266 replies to this topic

#51 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Last I remember, our friend was banned for being a royal pain in the arse and continually being the source of unrest on the forums.

I've never seen him actively contribute to the social element of the forum, post up anything relating to his or her own vehicles (other than the fact that one was a UC)

I really see no value in having TB or DA as members of the forum, nor do I see why he/she continues to post.

If you went to a bar where you didnt like the music, or the staff, or the other customers, you constantly got in arguments with patrons etc etc, but the Chai Lattes were the perfect blend (taking a wild guess at his drink of choice....)

would you continue to go back???

The "final solution" was enacted years ago because the member asked for it. How about we actually make it final this time?

#52 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

There are a list of rules to comply with when you come to the forum and post, if someone breaks those rules they are warned or banned if it continues.
If we banned and warned everyone for having an opinion (whether we agree with it or not) the forum would close down thrugh lack of interest or members.
Provided it doesn't get personal and threatening, then it can stay. Having said that, we got rid of a couple of people who contributed nothing except shit stirring like Richo.
The member in question here has contributed plenty of helpful posts, even if they are usually to the point of implying they are superior to everyone else.
We will be monitoring though.......

#53 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Don't feed the troll.

#54 8d11p

8d11p

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Name:8d11p

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

How many cases of fraud are the courts going to be listening to? I'm guessing 99% of used car sales involve a lie somewhere in the sale: The seller told me it was always stored in a garage and it wasn't?

torbirdie, that is such a weak argument.

In the case of knowingly selling a fake GTR, XU1 or whatever vehicle, a person could be prosecuted, in Victoria at least, under section 81 of the Crimes Act. (Other states would have similar leglislation)

81. Obtaining property by deception

(1) A person who by any deception dishonestly obtains property belonging to
another, with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it, is
guilty of an indictable offence and liable to level 5 imprisonment (10 years
maximum).

The deception would be the purporting (rebirthed, rebadged etc) of the vehicle to be what it is not.

The dishonesty part quite obvious.

Obtain property belonging to another (the other person money, a swap etc).

It would be no different than forging a famous painting and then selling it stating that it had been painted by that famous painter.

Section 81 is in Section 2 of the Victorian Crimes Act 1958, Theft and Similar or Associated Offences. If you are convicted under these sections you are quite simply a thief.

Such a shame that more of these types of sellers are not reported.

#55 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

There are a list of rules to comply with when you come to the forum and post, if someone breaks those rules they are warned or banned if it continues.
If we banned and warned everyone for having an opinion (whether we agree with it or not) the forum would close down thrugh lack of interest or members.
Provided it doesn't get personal and threatening, then it can stay. Having said that, we got rid of a couple of people who contributed nothing except shit stirring like Richo.
The member in question here has contributed plenty of helpful posts, even if they are usually to the point of implying they are superior to everyone else.
We will be monitoring though.......

I'm sure we should have a rule about being perma-banned and then coming back again??

I don't think anyone wants him given the boot for having an unpopular opinion, its not so much the content but the presentation that is an issue.

The Forum is meant to foster a positive attitude between members, a good community social spirit, as well as provide a base for sharing knowledge.

I'd concede that TB has some helpful posts in the tech sections (although their wording is often questionable) so lets just lock it in there and take away posting rights for the "social" sections of the forums

#56 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

torbirdie

Just wondering how this could end up in court? what's the charge going to be, selling a car with badges that it didnt come out of the factory with??

i was thinking TAGS not badges

How's the future of these cars going to be affected, holy cow, imagine if someone just started making them from scratch? wouldnt the future for the cars be good, having more than them around?

there is more running around now then what left the factory, just ask brian from the old xu1 sydney club

Or is this about petty owners just trying to protect their investments from dropping value because there are more of them around. If buyers are going to pay top dollar for a tonne and bit of 40 year old + metal because of a couple of supposed badges or tags that it came out of the factory with, then its up to them to determine the supposed authenticity.

well if this was the case i would not of needed to start this thread, as people are being robbed all the time and by forum members, you see people on ebay selling dealer code list, i have heaps that are not posted on this forum, the vin disc is for sale all the time to, but i worry about money and making money so much well why dont i sell the info i have on these cars, that can prove fake cars from real ones

cheers gong

#57 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

If John's motive was to make money, wouldn't he use his knowledge and experience to create fraudulent GTR's etc?

#58 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

If John's motive was to make money, wouldn't he use his knowledge and experience to create fraudulent GTR's etc?

^^^ Agreed, and he wouldn't give a toss about helping people identify the rebirths so they don't get ripped off.

#59 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

About as silly as suggesting accountants that want to make money would set up elaborate embezzlement schemes, not everyone sees sense in criminal behaviour

#60 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Wow, low blow torbirdie....

How about you go and procriate orally with your sphincter!

#61 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Procriate and sphincter speaka da english ewe Daisy Chain

#62 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

A statement, not directed at anyone, that may or may not be related to this topic..................
Some people, of obvious learning and knowledge, cannot necessarily be deemed as intelligent.

#63 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Edited by Skapinad, 16 January 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#64 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

^^^ Agreed, and he wouldn't give a toss about helping people identify the rebirths so they don't get ripped off.

He would if his living relied on it, but not to say this is not done out of the goodness of the heart either.

What happens when no-one has the expertise to indentify all the dodgy cars? all of a sudden no-one is prepared to pay large amounts for classics as they are unsure of their integrity, and hence the obvious consequences for those who own these cars.

And along with that the top end of the resto market on these falls away: spending 30-40 grand on a resto on a car that may not be the real deal is overcapitalising.

My initial problem with this thread, the implication that law and order is going to spend a lot of time ( and tax payer money) weeding out sellers so buyers don't have to do due diligence when purchasing,

Edited by torbirdie, 16 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#65 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

My initial problem with this thread, the implication that law and order is going to spend a lot of time ( and tax payer money) weeding out sellers so buyers don't have to do due diligence when purchasing,

It will always be up to the purchaser to carry out due diligence but if they don't really know what they are looking at then they can still be easily caught out.
At the end of the day it would be up to the purchaser of a purported genuine original GTR or XU1 that is identified as being a fake to initiate legal action against the vendor, if they so choose.
John is simply offering to help identify the pretenders, rebirths, fakes or whatever you want to call them.
And I wouldn't bet on it that the justice system won't be interested in bringing shonky restorers or vendors to account.

#66 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

He would if his living relied on it, but not to say this is not done out of the goodness of the heart either.

What happens when no-one has the expertise to indentify all the dodgy cars? all of a sudden no-one is prepared to pay large amounts for classics as they are unsure of their integrity, and hence the obvious consequences for those who own these cars.

And along with that the top end of the resto market on these falls away: spending 30-40 grand on a resto on a car that may not be the real deal is overcapitalising.

The initial post was offering help if you need a car checked out wasn't it?

Thereby preventing the law from having to get involved.

Oh, and just so you know, just because you write something on a forum it does not make it true. Your opinion is not a reflection of fact.

Edited by Potta, 17 January 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#67 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

it's been done in qld
and nsw with a shonky ex pres of a certain club
and i'm sure there will be more to come as we head towards the yanks way of legal justice..
oh and options are like assholes... every bodies got one

#68 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

If a purchaser does not know what they are looking for when buying a genuine xu1 they should
get it checked out by a expert.

I have seen heaps of rebodies, I own a lc xu1 and also a lc s 2 door i am no expert and can
still can pick the fakes.

#69 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

plain and simple
this is what started this thread

ultrabluea9x

hi guys can you please let me know what you think it is worth as she sits
(my 4th baby due in 3 weeks might have to sell) :cry:
6month 72 gtr xu1 (adelaide car )
loneoranger paint
black and white hounds tooth trim(only have black trim)
have most parts ......

missing cylinder head and distributor,grille,dashpad and a few other bits and pieces nothing major
please be honest thanks glenn
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PLEASE BE HONEST [YEH RIGHT] this bloke was a trusted forum member.

what a shame go and fined and read the full post and you will see how sly this was,,,,
this is only one of about how many i can post, what i want these people to know is that there are differences between the years in cars that only my selected few know about,,,
between 69-70-71-early 73 and late 8th month 73 cars all have body changes, so for those who think they can take a early 73 shell and put the 73 bathursts numbers and changers in or on it, YOUR WRONG

please note over due time this info i have will be passed on to a person in each state, please do not send me pms asking for these changes as they will not be given to anyone other than those i choose, the only reason i am giving these changes to some people, are so once i do name cars and members that i have back up so i dont have to show these changes in proving that im right.

i mean to say i have give out changes in the pass that i should have kept to myself, and if i give these ones out on this open forum the people that have made the mistake will then make the change to get it right
torbirdie

i did not start this thread to save or make money, if you have read the shit above you will mabe understand, but in saying all that i could not give two fxxks for you or what you think, i have being tring to be nice and a none keyboard warrior like some, and one more thing i hope one day you get stung i will be lmfao.

most people that are into these cars are tring to live a youth, or it my be there dad had one and they remember riding in the back seat, and there is no doubt we will have kids and they will most likely follow in how foot steps, we might remember now the fakes and re birthed cars getting around, but what about how kids

you might live the life where money is every thing, yeh right it can put you on a petastool and buy almost everything you want, [friends love] but you will only fined out whats real, once you have nothing.

im into fixing cutting re storing these cars for what the numbers say they are and selling them true to what I know they really are, i have tons of parts, i only sell when i need money to feed my kids or pay my bills, i have many people come here year after year and most times they take a part for pittance and these people that i help are most members and they know who they are'

so in summary you can think what you like of me as i will of you
cheers dickhead

#70 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I bought my car in 1989, there were fakes running around then even though they were'nt that expensive, there was also some identifying parts at that time which made it easier to tell the real from the fakes........ BUT with the likes of Rare Spares and other parts providers suppling most parts now it is much harder to pick.... John I believe you and your motivation for doing this... Torbirdie argument makes no sense, he/she is arguing for the sake of it (either that or he/she is incrediblely stupid).. again John, every true Torana enthusiast applaudes what you are doing.... Keep the Bastards honest that's what I say.
Thank you again John Gong.....
Cheers Chaos..

#71 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Be careful who you choose John as you know mouths sometimes can't be shut.
Will let you know the out come of that 8 month 73 car on the weekend.

#72 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

I know John isn't usually the best wordsmith around, but you've outdone yourself a couple times in here John! great responses.

#73 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

You know very little about the classic motor vehicle market don't you.......
Where there is no-one to provide expertise for due diligence, the number of fraudulent and misrepresented cars is greater.
Buyers tend to spend less time confirming details and prices are lower due to the greater number of cars available.
Buyers are less worried about confirming the facts where the price is lower and those touting dodgy cars aren't too concerned about lower sale values as they just want someone's hard earned in their pocket.

This was the case many years ago, when cars were changing hands with little to no checks.

Again, you have little knowledge or experience of Police Vehicle Fraud or Organised Crime operations.
Copious amounts of time and money is spent on this.
Operations can run for years.
Prosecutions have been substantial and continue to occur.
I have spent quite a bit of time discussing issues with and assisting officers from Vic and Qld.
One of the recognised experts on Grp C cars in a police officer whom I have learnt much from.

For someone to be a Devils Advocate they need to have a valid argument.
You have none.

Grant..

#74 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Where there is no-one to provide expertise for due diligence, the number of fraudulent and misrepresented cars is greater.
Buyers tend to spend less time confirming details and prices are lower due to the greater number of cars available.
Buyers are less worried about confirming the facts where the price is lower and those touting dodgy cars aren't too concerned about lower sale values as they just want someone's hard earned in their pocket.

Did I not mention something along those lines:

Personally, couldnt give a brass razoo.........but the point being our OP has a keen interest in making sure that fakes etc are brought to everyone's attention as his livelihood revolves around maintaining the present market.

Edited by torbirdie, 17 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#75 u1 71

u1 71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Name:peter
  • Car:torana

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

what about these cars with restamped engine numbers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users