Photo

HJGTS 4door Monaro? or Not

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#351 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

if you hate doors so much, why don't you buy a T bucket.

#352 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Style its all about style e.g. a HK Monaro has far more racing style to my eye than a HK taxi.

1968-holden-hk-monaro-gts-327-bathurst-c

11-hk-kingswood-01.jpg

Then there is the practicality ... just how much use are the doors? For me just like a/c, power windows, sound system, heating, carpets, cruise control etc.

I don't have a need for them why other people want or like them is up to them. Light, plenty of horsepower,great brakes and great grip. All of which is why in theory an F1 car is at the top of the technology tree.

Cars for me are about making them go as fast as possible or else I might as well drive anything if you just want one to go shopping in.

#353 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I also imagine you would have liked Holden to release the L34 without choking it, either with the $1500 race kit or part thereof. They needed to be listening more to Harry and far less to their social conservative conscience that was scared of its own shadow. Hell even a middle ground on the road car breathing ...  :driving:

Another comment you completely missed LXSS350, it wasn't a "social conservative conscience" it was called ADR27 (not to be confused with ADR27A). This was all discussed a few pages ago, but your mouth was getting in the way at the time.

The L34 had to comply with this new ADR27, unlike the XA GT, a year or earlier. GM-H only needed to built an homologation package package, to which the allowed race bits were added. The HO kit had to be made an "accessory kit" because it was NOT road legal under ADR27.

In the same way that the US performance cars were being choke by their emission laws, the L34 was the first car here to be so effected.

They did listen to Harry, he was the architect.

Dr Terry

#354 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

They needed to be listening more to Harry and far less to their social conservative conscience that was scared of its own shadow. Hell even a middle ground on the road car breathing ...... but what they did was get it 75% and then stopped.

Now your talking

Harry and Ian Tate had the 308 V8 all done with the V8 LJ Torana, then GMH go with the Repco done 308 V8, who only tested the engine on the Dyno and not the race track, Should of stuck with the Harry 308 V8 and not the Repco 308 V8, Harry fixed it as the L34 Progressed.

Edited by xu2308, 17 March 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#355 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

We are supposed to be getting the Camaro here but unfortunately only as a HSV not as a Holden. Hopefully they don't hit it with the same ugly stick as most other HSV stuff and sell it at an affordable price. And hopefullyit is better than the US production versions, I hired one in Hawaii and it was a far inferior car to my V2 CV8 in useability and how it drove. And it only had 10,000 miles on it, my V2 has 117,000kM.

I totaly agree wiith your with your comment on the Camaro, I also hired one in Hawaii and much prefer my V2 monaro driving dynamics over it, the only thing that made the Camaro better was being able to drop the roof down, could no way live with one that had a tin roof, too cramped for space.

#356 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

Drove a 2009 Shelby GT-H Mustang half way across the States. Compared to my VE SS it didn't go, stop, or steer!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users