a word of warning

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#1 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

when selling a lc/lj xu1 that is not the real deal from now on and you dont disclose this as been a re-birth or a re-shelled car you will be named and shamed,,, and will end up in court, has there is to many money grabbing scum bags out there that care zero about the furture of these cars.

ps i no the signs

cheers eagle eye

#2 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Haha good stuff Gong. Love the nickname too :P If anyone will catch em, it will be you!

#3 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

so they should m8 these scumbags deserve concrete boots and in the river good work gong there are lots of rebodies and plate swapped cars out there though as you know....

#4 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Yeah there is a wanted ad on Gumtree at the moment for some knob that wants to buy GTR tags.

#5 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Yeah there is a wanted ad on Gumtree at the moment for some knob that wants to buy GTR tags.

yeah potta unfotunately you will never stop this shit m8.....

#6 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

yer we should but I will be told again all the legal shit gets in the way

#7 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

this add is specified for those whom think they can just take any year and model and turn it into an xu1 i have 20 plus years of hands on ex with these cars and i know by telling people my findings that these changers can be made, it want matter what book you read or what info you have unless you know what i do you will be court out, i would reconmend any one that is buying an xu1 to contact me and we will talk over the car has i dont want anyone getting robbed any more, also to the people that have re birthed the 71 and 73 bathurst cars for making money out of, you are all ass holes and busted, i will not under cut anyone wanting to know about the car there looking at so you can feel safe with asking or giving me photos and numbers to a car your looking at, but in saying this i will not give the details of the body changers to people to look for them selfs, i have great confadence in bazza and his numbers but im sure he will give me the same respect about the bodys

your call
cheers gong

#8 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

name='LONA-CK' timestamp='1357766677' post='724293']
this add is specified for those whom think they can just take any year and model and turn it into an xu1 i have 20 plus years of hands on ex with these cars and i know by telling people my findings that these changers can be made, it want matter what book you read or what info you have unless you know what i do you will be court out, i would reconmend any one that is buying an xu1 to contact me and we will talk over the car has i dont want anyone getting robbed any more, also to the people that have re birthed the 71 and 73 bathurst cars for making money out of, you are all ass holes and busted, i will not under cut anyone wanting to know about the car there looking at so you can feel safe with asking or giving me photos and numbers to a car your looking at, but in saying this i will not give the details of the body changers to people to look for them selfs, i have great confadence in bazza and his numbers but im sure he will give me the same respect about the bodys

your call
cheers gong
[/s]

Well said John..
You seem pissed???
After doing the 4 to 6 cut-n-shut.. I amazed at how easy it worked out... You would have to know what you are looking for as its easy to hide..
Makes you wonder what people are up to doesnt it....
There are a LOT of cars for sale without tags.... Shonky buggers..
Your a man with knowladge that cant be bought...

My thoughts
Mike

#9 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

It's not just the LC and LJ's either, there are a lot of cars out there that have big question marks over them and plenty have been and will be caught out. Some might remember someone who had a truck load of cars turn up for a car magazine years ago all claiming to be something special. All of them were later sold and found to be reshells and fakes.

#10 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

maybe we need to start a thread kind of like the LC/LJ verification thread. But all that goes in there is known dodgy cars ?

I know the perfect car to get the thread rolling hey John !

#11 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Well said John..
You seem pissed???
After doing the 4 to 6 cut-n-shut.. I amazed at how easy it worked out... You would have to know what you are looking for as its easy to hide..
Makes you wonder what people are up to doesnt it....
There are a LOT of cars for sale without tags.... Shonky buggers..
Your a man with knowladge that cant be bought...

My thoughts
Mike

Hi Mike,

I dont know that someone selling a car without tags can be labelled shonky ? without the tags its not like most would try to sell it as the real thing, and it may have been bought like that.

Your car is missing tags isnt it, so will that make you shonky if/when you eventually sell it ?

Edited by Skapinad, 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#12 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi Mike,

I dont know that someone selling a car without tags can be labelled shonky ? without the tags its not like most would try to sell it as the real thing, and it may have been bought like that.

Your car is missing tags isnt it, so will that make you shonky if/when you eventually sell it ?

Hi adam... Yes it seems im a hippocrite.... It has the compliance tag and I do know the numbers.. Im talking about the cars that have nothing... Just makes me think..

#13 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Nah, not saying your bodge mate.... But knowing the numbers is slightly different... I assume from original rego papers or owners documents, yeah ? Or something that clearly ties all the numbers together..

Edited by Skapinad, 10 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#14 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nah, not saying your bodge mate.... But knowing the numbers is slightly different... I assume from original rego papers or owners documents, yeah ? Or something that clearly ties all the numbers together..

No worries.. Yep, research, rego papers and Bazza and John Gong helped verify and track numbers down.
Im just stating that I have looked at at least a dozen cars here in adelaide that have no tags.. only body number.. and one of those was definatly welded in.. a bodgy job..

I looked at one yesterday and he said
" you can take the tags off that LC and put on the LJ and rego"... The LJ has no tags.. Shonky... I wasnt interested..
I wonder how many there are out there?????
There was a nice set on ebay for an LC GTR.... People will grab thoses and re tag a car...
After doing the 4 to 6 join.... Im very scepitcal when looking at cars now.. I take my torch and tools to poke around the car.. I know where to look now.
They dont like it if they are hiding something.. I looked at an LC 2 door... Was a cut job with and LJ rear with LC indicators welded in.. And it wasnt even a good job..
I dont say anything to them..I say " sorry buddy, its not for me, but thanks anyway"....

Mike

#15 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Out Of curiosity I asked the person selling them if he wanted to sell.
Just got an email fom the person selling some GTR tags on ebay that has been removed.... He says that someone has offered him $3500 for them.. Looks like someone really need the tags for their re bodied car..

#16 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

when selling a lc/lj xu1 that is not the real deal from now on and you dont disclose this as been a re-birth or a re-shelled car you will be named and shamed,,, and will end up in court, has there is to many money grabbing scum bags out there that care zero about the furture of these cars.

ps i no the signs

cheers eagle eye

Just wondering how this could end up in court? what's the charge going to be, selling a car with badges that it didnt come out of the factory with??

How's the future of these cars going to be affected, holy cow, imagine if someone just started making them from scratch? wouldnt the future for the cars be good, having more than them around?

Or is this about petty owners just trying to protect their investments from dropping value because there are more of them around. If buyers are going to pay top dollar for a tonne and bit of 40 year old + metal because of a couple of supposed badges or tags that it came out of the factory with, then its up to them to determine the supposed authenticity.

Edited by torbirdie, 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#17 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Its called fraud think about it

#18 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Just wondering how this could end up in court? what's the charge going to be, selling a car with badges that it didnt come out of the factory with??

How's the future of these cars going to be affected, holy cow, imagine if someone just started making them from scratch? wouldnt the future for the cars be good, having more than them around?

Or is this about petty owners just trying to protect their investments from dropping value because there are more of them around. If buyers are going to pay top dollar for a tonne and bit of 40 year old + metal because of a couple of supposed badges or tags that it came out of the factory with, then its up to them to determine the supposed authenticity.

Of all the dumb sh!t you come up with, this has to be some of the dumbest.

They are representing a car that is worth around $10k as a car that is worth $80-100k

Plain and simple misrepresentation which amounts to fraud.

#19 torana_nick

torana_nick

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Name:Nick
  • Car:LH Torana Project

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Fraud for sure. I think that's like 5 years min.
Imo Better ways of making money

#20 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hi

This has been posted before:

http://blog.hemmings...d-falcon-xw-gt/

Cheers

Bazza

#21 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Another:

http://www.examiner....-falcon-seller/

#22 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

ps i no the signs

cheers eagle eye

Best to get your feelings out in the open.

I guess this is not the place for people to sell a collection of Flee-Bay compliance plates. :stirpot:

Personally all rip-off or fraudsters should be named and the details publicly revealed imo. This politically correct BS just allows them to thrive and fool more bunnys. You should only ever buy well documented and known cars as the risk can be high with the dollars involved.

#23 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Of all the dumb sh!t you come up with, this has to be some of the dumbest.

They are representing a car that is worth around $10k as a car that is worth $80-100k

Plain and simple misrepresentation which amounts to fraud.

Seems u have missed the major pt I've made. It appears the op isn't concerned about buyers being deceived nor about having plenty of toranas driving around, but making sure that his investment a aren't devalued by more to choose from.

Personally, I'm not into lying or deception, but where is the line going to be drawn here?

There is one case of jail, but didn't that involve a stolen car? The other involved having to sue and no criminal conviction.

How many cases of fraud are the courts going to be listening to? I'm guessing 99% of used car sales involve a lie somewhere in the sale: The seller told me it was always stored in a garage and it wasn't?

#24 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

torbirdieSeems u have missed the major pt I've made. It appears the op isn't concerned about buyers being deceived nor about having plenty of toranas driving around, but making sure that his investment a aren't devalued by more to choose from.

the problem here is i only own one lc torana that i will pass down to my kids to enjoy, all other cars i buy i re-store for people and sell them on at a weekly wage, not once have i stung a person great value for a car not once have i sold a car that has being re birthed or re shelled with out letting the owner know that was my findings.

so you think i own more then you is that the point
CHEERS

Edited by LONA-CK, 14 January 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#25 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

torbirdieSeems u have missed the major pt I've made. It appears the op isn't concerned about buyers being deceived nor about having plenty of toranas driving around, but making sure that his investment a aren't devalued by more to choose from.

the problem here is i only own one lc torana that i will pass down to my kids to enjoy, all other cars i buy i re-store for people and sell them on at a weekly wage,

CHEERS

So indeed your motivations here are to maintain the rare status of these cars otherwise your role in buying/selling/re-store( or do you mean restore?)(be it for a regular wage) and the value of your one "investment" (be it being passed onto future generations) could disappear/diminsh.

Edited by torbirdie, 14 January 2013 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users