Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

So indeed your motivations here are to maintain the rare status of these cars otherwise your role in buying/selling/re-store( or do you mean restore?)(be it for a regular wage) and the value of your one "investment" (be it being passed onto future generations) could disappear/diminsh.

A few questions for you Torbirdie;

1. Why would you question Gong's integrity? He is one of the most helpful and willing to share on this forum.

2. Why shouldn't he and others with the real deal protect their investment?

3. What is YOUR motive in trying to devalue these cars?

4. Why do you turn so many threads into a sh!tfight?

#27 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi guys,
Fairly new to this forum, but just commenting that one , if not THE, best thing about it is the level of info and knowledge/help that can be found here.
Hope that continues without the stuff that occurs on so many other forums.
....just saying......

#28 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Torbirdie is just a cock.

Everyone knows that except for those who soon find out.

#29 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I wish Torbirdie would realise because he does sometimes make a good point, its just the other 80% of the time when he carries on like an idiot.

#30 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

If it wasnt for people like John...Ide be stuffed with my car...He/bazza and this forum has helped heaps.... We are just trying to save our investment... Way too many shonky buggers out there..

#31 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Maybe Torbirdie is one of the eBay sellers of tags. :stirpot:

#32 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I wish Torbirdie would realise because he does sometimes make a good point, its just the other 80% of the time when he carries on like an idiot.

Only 80% of the time... That's a conservative estimate! :P

#33 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

Edited by orangeLJ, 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#34 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I was trying to be nice :spoton:

#35 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

A few questions for you Torbirdie;

1. Why would you question Gong's integrity? He is one of the most helpful and willing to share on this forum.

Not questioning his integrity, just his motiviations in why he started this thread. People here know they should check out cars for authenticity if they are paying big dollars for supposed rarity and not believe sellers of these vehicles at face value.

Most helpful on the forum, he may be indeed, can't remember even looking at a thread he has contributed to, so cant really comment.

2. Why shouldn't he and others with the real deal protect their investment?

People should look after number one, but trying to create alarm by saying they will all end up in court, when deception on nearly every 2nd hand motor car deal is an everday occurence?

3. What is YOUR motive in trying to devalue these cars?

Yeh right, where have i tried to do that. But do I care if there are hundreds of replica xu1s that come on the market and they are so good no-one can tell the difference, be a good thing for everyone wouldnt you think?, ..........except those that now have a car they that is suddenly worth a lot less.
Surely the aim of this forum isnt to make driving toranas elitist?

4. Why do you turn so many threads into a sh!tfight?

Yeh, so I raise some issues that some people here don't like, its a discussion forum, get over it. Yeh, but there are some here who think its playground rules and that just abusing anyone who goes against the "group think" makes them feel good without having to actually address what they dont like, I cant take responsiblity for them.

Edited by torbirdie, 14 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#36 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Not questioning his integrity, just his motiviations in why he started this thread. People here know they should check out cars for authenticity if they are paying big dollars for supposed rarity and not believe sellers of these vehicles at face value.

Most helpful on the forum, he may be indeed, can't remember even looking at a thread he has contributed to, so cant really comment.

Torbirdie, not reading John's contributions to the forum is most likely the reason you don't understand his motivations for starting this thread. Yet you make uneducated comments...... Then wonder why people abuse you?

My understanding of this thread is as follows:

1. If you advertise a lc , lj gtr or xu-1 (car) on the forum, or elsewhere and there are glaring irregularities, you wont be questioned you will be exposed.

2. If you restore a car on the forum claiming it to be something it is not, you will be exposed.

3. If you reveal a recent purchase of a car on the forum, and there are prior records of it not being what it is represented as, you will be advised. If it was previously owned by a forum member, that member will be exposed without question.

I have learnt a lot from John over the years, he has knowledge on these cars that really would amaze some that think they know it all. Its not just a numbers game.!

In fact i now know that one recent LC CK sale from a member of this forum for over $80,000 to a recent member of this forum is a rebody. Period.......

And that is despite a forum member numbers guru inspecting the car. John barely even needs a tag or number to tell you if you have a "car".

So torbirdie, there is your answer, in clear concise English just as you like it !

#37 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well i was going to add my 2 cents but i think i will save mt breath
everyone else is doing fine
as for john gong (legend)

#38 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

The point is it isn't about devaluing or increasing the value of a particular model or whatever, it is about trying to prevent people from getting ripped off.

I have been in contact with a guy who paid WAY too much for a car that he now cannot sell, at least not for what he paid for it.

This is the kind of stuff John is trying to protect people from.

Like it or not, there are a lot of morons, toothless bogans(not you Quag :D) and dodgy fr0cks who know enough about these cars to dupe some who know a bit less in order to make a quick buck.

And to be frank, you suggesting that Mr John Gong has started this thread to protect his own interests is highly insulting to me, and I'm sure to anyone who has ever had dealings with him.

I'm not saying he is perfect, and I'm sure he wouldn't say it either, but his contribution to this forum, including this offer of assistance to whoever wants it, is testament to his level of awesomeness.

#39 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

i will clear something up for you [no name] this is not facebook, its a torana forum where people come to get info, or help others with info, its just a petty that some take what they learn and think they can make money from that.
WELL JUST ASWELL I DONT TELL ALL

cheers gong

#40 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

So indeed your motivations here are to maintain the rare status of these cars otherwise your role in buying/selling/re-store( or do you mean restore?)(be it for a regular wage) and the value of your one "investment" (be it being passed onto future generations) could disappear/diminsh.

Making fakes Xu-1's or any other limited number cars, wont devalue the reel ones, all it will do is catch a few people out and cost them a bundle, John is trying to prevent this..... There's nothing wrong with having more Torana's running around, just sell them for what they are.... and not what they can never be.... Thank God we have people out there like John and Bazza and others who give there knowledge and experience freely to others...

#41 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yeah it is a fine line between helping people not get ripped off and enabling others to rip people off I bet.

#42 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Apologies for thread hijack, but i have my own theory. This person is some what nefarious in nature. The vast majority of posts by this author i have read center around his own sense of self right, i don't recall reading many posts actually contributing to this forum in a positive sense. On the other hand i have read plenty of negative posts chastising people who don't conform to his way of thinking. Perhaps people's opinions might be assuaged if this author actually focused more on the positives rather than the negatives.

#43 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

But do I care if there are hundreds of replica xu1s that come on the market and they are so good no-one can tell the difference, be a good thing for everyone wouldnt you think?, ..........

Again showing no interest in either the topic or indeed the forum and what it stands for? Time to move on Ol' chap?
http://www.justcommodores.com.au/

#44 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Nefarious ? Assuaged ? Torbirdie, what do these big words mean ?

#45 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Seems u have missed the major pt I've made. It appears the op isn't concerned about buyers being deceived nor about having plenty of toranas driving around, but making sure that his investment a aren't devalued by more to choose from.

Personally, I'm not into lying or deception, but where is the line going to be drawn here?

There is one case of jail, but didn't that involve a stolen car? The other involved having to sue and no criminal conviction.

How many cases of fraud are the courts going to be listening to? I'm guessing 99% of used car sales involve a lie somewhere in the sale: The seller told me it was always stored in a garage and it wasn't?

I think you would be surprised how many have been caught out and gaolled for vehicle related fraud.
That is why each State Police dept pumps money into their Fraud or Organised Crime units that deal with this issue.

Even so much as the recent "unrestored" controversy can have a seller refunding a buyers money and being fined at the least.
Just try selling a car again after the cops make you buy it back...........

John may not be the most eloquent on the forum, or an expert in the use of the interwebs (with all possible respect John :D ).........he is, however, an expert in GTRs and XU-1s, esp. LCs, and anyone looking to buy a car who has questions should seek his advice. He will keep ensuring that as many people are kept safe from fraudsters and those loose with the truth as he possibly can.

Grant..

#46 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Why do we even entertain this clown? :dontknow: We know who he is and his alter ego? Isn't it against forum rules to have 2 memberships?

#47 _barodaxu1_

_barodaxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

i will clear something up for you [no name] this is not facebook, its a torana forum where people come to get info, or help others with info, its just a petty that some take what they learn and think they can make money from that.
WELL JUST ASWELL I DONT TELL ALL

cheers gong

Good on you John, you have my vote. Everyone should know (or be advised) if the car is a fake.

#48 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

rodomo

Why do we even entertain this clown? :dontknow: We know who he is and his alter ego? Isn't it against forum rules to have 2 memberships?
Posted Image

IT has 900 plus posts
no name
no gender
no birth date
IT JUST DOES NOT EXIST

please tell what you know mate
cheers gong

#49 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

http://www.gmh-toran...devilsadvocate/

#50 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I do not know John, never met him or talked to him but i am glad he is around and others like him to keep our hard earned safe from the money hungry bastards that want to rip off the innocent.

I would like to say a big thank you to John Gong and all the other experts that take the time to help us with the truth about our present/future and proposed purchases.

I know if i was new to Toranas and i bought a LC/J GTR/XU1 that was advertised as genuine, numbers matching and later was told it was just a POV pack replica then i would be out for blood and wishing there was someone whom i could have got in contact with before the purchase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users