• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#76 _Anubis_

_Anubis_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Dont post much on here - unless I feel strongly about something

My 2 cents worth........

Torbirdie says : "but the point being our OP has a keen interest in making sure that fakes etc are brought to everyone's attention as his livelihood revolves around maintaining the present market."

Or could it be that the "OP" simply believes in the concepts of honesty, truth and legitimacy ?

I, for one, gives a pat on the back for people with these values

Strange that you want to downplay these values Torbirdie - maybe says more about your integrity ?

Cheers John Gong - keep your head up - what you are doing is appreciated by the silent majority

Edited by Anubis, 17 January 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#77 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

You know very little about the classic motor vehicle market don't you.......
Where there is no-one to provide expertise for due diligence, the number of fraudulent and misrepresented cars is greater.
Buyers tend to spend less time confirming details and prices are lower due to the greater number of cars available.

Grant..

I think it's not about the number of cars available , no one is prepared to risk buying them anymore , the old non performance cars are still selling OK . It's a shame for years ,the performance car clubs haven't done much to enhance the name of the genuine cars , and are leaving it up to John Gong.

#78 _toranalover_

_toranalover_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

my opinion in point form
-gong is a good bloke who is trying to do the right thing by all torana lovers including me.
-torbidie is craving attention by attempting to win an un-winnable argument
- anyone who hinders gongs endeavours to name and shame shonky sellers on this forum should be ejected!

cheers
amr

Edited by toranalover, 17 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#79 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Personally, couldnt give a brass razoo.........but the point being our OP has a keen interest in making sure that fakes etc are brought to everyone's attention as his livelihood revolves around maintaining the present market.

Mate you have your head so far up your ass you think your shit dont stink. Who are you to question Gongs integrity in these matters as if you know him personally? Your line of reasoning verges on being a personal insult to the man. We need more of him and less of people like you with your tainted opinion on how the world really is..what a bitter individual you must be torbirdie i feel sorry for you.

#80 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Aido, he's just a keyboard cowboy........the fifteen year old do a better job.

Did I not mention something along those lines:

NO, you said people would stop buying them, which is wrong.
Perhaps you should stop to read what you write then take so time to actually read the responses.

With no "regulation" and less hindrance from the clubs, cops and experts, every dickhead and his dog will have a 73 "Bathurst" for sale, prices will go down, feeding frenzy begins......then in many years time, when a large model based forum develops, suddenly people start to find they haven't got what they paid good money for........
Obviously you know nothing about the history of muscle cars in Australia.
And you know nothing about the swag of "Grp C" cars that were bought for mega bucks, raced then spectacularly shown up for the fakes they were.
Some people here helped root that out, and many of the Grp C faithful didn't want to know.
And those cars were exceptionally well done.....it took people with the knowledge of John Gong to find the faults......

Go home. You've lost. accept it.

Grant..

#81 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

on post 80 my name has come up it states that aldo is a keyboard cow boy,a 15 year old can do a better job, which smart arse spoke about me
ive just starting to read this thread and to see my name mentioned that some prick calls me a cow boy
i want to know who said it

aldo

#82 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

What an aptly named thread.

#83 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

on post 80 my name has come up it states that aldo is a keyboard cow boy,a 15 year old can do a better job, which smart arse spoke about me
ive just starting to read this thread and to see my name mentioned that some prick calls me a cow boy

aldo

aido (adrian), not aldo....

Edited by Skapinad, 18 January 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#84 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

aldo

Be calm aldo, ender was just replying to my post which i made in regards to torbirdie. My nickname is aido which is short for adrian, hope this makes sense. ;)

#85 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

sorry guys i thought someone was being smart remarking me,

my appologys to all concerned

ive been following this thread with great interest

john keep them on there toes, theres nothing wrong in building toranas, as long as the new owners know exactly what there buying when its time to sell,
i can pick a dud gtr or xu1 a mile away as ive had well over 35 plus years with these great pocket rockets
my 2 bobs worth at this stage

regards aldo

#86 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

There was supposedly an " Elenor" mustang around here being a well done fake,and the guy who brought this car was'nt what you would call a novice,i hav'nt seen it around for a while so it may well be out there still

#87 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

If you know of any speek up and say so or shut up.( i wish all the fakes where ratted out) Prove they are fake and let the law do it's job and people will know witch cars are fake, then you will have an outcome. I for one think there is more fakes then real cars and yes there is some very good copies out there.
Don't take it the wrong way as i want the fakes shown up for what they are.

Edited by lcxu105, 23 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#88 _hqgts_

_hqgts_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

It doesnt help when companies like rare spares are now reproducing warranty service books for cars. (This is the owner details and service history booklet not the owners manual) I saw a repro HK warranty service book on their stand at summernats. A while back this was raised on another forum (fastlane) when it was first announced they would be doing these. They were asked by me and others to ensure that they were easily identifiable as reproductions by putting "reroduced by rare spares" or some other subtle change so these were not used to defraud an unsuspecting buyer. Answer they will only make exact copies of the original, you would only have to ask yourself why? My guess is that they will not be able to sell as many reproduced versions as they would the exact copies. An easily identifiable, reproduced warranty booklet is of no use to anyone other than to fraudsters...

LC LJ LH and LX books will be reprinted no doubt about it... its only a amatter of time

#89 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I wouldnt be too worried about that.

Rares cant make an exact copy of anything.

#90 _hqgts_

_hqgts_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

here is the link.... make your own determination

http://www.fastlane....nt,service,book

#91 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

If you know of any speek up and say so or shut up.( i wish all the fakes where ratted out) Prove they are fake and let the law do it's job and people will know witch cars are fake, then you will have an outcome. I for one think there is more fakes then real cars and yes there is some very good copies out there.
Don't take it the wrong way as i want the fakes shown up for what they are.

Interesting idea but opens a whole can of worms, what makes a car a fake re shelled? missing tags cut and shut etc. Then you would have to be careful there is a lot of so calledled experts out there that wouldnt know if areal XU1 or GTR ran over their foot. Forgotten how many times Ive been at car shows etc and overheard a comment like that ones a fake as they only came out with webers or some other stupid comment.

Only real way of sorting the problem out is to get a register happening of the genuine XU1s and GTRs but thats a minefield. I think until we can do that the best thing that can be done is just to highlight what John said and what I tell people in the market do the check before the cheque. Rant over

Edited by 71xu1, 23 January 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#92 _ooLo31_

_ooLo31_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

i know of a genuine sunburst met lc xu1 sitting in a garage .it was wrapped around a pole by the old blokes
son over 25 years ago. i have known about this car for since his son bought it .i have offered him money
and im waiting for an answer ....i would have to replace the roof ,floorpan and the left pillars and other bits on
the left side .what will it make this car when i start cutting it up ?

#93 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I for one, believe it would still be an original car. IF it is definately an XU-1 to start with....

#94 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I agree with Skap,but as Dave has said in above post, this is where the can on worms get opened.There are plenty of people out there say that once you start replacing outer panels they class them as reshells.
But at the end of the day in my view providing you retain the original inner guard and chassi number to the original shell and repair what is needed then its an original as long as it dose check out to be an XU.

Funny you mension that colour and damage,cause my car copped the same sort of damage as well and same side and its the same colour????
I didn't have to replace my roof though.
Also I'm sure you just done a typo but it would have to be a LJ not LC to be the orignal colour of Sunburst.
cheers

#95 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

what will it make this car when i start cutting it up ?

Ahmmm, It will make it, well I guess, cut up?

#96 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

i know of a genuine sunburst met lc xu1 sitting in a garage .it was wrapped around a pole by the old blokes
son over 25 years ago. i have known about this car for since his son bought it .i have offered him money
and im waiting for an answer ....i would have to replace the roof ,floorpan and the left pillars and other bits on
the left side .what will it make this car when i start cutting it up ?

I agree with Dane repair what is needed retain the shell without it being a cut and shut its still an XU1 shell so all ok. As soon as you decide its easier to re shell and weld skirt numbers in to match thats were the problem starts.

Wouldnt it be nice one day if you were interested in selling your car and putting in the advert this vehicle is registered on a national database you can buy with confidence. This would sort out the dubious cars or simply make the whole deal open and transparent.

Cheers Dave

#97 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Wouldnt it be nice one day if you were interested in selling your car and putting in the advert this vehicle is registered on a national database you can buy with confidence. This would sort out the dubious cars or simply make the whole deal open and transparent.

Cheers Dave

i like that national database of genuine cars idea

#98 _ooLo31_

_ooLo31_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I for one, believe it would still be an original car. IF it is definately an XU-1 to start with....

yeh it is genuine and original no mods still sits the same as the day the tow truck put it there

#99 _ooLo31_

_ooLo31_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I agree with Skap,but as Dave has said in above post, this is where the can on worms get opened.There are plenty of people out there say that once you start replacing outer panels they class them as reshells.
But at the end of the day in my view providing you retain the original inner guard and chassi number to the original shell and repair what is needed then its an original as long as it dose check out to be an XU.

Funny you mension that colour and damage,cause my car copped the same sort of damage as well and same side and its the same colour????
I didn't have to replace my roof though.
Also I'm sure you just done a typo but it would have to be a LJ not LC to be the orignal colour of Sunburst.
cheers. It is an LC I haven't seen it in years. I saw his dad last week so must my mistake looks like sunburst only dirtier

#100 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

lcxu105

If you know of any speek up and say so or shut up. thanks for them kind word,,,

i wish all the fakes where ratted out). me to but its not that easy,,,

Prove they are fake and let the law do it's job and people will know witch cars are fake, then you will have an outcome. I for one think there is more fakes then real cars and yes there is some very good copies out there. i agree, but if i give the info to all you on this forum the people will just make the changes needed, and then people will stop posting pics for me-us to look over.

cheers gong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users