet but he seems pleased, so he will be moving out in a bit under two weeks. This free's up a lot of space on my end, and i'll be able to use his room to stack everything i dont want in the other rooms whilst i start working around the house.

I"ve been fairly thinking about what i wish to do to the house, being pretty broke isnt helping so its not going to be anything fast, and have a pretty good idea, but recently i've been thinking about something else....

Council approval. According to the council plans my house still has an outdoor toilet. The shed is there luckilly. The area built in around the outhouse which is currently the laundry type area and the pergola are not on the council plans.

What should i do about this? The laundry type area and a form of the pergola have been there for like 30 years now, we have had council inspectors etc around looking at the shed and that kinda thing and no one has picked up on it, but before i go spending money on those areas i thought i should get some other oppinions.

Whats the go with council approval on such a thing? Whole area is asbestos sheeting so im guessing that would be a downer from start, im assuming they would class something like this as a "new structure" even though its been there forever?

should i try to get it approved? Should i just leave it? Should i do what i wish? Or should i knock it all down and start again with approval......These are the questions running through my head atm.

Been trying to catch up with a chippy mate, the lad who rebuilt the pergola about 20 years ago actually, about what would be involved with approval....

Few other q's burning in my mind atm, but thats the main one.....

Cheers.

#200 _DomDom_

_DomDom_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

You could get council to give you a DA for the existing structure. That's just a guarantee that they won't make you take it down. It will cost a few hundred dollars. At least that's how it works in NSW.

Dom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users