#51 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

If that's a fact Jason could you please back up your statement with something factual?

#52 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

:lol:  does anyone even know of the writ that has been submitted to the High Court of Australia regarding our constitutional obligation

as a Commonwealth Country that was rejected by the Queen of England (Head of State,like it or not) on the steps of Parliament House in 1973 when the corporate thieves took over ?

The more we move away from the self preferred 2 party system and have someone/s in with a bit of "independent" common good in their bones...the better.

#53 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

Run by Independents? What a nightmare that would be.

Thankfully the main parties are reasonably sane compared to Independents.

Have you actually looked at some of the policies they want to implement?

The Greens are bad enough, and they have way too much influence for a bunch of loonies.

Even that great PMs Ronald McDonald and Elmer Fudd we had for a while were railroaded by the Greenies just to get a standing government.

They are good for a little reality check though.

Pauline was ridiculed but then a lot of her suggestions ended up as policy.

Took a while.

Most politicians have never worked a real job, and lose touch with the real world.

They need a shake up every now and then.

Tony has an advantage their too. He interacts with real people whenever he can.

Cant beat hurry up and wait on a fireground to bring some good discussions.

#54 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

the liberal part lives in the 1950s.what about your mate menzies back in the war days sold scrap metal to the japs and they made bombs and fired them back to australia.

why do most of abbotts back bench wants him removed.heil hitler to the liberals

#55 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Jason you still havent come up with anything factual.

Unless you are talking about something that happened even before I was born.

Trusting people with money is a good subject though for someone who blindly follows Labor.

Your great female PM assisted in ripping millions of dollars from the unions.

The unions let it happen and then wouldnt provide information to Police.

Now how could you ever trust anyone who helps steal that much money.

And your current leader is a rapist. Nice bloke to trust as well.

#56 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

you could not trust the liberals with a jam jar full of 5 cent coins its a fact

You might need a small history lesson me thinks lets just say the last 35 years in this great country

#57 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

what this abbott Cunning Stunt has done=Cancel the national aged community care forum 15-12-14,Cancels the coag select council on work place relations 15-12-14.Dismantles the vietnams vetrans education centre 15-12-14.Aboilishes the medicine advice the therapeutics education centre 15-12-14.Spends millions on market research and tv advertisment promoting to uncap uni fees 28-12-14.Attemps to undermine medicare by slashing the amount doctors get for consultations 12-1-15.This is only the begining i would not piss on this Cunning Stunt if he was on fire.

#58 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:52 AM

Half you blokes who are knocking unions have probably never even been in a union. You wouldn't know shit about what a union does and what benefits an ordinary working Australian gets from being a member. 

Hopefully this thread gets shut down as i'm sick of hearing this political crap on our forum.

#59 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

Half you blokes who are knocking unions have probably never even been in a union. You wouldn't know shit about what a union does and what benefits an ordinary working Australian gets from being a member. 

Hopefully this thread gets shut down as i'm sick of hearing this political crap on our forum.

I've been in several unions (unfortunately) & I find it difficult to think of anything that they have done for their members since the 70s, when they actually had a place in society.

Their main function these days seems to involve a lot of featherbedding, Craig Thompson, Bruce Wilson, Ms Gillard, Bill Shorten perhaps ???

Union membership is now around 13% of the workforce & sinking.

Dr Terry

#60 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

i have a lot of pommy friends and all of them hated thacther

There are not many politicians anywhere that keep everyone happy all of the time.

In her time she was very popular with the masses because she got the country out of debt & working again.

She was so much better for the country as a whole than her idiot predecessors, like Harold Wilson & James Callaghan who virtually brought the UK to its knees.

The 'poll tax' was her downfall.

Dr Terry

#61 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

So odviously all you political & economics experts don't have an interest in learning anything...  you all just keep spewing the crap that all the parties preach..... it doesn't matter who is in power, they all are controlled by the banks...  I have voted Liberal way more than I have voted Labor (actually 1 vote for Hawk, 1 vote for Rudd)  but as I have matured, and researched why countries are #@$^%&,  I have found that it is a flawed system that is ruining many Countries....  Dr Terry, you may think you have the answers for Ragan, Thatcher, but in the years to come, history will judge them, not you or me....    Do yourself a favor and watch the Four Horsemen.................   even some of you, who think you know it all, might learn the real reason World Debt is out of control...  

And you talk about corrupt Union officials..............  frOck me, for every 1 corrupt Union official, there are 10 corrupt Business Owners...  so give me a break..   Blaming Unions for problems in the work force today is about as stupid as blaming leaded fuel for destroying the environment today... both went out of existence in the mid 80's....... so all the crap you's have been going on about, finished decades ago.. (time to step into the present)   Every single working condition you and your children enjoy, were provided by a Union...  FACT..   so by all means, don't watch the film, go back to your cooking shows, or the football or what ever it is that keeps you from understanding the way the World works......   

But please No One, on here is smart enough to Know It All.........  and to carry on like you do, makes all of you sound stupid, Dr in front of your name or not.......

and before you say, "I think I know it all"....... I DON'T, but I am prepared to look past the lies of all the Political Parties, and I am old enough to know who runs the World of politics, and it ain't the unions...........  

I have put up enough info,  to give another explanation for what is destroying the way of life we have been used to prior to 1971......  if you don't care to look, that is your choice........  But, to constantly blame Liberals, Labor, or even the Unions, shows your total lack of understanding of how the World works...   but hey, there's always another cooking show to watch, and a jaded point of view to push.......

PS sorry Wot, for this going off topic....... I just find this very important, not for me, because I am old, and set for what is left of my life, but I worry for my childrens future, and my grand childrens future....  and this stupid argument over Liberal or Labor is dumb, they have been the only parties to have run this Country, and both have led us to where we are at right now.....  yet some of you feel the need to promote them as saviours ......  well, giggle, see what I mean ..   

Ian...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#62 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

I've been in several unions (unfortunately) & I find it difficult to think of anything that they have done for their members since the 70s, when they actually had a place in society.

Their main function these days seems to involve a lot of featherbedding, Craig Thompson, Bruce Wilson, Ms Gillard, Bill Shorten perhaps ???

Union membership is now around 13% of the workforce & sinking.

Dr Terry

Obviously you union was one of those crap unions. Our union has done plenty for us. They've doubled our pay in the last 6 years, got us travel money for ot not to mention a decent redundancy scheme.

Joining our union also gives you free ambulance cover, free legal and financial advice and also other benefits which escape me after a 12 hour night shift.

Not surprising union membership is that low really considering where manufacturings going in this country and major car companies pulling out. Dont get me wrong unions are not for everyone but without them a lot of families would be a lot worse off.

#63 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

you could not trust the liberals with a jam jar full of 5 cent coins its a fact

Wow. Obviously you have no knowledge of NSW Labor for the long period prior to the current NSW Government. They even tried (and successfully did) backstab one of their own (Jodi McKay) who refused to take bribes from a developer. Not saying the alternative has a clean nose either, but Christ wake up and open your eyes!

#64 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Obviously you union was one of those crap unions. Our union has done plenty for us. They've doubled our pay in the last 6 years, got us travel money for ot not to mention a decent redundancy scheme.

Joining our union also gives you free ambulance cover, free legal and financial advice and also other benefits which escape me after a 12 hour night shift.

Not surprising union membership is that low really considering where manufacturings going in this country and major car companies pulling out. Dont get me wrong unions are not for everyone but without them a lot of families would be a lot worse off.

I agree with you that Unions have their place, and can do great things. But they should not be pulling the strings of the Federal or State leaders - to me doing that is the same as allowing the workers to run the Employer's business. I've also run into their BS tactics at Australian Standards committees, where it was obvious that the agenda was to make it impossible to do certain jobs without using 2 or 3 people rather than to make the tasks as safe and efficient as possible. If Unions stuck to what they were designed for then they'd have more respect and standing (in my opinion). Developers are banned from making political donations for a good reason, and I think that same reason should apply to Unions.

As Ian states there are corrupt business owners, but it still galls me that employees get to dictate to a business owner how to run their business. Good employees should be rewarded, bad ones should be not so rewarded or fired. This whole level playing field is silly. I get that in a big organisation the employer doesn't want to do pay negotiations with every single employee - it is far easier to do a collective agreement. But for a very small business owner the idea that they cannot easily have individual agreements with individual employees is wrong, and the fact that it isn't easy to dismiss an employee either is wrong. If I run a business that is my job, I run the risk of leaving an employer to work for myself, I work hard and the business name and reputation is my source of income. If I reply upon an employee to do certain tasks for me, like turn up to work on a Monday morning and open the doors, but that employee has a big night watching the footy and doesn't turn up - my customers blame me and my income suffers. If I can't easily fire that employee then we have a broken system.

#65 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Yel, as always you do make sense...  but you only make sense of what the system is, that we work under now presently....  In years gone by workers did own the mills they worked in....   so things certainly have changed... and if you had looked at the research undertaken in the USA  on Union vs Non Union work forces, you would have seen that the projects carried out by Union work forces, were far more productive...   because it is Workers Wage Rate, Over Hour's, That Equals Cost .....  anyway  the video is one page back, and it is a short video....   the research is there, it is independent.. I suggest you have a look..

But as I said in the last long winded post I put up.....  Please do yourself a favor and watch The Four Horsemen....  It is not a documentry on Unions, or politics, It's about who controls the world, and the inevitable collapse of the monetary system we are now under....   It is Not a Conspiracy Theory, and it is not about blame, it is the story of who, and how the world is run, spoken by the people who know.....   1 hour 38 minutes it runs for, not long really to explain, the shit the baby boomer generation has left us with...  yes thats right, my lot...........   Greed has change people, and we don't even realize it... watch the 4 horsemen, understand, the problems will not change until the system changes... and it can only change if people are made aware of the REAL issues, and that can only happen if people want to learn & then change is possible..........  

Ian...

#66 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

Speaking for myself, I am extremely pleased to see that young Ricky has put forward a motion to reintroduce the ancient indigenous practice of hurling kangaroo shit to indicate displeasure during heated political debates.

#67 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Yel, as always you do make sense... but you only make sense of what the system is, that we work under now presently.... In years gone by workers did own the mills they worked in.... so things certainly have changed... and if you had looked at the research undertaken in the USA on Union vs Non Union work forces, you would have seen that the projects carried out by Union work forces, were far more productive... because it is Workers Wage Rate, Over Hour's, That Equals Cost ..... anyway the video is one page back, and it is a short video.... the research is there, it is independent.. I suggest you have a look..

But as I said in the last long winded post I put up..... Please do yourself a favor and watch The Four Horsemen.... It is not a documentry on Unions, or politics, It's about who controls the world, and the inevitable collapse of the monetary system we are now under.... It is Not a Conspiracy Theory, and it is not about blame, it is the story of who, and how the world is run, spoken by the people who know..... 1 hour 38 minutes it runs for, not long really to explain, the shit the baby boomer generation has left us with... yes thats right, my lot........... Greed has change people, and we don't even realize it... watch the 4 horsemen, understand, the problems will not change until the system changes... and it can only change if people are made aware of the REAL issues, and that can only happen if people want to learn & then change is possible..........

Ian...

I'll have a look at them, just have to get the time!

Yel, as always you do make sense... but you only make sense of what the system is, that we work under now presently.... In years gone by workers did own the mills they worked in.... so things certainly have changed... and if you had looked at the research undertaken in the USA on Union vs Non Union work forces, you would have seen that the projects carried out by Union work forces, were far more productive... because it is Workers Wage Rate, Over Hour's, That Equals Cost ..... anyway the video is one page back, and it is a short video.... the research is there, it is independent.. I suggest you have a look..

But as I said in the last long winded post I put up..... Please do yourself a favor and watch The Four Horsemen.... It is not a documentry on Unions, or politics, It's about who controls the world, and the inevitable collapse of the monetary system we are now under.... It is Not a Conspiracy Theory, and it is not about blame, it is the story of who, and how the world is run, spoken by the people who know..... 1 hour 38 minutes it runs for, not long really to explain, the shit the baby boomer generation has left us with... yes thats right, my lot........... Greed has change people, and we don't even realize it... watch the 4 horsemen, understand, the problems will not change until the system changes... and it can only change if people are made aware of the REAL issues, and that can only happen if people want to learn & then change is possible..........

Ian...

I'll have a look at them, just have to get the time!

#68 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

Please mate if you could....  I would love to hear some feedback ..    good or bad,   and maybe a spark can be lit,  and some interest in real change may take place.  fingers crossed..  but either way, the more people who come to realize that either party are the puppets of a much bigger master, the sooner they will realize we are on to them, and then we the people, will force Government to act in the interest of the many, instead of just the few..

"All experience has shown that mankind is more disposed to suffer - while evils are sufferable - than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed"...........    American Declaration Of Independence.

#69 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Disclaimer: I started this thread as I was extremely impressed with the honesty of Mr Muirs speech and thought it would be interesting to the members from here, given some of the shit slinging (no pun intended aye Laz) that has been done to Mr Muir and AMEP.

I have no affiliation or affection for AMEP or any other party. I only hope Mr Muir can in some way make a difference to improve things for all motoring enthusiasts. I personally am sick to death with the treatment of hotrodders. It's easy to blame the cocksuckers popping skids in Commodores out the front of schools but they aren't hotrodders and it's the media and govt that have pigeon holed these types with us enthusiasts. Go get 'em Mr Muir, you have your charter. Don't forget where you are from and what you represent.

#70 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

And rightly so Daz...  I thought it was Wot, sorry for that...   I have hi-jacked the thread enough, and sorry for that...   but you are right, it is so nice to hear someone say something they believe, and not simply told what to say..  I truly wish him the best, but I don't hold much hope, the State & Federal Government's are making a shitload out of ripping of motorist's (with hotted up cars & even those with standard cars) ...   so to change anything there probably means he will have to approve something like killing off everyone over the age of 65, because they have become a burden.  just joking, but i'm sure you know what I mean. Great Speach / Tuff Job

#71 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

+1

Again you are correct Ian.

#72 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Oh Dr Terry

Officially unionism is at around 13% but only because there are some workplaces especially in the public service arena where union membership is still compulsory.

If those areas were given a choice you would find that the figure would drop to below 10%.

Some unions are making themselves attractive to members with extras.

But overall in my experience it has been money down the drain.

They are pretty much redundant these days.

And dare I say it untrustworthy.

#73 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

If we are talking donations to parties.... you will find business give way more than unions do..  check for yourself, I count 4 union donations 2 to the ALP, and 2 to the Katter Party..  the rest are businesses & Individuals ..     You can't still seriously believe that Labor is for the Worker & Liberal is for Big Business...  comon, stop living in the past...   and as for Tony Abbott's credibility ....  maybe you should think again...

Link for Donations : http://www.theguardi...s-parties#table

Tony Abbott's credibility ?? .....   they are all crooks, or they don't make it to the top ..

#74 _ljxu1torana_

_ljxu1torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

If we are talking donations to parties.... you will find business give way more than unions do..  check for yourself, I count 4 union donations 2 to the ALP, and 2 to the Katter Party..  the rest are businesses & Individuals ..     You can't still seriously believe that Labor is for the Worker & Liberal is for Big Business...  comon, stop living in the past...   and as for Tony Abbott's credibility ....  maybe you should think again...

Link for Donations : http://www.theguardi...s-parties#table

Tony Abbott's credibility ?? .....   they are all crooks, or they don't make it to the top ..

true

#75 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

Give it your best shot Ricky !

As cited in the High Court of Australia Decision Sue v Hill [1999] HCA 30; 199 CLR
462; 163 ALR 648; 73 ALJR 1016 (23 June 1999) this has been an evolutionary process
or ‘gradualism’ used by members of political parties for their own agendas inside their
own ‘foreign governments’ to govern AUSTRALIA to statutory law.
Under this Australian System of Government all the individual natural people, including
Your Majesty have had all our real and personal property held inside the Trusts (Hague
Convention) Act 1991 and our civil and political rights and liberties and our rights to our
real and personal property are not recognised by the gender neutral entities inside the
Australian Government.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users