Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

He did a burnout oh no its the end if the frOckin world
crushing his car will only affect him if the law thinks people will stop doing stupid things in cars if they start crushing them
they are delusional big time

#52 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Plenty of comments that the guy is an idiot. Its quite likely, but wow what an incredible penalty just for being an idiot!

Can we see the studies and statistics that prove a little wheel spin leads to serious injury and death? Increasingly minor and even unrelated activities are being heavily targeted in the name of reducing serious problems, which don't seem to be reducing at all. To me this sends a dangerous message: if the penalty for street racing and high level dangerous driving is the same as slipping the clutch at an intersection then why not go all out?

At this stage of the game opposition to such imbalanced legislation is likely to be confined to car enthusiasts, if the sample here is at all representative there's not much hope!

#53 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Can we see the studies and statistics that prove a little wheel spin leads to serious injury and death?

It's all a media beat up, promote fear in order to gain support to make more laws, fund wars, etc.

They're doing it right now with moslems, ebola, etc.

s

#54 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

^^^ Mods we may need to move this to the Non genuine conspiracy thread :P

#55 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

Pretty sure this guy has a not so good track record with the police so they are probably finally fed up with his shit

#56 _SRV_

_SRV_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

The law should be changed to crush car unless worth more than x amount of dollars (or is Torana, couldn't care less about that fugly Pontiac to be honest). Additional punishment should include swift kick up the arse. 

#57 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

The law should be changed to crush car unless worth more than x amount of dollars (or is Torana, couldn't care less about that fugly Pontiac to be honest). Additional punishment should include swift kick up the arse. 

In WA at least if they can make some good coin out of it they will auction it rather than crush it.

There was a guy up north who got done in his HSV and that got sold rather than crushed.

http://www.watoday.c...825-1083ki.html

That was his third conviction and he was doing 182 in a 110 zone so suck it up I reckon.

That's a lot different to dropping a skid.

#58 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

It would stuck if this guy's second offence was just chirping a tyre...

#59 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:14 AM

If this car gets crushed then the hooning laws need a major rethink, Its not like he got arrested for illegal street drag racing. :ph34r: Peoples property being destroyed needs to be the absolute worst punishment for a really serious breach of the road laws..not for a few piddly burnouts. Drink drivers don't even get their cars crushed.. :angry:

#60 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

Whole thing about it is it has been widely publicised what the penalties are.

No ones opinion here matters.

If these idiots have that little respect that they continue to do stupid things in public places then they have no one to blame but themselves.

#61 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

I don't believe crushing the car is of any use to anyonne personally. The law should be the car goes to auction. Whats the definition of a burnout in the law, I haven't read it in a while, but it used to say loss of traction, which is crazy.

If it's a case of these guys doing donnuts in a public street like half these idiots keep putting up on YouTube, then yes by all means take their car away, they have no respect for it anyway.

#62 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I don't want to live in a society where we allow our law enforcement officers the power to take someone's property off them. That is not right.

We need to be reducing the power of police, not increasing

#63 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

I don't want to live in a society where we allow our law enforcement officers the power to take someone's property off them.

Its the fact that this equates to an arbitrary value which varies greatly from person to person and can potentially be quite high. Even in the HSV example, can you imagine going to court and getting a $35,000 fine for a dangerous driving offence?

#64 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

people like this dickhead are giving guys like us a bad name.obviously he doesnt value his car like most of us..we have drag strips

.burnout comps.powercruise and heaps others where you can do all this in a controlled enviroment.yes the law sucks .but this is one way

to get through to people who just dont learn.we all know what our cars are capable of .we dont need to show off or proove anything but in

saying that yes ive done it when was an idiot.out in the middle of nowhere .all enthusiasts should be for this rule.

#65 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

Whole thing about it is it has been widely publicised what the penalties are.

No ones opinion here matters.

If these idiots have that little respect that they continue to do stupid things in public places then they have no one to blame but themselves.

Rob, I tried to ignore your post to me, but you got me , so here goes...........   Rob, have you ever been booked for speeding??,  and if you have you were very irresponsible, and if you have been booked for speeding twice, you are obviously an idiot, because you never learnt ....  me personally,  I have a perfect driving record, and have completed a defensive driving course, that allows me to drive outside of the norm. (so I think anyway :)... ) so I should be allowed to perform obviously dangerous burnouts in relative safety......   hell I watch the NASCAR driver do it all the time ....  It's easy, one foot on the brake, one one the throttle ....  but some people (maybe you, by the look of your car, should not take these crazy risks) .....  and leave it to the professionals........     :thebird:   

#66 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Uncalled for

#67 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

Sorry Red, just a light hearted dig.........  sorry for any offence ....     but people who get up on the moral high horse, are usually quik to sin ....... and slow to admit...  :)

#68 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

Sorry Red, just a light hearted dig.........  sorry for any offence ....     but people who get up on the moral high horse, are usually quik to sin ....... and slow to admit...  :)

Perfect driving record Ian cmon

#69 Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Name:John

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

After the second impound, the police can then request the permanent seizure. Somebody who actually cares could search the relavent state laws to find out the factors that determine if a vehicle is then crushed or auctioned.

#70 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

I still say the law is what it is and cant be changed (even though I disagree). So... you do a burnout yet again and your car is crushed.. You gonna risk it again.?? You know the consequences, deal with the punishment. Until you lobby change you all know how it is and shouldn't be challenging it. Enough said (from a person that loves watching a good skid in the right place but has also watched it first hand in melbourne city streets (bouverie approx 98') where a girl was crushed against a light pole and died by an out of control 'skid') Maybe 1 in a mill but it happens. I see no issue with this law unless you have no disregard for others and are sensible. I'll leave it to you folk to judge

#71 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

Ah Bouverie street, so many fond memories. Was good fun in the 80s when it was just the wog boys and the odd invited honorary Greek like myself.

#72 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:32 AM

Gene'o, I am definitely not without sin......  I have a good driving record, only one motorcycle crash (that was not my fault), Plenty of speeding tickets,  unfortunately. (so that does make me an Idiot, but I doubt i'm alone on that issue)   Plus damn motorbikes seem to want to go faster by themselves, I swear officer....   :)

I like cars, but bikes are more my passion....  I'm not really even into burnouts, one is a bit of fun to watch, but they get boring real quik, are pointless, and stink...  but, the relative danger is IMO, pretty low, especially compared to high speeds, drink driving, and texting while driving, all of which are proven killers....    

and as said by Tony and others, the law is there, and if you are going to continue to do burnouts on busy roads.....  well you probably deserve some increased penalty.....  just crushing cars seems a bit extreme...........     :3gears:

#73 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

A bit Extreme, it seems over Extreme I reckon, the person in control of the car is the culprit not the car, what's next they Ban Cars

#74 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

what's next they Ban Cars

Not all cars, just modified cars.

#75 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

I still say the law is what it is and cant be changed

Not true.

The government is there to do our bidding, not the other way around.

The law was created due to public opinion and lobbying, it can be changed/removed in the same way.

However the more I think about it the more I think it isn't such a bad idea to have this kind of disincentive for repeat offenders.

As long as it is used properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users