• Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

It'll get sold it won't get crushed

What a nuff nuff for not learning the first time

#27 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

I wonder if the police have video evidence of him doing the second burn out ? 

if it is a proper burnout on a public road, then I hope he doesn't get it back... Though one would have to be bloody stupid to do that if they had already had their car impounded.

#28 _330OLX_

_330OLX_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

This guy's car looks like it would've precious to him, he was already on one warning, yet still performed something that was deemed a burnout.

Crushing the car is extreme, but the authorities probably believe that making an example of him may be a great way to modify the behaviours of others in the community.

There are serious consequences for certain serious unlawful behaviours.

How many times do you read about a professional driver (truckie etc) before the courts for drink driving or similar & pleading to the judge for leniency because they'll lose their job if they lose their licence.

When you require a licence to earn a living then you shouldn't do anything to jeopardise it.

If love your car & can't afford to have it confiscated then you also shouldn't do anything to jeopardise it

If the laws are there & we choose to ignore them we may not like what comes our way.

Draw attention to yourself at your peril

Edited by 330OLX, 30 October 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#29 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Will put my perspective on it.

He has previously had his car impounded, so he was well aware of the consequences of repeat offences. He chose to do it again.

The police have been tasked to clamp down on this practice.

The offence is highly visible.

The results of being caught are well publicised.

The police are then seen to be doing something.

Its probably as much a PR exercise as well.

Sympathy for the offender from me?

NONE.

He knew the consequences of being caught and chose to do it anyway.

Although there are far worse offences, this one is highly visible.

Its not just the oldies who dont like it. I live in an area with a high dickhead to police ratio.

There are idiots doing it every night within earshot of my place.

It pisses me and my neighbours off. I dont consider myself old and my neighbours are younger.

I am a rev head myself and I have left black marks on selected areas many times.

But always where they wont piss people off.

Its called consideration.

Around the corner from my place 2 guys lost their lives from doing skids.

They built up some speed doing it and ended up on a tree.

There were over 20 houses affected by that act of stupidity.

The residents of those houses were basically locked in for about 8 hours.

I stand corrected.

I just hope it was legitimate hooning.

I am really surprised at how much everyone seems to have just accepted this law now though.

I'm not a burnout guy, never have been, in fact I don't think I've ever done a hoon worthy skid, but I still don't like such a harsh penalty.

#30 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Not everyone has accepted there Tough Laws on this, Police take your car before you go to Court, I thought you are innocent until proven Guilty, but this law gives the Police a NAZI type of power, and it's wrong and it's wrong us the people let the over regulated law happen.

#31 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Havent said I accepted it either.

But the law has been made.

Its not as though they have made it secret and sprung it at the last minute.

There are lots of laws I dont agree with.

But they have been made.

And part of being a good member of society is following the laws that have been made.

Or accepting the circumstances if you decide to break the law.

#32 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

HitIer only crushed Pommy imports.

#33 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Police take your car before you go to Court, I thought you are innocent until proven Guilty,

They do the same if they suspect you of murder, if you don't get bailed you get locked up until you go to court to get proven guilty or innocent. Removing the car from him is pretty much the same, keeping the public out of harm till he's proven guilty/innocent.

s

#34 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

My spin:

First of all I would rather my car being crushed than doing 12 months in gaol..that would wreck your life entirely I reckon and no car is worth that;

Second the lad is a fool for repeating the offence knowing the consequences;

Third it is a harsh penalty, confiscation of vehicle for an extended period of time is enough in my eyes;

Forth, I am not a burnout lover but having a car with enough power to do it easily, yet not intentionally, makes life intersting while driving in various conditions :-).

My two bobs worth..

#35 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

A Burnout is not Murder, so I don't see how u can compare the two in that way, Police do not need to take a car if they catch someone doing a small skid or huge skid, Fine or loss of licence or the courts impound the car for 12 months after you been to court, is how it should be. In the 1980's a burnout was $15 and 1 Point, the law seems harsh now compared to back then, just saying.

#36 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

A Burnout is not Murder, so I don't see how u can compare the two in that way,

Okay then; theft, domestic abuse, assault, drunk and disorderly or any other manner of crime that will have you locked up before a court appearance; was only using murder as one example. If the offence puts the public at harm and there's a chance the driver will repeat the offence; I say why not impound the car; of course you could impound the driver.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 30 October 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#37 Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Name:John

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

A Burnout is not Murder...

Didn't six people in the states get killed when a burnout on a public road went wrong?

#38 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Didn't six people in the states get killed when a burnout on a public road went wrong?

Manslaughter, lol.

s

#39 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Talking on a hand held mobile phone whilst driving has been proven to be equally as dangerous as drink driving, of which both offences combined account for 60% of all motor vehicle crashes. Hooning related offences account for only 1.5%, if memory serves me correctly.

I'm still waiting for laws to be enacted to classify talking or texting on a hand held mobile phone whilst driving as a hooning offence.

Can't wait love to see if the motoring public (voters) are happy to bend over and be shafted by that law.

The anti hooning laws are DRACONIAN.

My 5 cents.

Dave.

#40 Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Name:John

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

You might think manslaughter is funny and that's the opinion you're entitled to. But if somebody is smoking their tyres and a hot piece of rubber flicks up and ruins your $500 suit or hits you in the eye, you may look at things differently.

#41 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

I think he was kidding Vic ;)

#42 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

the law seems harsh now compared to back then, just saying.

I absolutely agree and it is harsh for a one off, it's the repeat offenders I was referring to.

You might think manslaughter is funny

I don't think manslaughter is funny at all; I had to appear as witness once when I guy was picking a fight with someone on a train platform; the guy decides to jump down onto the tracks to flee, he just didn't manage to get back up onto the opposite platform in time for the oncoming train.

The lol referred to your reply to the murder comment and me saying it's manslaughter not murder.

s

s

#43 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

"Officers from the Road Policing Unit say they caught the 46-year-old man red-handed when he allegedly did a burnout in his 1969 Pontiac Firebird on Nambour Connection Rd at the intersection with Cobbs Rd.

Little did he know that police officers also were waiting at the traffic lights, two cars behind.

Police allege the man revved the engine, accelerated and performed a burnout where the vehicle had a "sustained loss of traction".

Police made him forfeit the car on the spot because the incident on Monday was the second time the driver had been caught doing burnouts in a matter of weeks.

The classic car enthusiastic will face court on Thursday under the anti-hooning laws."

Let's be honest, a 46 yr old guy lighting up his tyres in traffic is not a 'classic car enthusiast', he is a bogan d!ckhead.

I won't lose any sleep if they crush him in the car.

Edited by Lazarus, 30 October 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#44 _greg2240_

_greg2240_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

It's people like this that give our sport and interest's a bad name, making our lives even harder, ie: modifying permits etc, plenty of places to do it legally, and at 46 the guy should know better.

#45 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

I would say the difference between him and most of us........ is he got caught...     frock me, there's some angels on this high performance car forum.....   Burnouts loss of traction.....   Jeeezaus, you should see the skid marks where the local cops hides to catch people....  turbo Falcon highway patrols cars can lite em up pretty good too....    I haven't seen where this burnout was done or just how dangerous it was, so I will hold my judgement........  but I do agree......it was stupid after the first time, yes....  doing it in traffic, stupid yes.... enjoying what the car was built for, no......     And to be fair, do they confiscate your car for repeat offences of texting or talking on your phone..... which to me is much more prevalent, and a hell of a lot more dangerous.....     and there are countless cases of actual deaths accouring because of texting or phone use while driving.....   I would like to see the figures on the actual deaths caused by burnouts.......  

#46 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

That was organised event featuring a full-on methanol funny car (or doorslammer or whatever) with 100s of spectators standing on the roadway watching the driver do a Victor Bray type racing burnout. Who ever sanctioned that demo was insane.

I don't think that event & this idiot's actions are remotely similar.

Dr Terry

#47 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

The law can be stupid.

But its the law whether you believe it is right or wrong.

Ian if you truly believe that it is wrong why dont you lobby the politicians to have cars potentially crushed for texting and phone use?

#48 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

There are some people in this world who will just do things in an unsafe place at times!

It is not only "hoons",you should see the way a Highway Patrol  car turns around and feature 'excessive acceleration" and the "rate of knots"

they come up behind you if you get pinged for 120 in a 100 on an open road.

Besides, i thought taking someones private property without  permission from owner was called THEFT, despite what some what some of these clowns do!

#49 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Its the government.

Its a legislated penalty.

They can take it without a drama.

#50 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

This car won't be crushed.

The law was created to keep Australia beautiful by declaring war on $500 shitbox commodores. :lol:

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users